head and shoulders

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

head and shoulders

Postby MilnersJaw » Sun May 15, 2016 5:47 pm

I would just like to shout out how impressed I am of joe.

I disliked him for quite while, no where near Herb levels, but I wanted him gone. Pellers second season and this season he has shown how much he has improved dramatically; the clangers have been kept to a minimum and his shot stopping has been great. His distribution still isn't world class, but has also improved.

Anyone notice Neuer and Castillas has joined joe in the cheap shampoo promotions?
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Re: head and shoulders

Postby city72 » Sun May 15, 2016 6:01 pm

Wish he would catch the fuking ball instead of punching the ball to the opponents majority of the time.
city72
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city

Postby Nick » Sun May 15, 2016 6:07 pm

at fault twice for their 'disallowed' goal and kicking has gone to shit again.

He says all the right things in his interviews, but his need to be liked by all does grate sometimes.

Hope pep can improve his kicking and push him on.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby PeterParker » Sun May 15, 2016 6:48 pm

But is he as good as SIR WILLY?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun May 15, 2016 7:04 pm

city72 wrote:Wish he would catch the fuking ball instead of punching the ball to the opponents majority of the time.

He did until Pellegrini arrived (or was it Mancini?). Suspect a European coach has caused the issues, telling him not to catch, which he certainly used to do. Not sure Pep will change that
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby sheblue » Mon May 16, 2016 1:38 pm

joe will be fine in the medium term, we have many more problems to solve first.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Hazy2 » Mon May 16, 2016 1:46 pm

sheblue wrote:joe will be fine in the medium term, we have many more problems to solve first.

I never thought I would say this, but he the only one person at the club who seems capable of straying from the script of yes no answers. Thanks to him we have one less robot, even if he punches when he should catch. Credit where it is due, he had done his job again this season.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby bigblue » Mon May 16, 2016 1:53 pm

his CL performances have been out of this world for the past 2 years. Without him, we'd be on the wrong end of some very embarrassing scorelines.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Hazy2 » Mon May 16, 2016 1:58 pm

bigblue wrote:his CL performances have been out of this world for the past 2 years. Without him, we'd be on the wrong end of some very embarrassing scorelines.

PSG to name one.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 16, 2016 2:01 pm

bigblue wrote:his CL performances have been out of this world for the past 2 years. Without him, we'd be on the wrong end of some very embarrassing scorelines.

For me his performance at the Nou Camp last year was sensational, that aside he's dealt well with what he's had to deal with, the odd good save thrown in here and there but I think in general you're exaggerating.

Edit: I'll throw in the home game against Bayern from last season ( ? ) too.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby bigblue » Mon May 16, 2016 2:10 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

For me his performance at the Nou Camp last year was sensational, that aside he's dealt well with what he's had to deal with, the odd good save thrown in here and there but I think in general you're exaggerating.

Not exaggerating at all. Our defense leaves him out to dry and Joe consistently comes up with 1v1 saves to keep us in the game. Penalty save vs Zlatan and point blank stop vs Pepe come to mind in our most recent games.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 16, 2016 2:15 pm

bigblue wrote:

Not exaggerating at all. Our defense leaves him out to dry and Joe consistently comes up with 1v1 saves to keep us in the game. Penalty save vs Zlatan and point blank stop vs Pepe come to mind in our most recent games.

That stop from Pepe, what happens if that goes in? He's slaughtered for it, he did well, made himself big and blocked the shot but it seems to me that when a keeper saves a shot he should be saving they get too much credit.

Zlatan's penalty was poor.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Wonderwall » Mon May 16, 2016 2:25 pm

bigblue wrote:

That stop from Pepe, what happens if that goes in? He's slaughtered for it, he did well, made himself big and blocked the shot but it seems to me that when a keeper saves a shot he should be saving they get too much credit.

Penalty was poor because it was saved. Good penalties don't get saved but are often mentioned in commentary as good because the keeper guessed wrong.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 16, 2016 2:27 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
bigblue wrote:

Penalty was poor because it was saved. Good penalties don't get saved but are often mentioned in commentary as good because the keeper guessed wrong.

It was poor because it was poor, it was a good yard inside the post.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby bigblue » Mon May 16, 2016 2:29 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Zlatan's penalty was poor.

Wasn't a poor penalty by any means. Could have been hit harder, but was going for the corner and along the ground. More like a great save at a key moment. Take a look:

https://streamable.com/e7yp
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 16, 2016 2:32 pm

bigblue wrote:

Wasn't a poor penalty by any means. Could have been hit harder, but was going for the corner and along the ground. More like a great save at a key moment. Take a look:

Nowhere near the corner hence a poor penalty.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby s1ty m » Mon May 16, 2016 2:40 pm

Joe pulls off some incredible saves but there are issues for sure. His failure to dominate his box is a weakness and the catching is laughable at times. I think back to Joe Corrigang and the way he owned crosses. Well, Joe is a big fella too, I can't understand why he can't do it.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby bigblue » Mon May 16, 2016 2:44 pm

bigblue wrote:

You have a very strange definition of "nowhere near".

Wonder how'd you feel if your wife/girlfriend used it the same way by saying, "Don't be angry, he was 'nowhere near' me"
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon May 16, 2016 2:45 pm

s1ty m wrote:Joe pulls off some incredible saves but there are issues for sure. His failure to dominate his box is a weakness and the catching is laughable at times. I think back to Joe Corrigang and the way he owned crosses. Well, Joe is a big fella too, I can't understand why he can't do it.

We were talking about this the other day at the Arse game. A keeper in Corrigan's era was expected to dominate the penalty area, never mind the six yard box. Punching seems the modern way. I hate it. Catch the bloody thing!
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 16, 2016 2:46 pm

bigblue wrote:
bigblue wrote:

You have a very strange definition of "nowhere near".

Wonder how'd you feel if your wife/girlfriend used it the same way by saying, "Don't be angry, he was 'nowhere near' me"

It was a yard inside the post when Joe got his hand on it.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum