Manuel Pellegrini

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Manuel Pellegrini

Postby Mase » Mon May 16, 2016 6:10 am

Slim wrote:Season 1: Look how good Mancini's squad is.
Season 2: All season we heard about our poor title defense, won nothing.
Season 3: LC final says it all. Played well, impotent when it counts.

Thank you for not fucking up Mancini's squad too much in the first season and getting us the league title. Other than that, some of the most dire football I've seen since Pearce and Ball. This season I hated watching us, that hasn't happened since 2006. So thank you Pellegrini for making me hate something I love. Also, fuck you.

Took the words right out of my mouth.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby gillie » Mon May 16, 2016 6:33 am

Mase wrote:
Slim wrote:Season 1: Look how good Mancini's squad is.
Season 2: All season we heard about our poor title defense, won nothing.
Season 3: LC final says it all. Played well, impotent when it counts.

Thank you for not fucking up Mancini's squad too much in the first season and getting us the league title. Other than that, some of the most dire football I've seen since Pearce and Ball. This season I hated watching us, that hasn't happened since 2006. So thank you Pellegrini for making me hate something I love. Also, fuck you.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

In his interview after the match he said " We had a good season" that for me says we were right to get Pep can anyone truly say they would hear that from Pep? no way would he say that if it was one of his teams he would be fuckin livid as I am after having to endure some of the utterly pathetic displays we have churned out. Thank fuck we start next season with a proper winner in charge.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby PeterParker » Mon May 16, 2016 8:31 am

It his really hard to hate the fella.

Not the best manager out there, but at times, briliant and also, clueless. Took us forward in Europe and in England, I would not say back, but I think we kept our status quo.

I am happy he is going, but I will look back with good heart at him. Hope he gets a good job in the league. Take a bow, Sir, you deserve one.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby john@staustell » Mon May 16, 2016 8:46 am

I always tend to hark back to his achievements at Villareal and Malaga, which were quite staggering.

Could actually be that we'd have been where Chelsea are with somebody else!

Then people would have something to moan about.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon May 16, 2016 8:53 am

Of course it was a good season. There are only three cups up for grabs and we got our hands on one of them. We qualified for Chumps League again, an achievement Winger is lauded for, and we got as far as any English club has in a long while in Europe.
I'm shocked at the whinginess creeping in.
The Count sorted out the shambles he inherited from Mancini and got us playing the finest football I've ever seen at City. I think he is my favourite manager in my time watching City. ( Although I'll always have a soft spot for Malcolm, despite the fuck up second time around)
Last edited by Piccsnumberoneblue on Mon May 16, 2016 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

Postby Hazy2 » Mon May 16, 2016 12:24 pm

A cup and CL can think of a few rags who would bite our hands off. He has been found out, but so have the squad tbh, he has had the backing of our owners this season with the club not pressing the panic button, not sure I would have kept him, with it hitting the fan which has paid off. He has also pipped the scum so freedom of Manchester and a couple of sheep to march up and down Market St, whenever he wants.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon May 16, 2016 12:31 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Of course it was a good season. There are only three cups up for grabs and we got our hands on one of them. We qualified for Chumps League again,

A borderline productive season is what it was.....no way on planet earth was it a good premiership season...it was a shite premiership season.

By the way....we have NOT QUALIFIED for the CL..YET !

I wish some fans would get that into their heads as it is by no means a fuckign given we are in it - I expect us to qualify but its not a fucking racing certainty.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby sheblue » Mon May 16, 2016 1:37 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Of course it was a good season. There are only three cups up for grabs and we got our hands on one of them. We qualified for Chumps League again, an achievement Winger is lauded for, and we got as far as any English club has in a long while in Europe.
The Count sorted out the shambles he inherited from Mancini and got us playing the finest football I've ever seen at City. I think he is my favourite manager in my time watching City. ( Although I'll always have a soft spot for Marholm, despite the fuck up second time around)

With all due respect, did that premeir league campaign not happen or something?

I honestly feel that the terrible and embrassing league campaign completely overshadowed the league cup and CL progress.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 16, 2016 1:42 pm

sheblue wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Of course it was a good season. There are only three cups up for grabs and we got our hands on one of them. We qualified for Chumps League again, an achievement Winger is lauded for, and we got as far as any English club has in a long while in Europe.
The Count sorted out the shambles he inherited from Mancini and got us playing the finest football I've ever seen at City. I think he is my favourite manager in my time watching City. ( Although I'll always have a soft spot for Marholm, despite the fuck up second time around)

With all due respect, did that premeir league campaign not happen or something?

I honestly feel that the terrible and embrassing league campaign completely overshadowed the league cup and CL progress.

With all due respect that is your problem.

The season as a whole should be analysed if we're being fair, that means performance in all competitions and not just picking and choosing what suits.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Dameerto » Mon May 16, 2016 3:27 pm

The Count sorted out the shambles he inherited from Mancini and got us playing the finest football I've ever seen at City. I think he is my favourite manager in my time watching City. ( Although I'll always have a soft spot for Malcolm, despite the fuck up second time around)

You're right, I should applaud half-assed performances and ill judged decisions, silly me.
I don't fall into your 'end justifies the means' camp and I never have so you just carry on being shocked and handing out the lectures, professor.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon May 16, 2016 4:07 pm

Dameerto wrote:

You're right, I should applaud half-assed performances and ill judged decisions, silly me.
I don't fall into your 'end justifies the means' camp and I never have so you just carry on being shocked and handing out the lectures, professor.

You don't need to be a professor to see how our fans attitudes are changing.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

Postby Original Dub » Mon May 16, 2016 6:15 pm

That's for sure Piccs.

We underperformed in one competition this season.

Reaching the semi finals was an excellent achievement in our development.
Fa cup taken from us.
Won the other competition.

Disappointing prem season. Even more so for Chelsea, rags and dippers.

It was one crazy premier league and we may never see the likes of it again.

Shit happens. If this is a terrible season - one so bad that it means disrespecting the guy who had us playing the most magnificent football seen at city in a generation and winning three trophies - then I'm perfectly with that.
Original Dub

Postby nottsblue » Mon May 16, 2016 6:27 pm

Be interesting to see whether Pep wins two PL titles in his three years. Or more than two other trophies. Or if we are the top scoring side each season. Or gets us to a CL final. Because any less than this and he won't have bettered what Pellegrini achieved
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby gillie » Mon May 16, 2016 6:32 pm

Original Dub wrote:That's for sure Piccs.

Fa cup taken from us.

Shit happens. If this is a terrible season - one so bad that it means disrespecting the guy who had us playing the most magnificent football seen at city in a generation and winning three trophies - then I'm perfectly with that.

Ok Ronan please explain the difference in performance for PL as opposed to CL/CoC because I'm fucked if I can, as don't forget the same players were involved in all 3 competitions.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Hazy2 » Mon May 16, 2016 6:53 pm

gillie wrote:
Original Dub wrote:That's for sure Piccs.

Fa cup taken from us.

Ok Ronan please explain the difference in performance for PL as opposed to CL/CoC because I'm fucked if I can, as don't forget the same players were involved in all 3 competitions.[/quote

, I think however we get the job done is all that matters. We have CL Q, take it and get the fuck outta there
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dameerto » Mon May 16, 2016 7:06 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

You don't need to be a professor to see how our fans attitudes are changing.

Different to yours, you mean.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby City64 » Mon May 16, 2016 7:08 pm

Really cant believe some still think this season has been a "good " one ????
The Premier League is our bread and butter , the best league in the world ! We have been absolutely dire a fucking disgrace !!! Pellegrini is at best a good manager who inherited a fantastic squad . He hasn't a fucking clue how to set up a team to defend anything and has signed some right shite for mega big bucks , overall outlay for Mangala , Sterling , Bony and Otamendi ??? something like £130 million ??? Hardly used any youth talent , persisted on playing a half arsed over weight Yaya for a year too long and even made him captain ??? ffs what does that tell us all ??? Reaching the CL semi final is something to be very proud of for sure and Pellegrini really did do a decent job with that this season no one can take that away from him . Classy man with integrity , we could have had a lot worse than him that's for sure ........ hopefully Pep will be a whole lot better !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon May 16, 2016 7:32 pm

He started well but the longer he was with us the worse we became. Ten defeats in the league and the lowest points tally in seven years. He took over a top group of players but the spending has been awful. I wish him well as I'm sure he gave his all and he was a dignified leader of our club. At the end of 2014 I thought we were going to rule the world before long, though I take the point that others have suffered more than us.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mase » Mon May 16, 2016 8:23 pm

Quite a few bellends on social media pretending City forced Pellegrini to announce the decision. I'll leave this here in case anyone needs it...

Pellegrini: 'There has been a lot of speculation about things, but they (the club) are not doing anything behind me. I knew this one month ago. 

'I don't think it is good to have speculation about different things. I prefer to finish (by announcing) today - that is why I have told the press and told the players. I told the club two weeks ago that I would do it.'
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon May 16, 2016 8:46 pm

Mase wrote:Quite a few bellends on social media pretending City forced Pellegrini to announce the decision. I'll leave this here in case anyone needs it...

Pellegrini: 'There has been a lot of speculation about things, but they (the club) are not doing anything behind me. I knew this one month ago. 

'I don't think it is good to have speculation about different things. I prefer to finish (by announcing) today - that is why I have told the press and told the players. I told the club two weeks ago that I would do it.'

he was the one who wanted it announced to move past it, but what it also did was help him mask a truly shit season in the league up until that point, and was a built in excuse for those not truly paying attention for how shit we were prior and using it as a convenient excuse as to why our PL campaign suffered, which is patently untrue. i don't feel for him. He proved himself just a caretaker until Pep...job done. Here we are.

Anyway, a pot in the cabinet...CL qualifiers to slog through...a shit league season...mostly underwhelming football...Vincent fucked...Kun is Kun...Yaya done...KDB emerges...Silva seems a year older and more kicked than ever...Nacho rising...Other Youth products just standing still or moving backwards....CB options seem mostly shit...a small crew of players to move on, some nostalgic and tearjerking most tho don't let the door hit you in the ass....and....Pep!

Roll on summer spending spree, etc.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum