Post season thoughts.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Post season thoughts.

Postby MUS » Sun May 15, 2016 4:57 pm

We've just been unprofessional most of all which is really disrespectful to the fans. Pep has a lot of work to do but he's the right man for it. Bring on next season, new manager new badge new players more trophies
CENTURIONS
MUS
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Sister of fu » Sun May 15, 2016 5:23 pm

Pep lost 9 league games in three years at Bayern. I know the premier is very different but I will happily take that over the next 3 years. There is not chance we will get battered time after time under him like we have this season, not happening. We have been a shambles in the league and anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby patrickblue » Sun May 15, 2016 5:28 pm

ruralblue wrote:I shouldnt be wandering round muttering to myself 'no team could win 19-0'

Brendan thought scouse 1 could at Palace.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby sheblue » Sun May 15, 2016 5:32 pm

Glad it's over now. Looking forward to the future with a good degree of optimism.
The transfer window is going to be VERY interesting.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby aristation » Sun May 15, 2016 5:38 pm

Thank you Manuel I think you did a reasonable job in appalling circumstances I will remember you well.
The team deserves less thanks save for possibly Fernandinho and a few others.
We as fans must also do better being louder and prouder whatever is presented to us, this is our City!

Lets help the new manager and the new or old players with noise and remove all memory of the disappointing season in August onwards with more than 5 straight wins.
It may be my last year as a season ticket holder as it just doesn't seem the same with so few English and local players (but I said that last year)
aristation
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Darius Vassell's Composure

My favourite player is: Shaun Goater

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun May 15, 2016 6:14 pm

Underwhelming is a reasonable take, which is weird considering I'd have taken your arm off not that long ago for a league cup, 4th and semis of CL. In fact for just one of them.

So it seems harsh to complain, but then we've spent a fortune and much of this season was as dull as it was under Pearce. After last season, I didn't hold much hope, but then the first 5 games suggested they had their mojo back, which just made it worse when we became limp again. In the end, we've achieved the main aim, which is CL for next season. So time to move on and look forward to next season
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun May 15, 2016 6:29 pm

The best I can say is that I'm already thinking about next season. Bring it on....
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby nottsblue » Sun May 15, 2016 6:35 pm

As much as I wanted the season to end, now it has, I'm a bit sad. Saturdays just aren't the same. Don't think I can bring myself to watch the dippers in the EL final or rags in FA final. Will probably watch CL final with a tinge of sadness too as we could've been there.

Don't care much for international football regarding England, so the Euros will be hit and miss. Roll on pre season and August can't come soon enough. The anticipation of this summers transfer window coupled with the new manager is palpable
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby ruralblue » Sun May 15, 2016 6:52 pm

nottsblue wrote:As much as I wanted the season to end, now it has, I'm a bit sad. Saturdays just aren't the same.

Take up gardening. A fine hobby with many rewards that helps take the mind off the lack of football.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun May 15, 2016 7:01 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Pep lost 9 league games in three years at Bayern. I know the premier is very different but I will happily take that over the next 3 years. There is not chance we will get battered time after time under him like we have this season, not happening. We have been a shambles in the league and anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.

To be fair, I think Pellegrini found his true level this season.

I recall his last season at Malaga before joining us, when they were bad they were fucking atrocious defensively and would get walloped having thrown in the towel, yet somehow he got them through to the latter stages of the CL. Sound familiar?

Add in some yaya Toure style characters and you get exactly the sort of half arsed shit we had this season. Really not particularly unexpected really, and perhaps to cut the players some slack, I understand that they would admit that he didn't work them or push them as hard as he could have done - I know there's certainly been murmurs of that......player attitude is only part of the puzzle, it's still up to the boss to light the fire in them and get the extra 10% out of them that makes them the world class players we signed.

A season of highs and lows for me......we got the experience of going through 2 knockout rounds in the CL which will be valuable in the years ahead for some of the players. I can take or leave the cup win, as we were shite in the final and won on a lottery, and beyond that the season was bad. We are incredibly lucky that Chelsea imploded, or we would have a big fucking problem now re champions league.

I think today's game really summed up pellegrinis time at the club and the season overall, started off great, ended up as a bit of a damp squib
Last edited by Im_Spartacus on Sun May 15, 2016 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby nottsblue » Sun May 15, 2016 7:08 pm

ruralblue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:As much as I wanted the season to end, now it has, I'm a bit sad. Saturdays just aren't the same.

Take up gardening. A fine hobby with many rewards that helps take the mind off the lack of football.

I do love pottering in the garden Rural. There is something very satisfying about watching your plants grow and blooming. Not literally, but over the course of the summer and indeed over the years. The kids also love it and my seven year old daughter also loves planting new things.

Have got the cricket to look forward to also. Still miss the football though.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby City64 » Sun May 15, 2016 7:31 pm

A season that started so well and promised so much quickly turned into a frustrating vastly underwhelming and underachieving one. Lots of poor performances , lack of effort and passion and just 66 pts from 38 games is a total fucking disgrace to be very blunt ! Quite a major squad overhaul is needed and I fully expect quite a few big name star players to be moved on , Pep will bring a new approach with energy and pace and hopefully it will be like a breath of fresh air compared to the stale lethargic shite we have had to endure the last 8 months or so .
Cant wait for the passion to return on the pitch and in the crowd at the Etihad and fingers crossed for 2 or 3 marque signings early this summer .

CTID
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Sister of fu » Sun May 15, 2016 8:47 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:Pep lost 9 league games in three years at Bayern. I know the premier is very different but I will happily take that over the next 3 years. There is not chance we will get battered time after time under him like we have this season, not happening. We have been a shambles in the league and anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.

To be fair, I think Pellegrini found his true level this season.

I recall his last season at Malaga before joining us, when they were bad they were fucking atrocious defensively and would get walloped having thrown in the towel, yet somehow he got them through to the latter stages of the CL. Sound familiar?

Add in some yaya Toure style characters and you get exactly the sort of half arsed shit we had this season. Really not particularly unexpected really, and perhaps to cut the players some slack, I understand that they would admit that he didn't work them or push them as hard as he could have done - I know there's certainly been murmurs of that......player attitude is only part of the puzzle, it's still up to the boss to light the fire in them and get the extra 10% out of them that makes them the world class players we signed.

A season of highs and lows for me......we got the experience of going through 2 knockout rounds in the CL which will be valuable in the years ahead for some of the players. I can take or leave the cup win, as we were shite in the final and won on a lottery, and beyond that the season was bad. We are incredibly lucky that Chelsea imploded, or we would have a big fucking problem now re champions league.

I think today's game really summed up pellegrinis time at the club and the season overall, started off great, ended up as a bit of a damp squib

I have had some shite off rags for saying I am not sad to see him go and them saying I'm ungrateful blah blah blah. But the buck stops with the guy at the top IMO.

I have recently started a new job and have an amazing manager, who has pretty much lit a fire under me, I'm motivated, work long hours and do a shift. I didn't do that for my previous boss as they couldn't motive me. Nice person but just not able to motivate.

I'm hoping Pep has that affect on our players. Sometime it just needs that spark. Sadly Pellers didn't have that. I reckon Pep has it in spades.
Sister of fu

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Dimples » Sun May 15, 2016 8:53 pm

This group were always missing 'something' despite the 5 trophies in 5 years and the great attacking football.

The 'something' I cannot define i.e. spirit, will to win, being ruthless, dedication... I don't know exactly what.
But put it another way - if that squad was a Rags squad under Bacon - the haul would have been much greater than 5 trophies.

To the squad of the last 5 years I say:
thanks for the memories, the unforgettable days and mostly for putting the pride back in the shirt - that will stay with me forever.

But now I want a steel fist in a velvet glove - attacking football delivered in a relentless, merciless and ruthless fashion - that way the trophies will follow.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby dazby » Sun May 15, 2016 9:21 pm

I watched one match in the past six weeks. That was the Southampton match and it was at 2x and 6x the normal speed (slowed down for goals etc)

25 minutes of my life I won't get back.

I hate being apathetic about City. Hopefully Pep can spruce things up a bit.
Last edited by dazby on Sun May 15, 2016 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Dameerto » Sun May 15, 2016 9:27 pm

Looking at it as dispassionately as possible he has been rather one dimensional during his three seasons - blew teams away in his first but was then reluctant to change as teams started adapting to his tactics - reluctant to blood youngsters too unless forced to do it - even when Nacho was seizing his chances this season.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun May 15, 2016 11:11 pm

Dimples wrote:This group were always missing 'something' despite the 5 trophies in 5 years and the great attacking football.

The 'something' I cannot define i.e. spirit, will to win, being ruthless, dedication... I don't know exactly what.
But put it another way - if that squad was a Rags squad under Bacon - the haul would have been much greater than 5 trophies.

To the squad of the last 5 years I say:
thanks for the memories, the unforgettable days and mostly for putting the pride back in the shirt - that will stay with me forever.

But now I want a steel fist in a velvet glove - attacking football delivered in a relentless, merciless and ruthless fashion - that way the trophies will follow.

One thing that sums the attitude up - we haven't retained a single trophy in that time. Cruise mode everytime they win something
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Swales4ever » Sun May 15, 2016 11:57 pm

well, let me put it this way: what I learnt to love of this board are mainly two features: it helped and keeps helping the enanchment of my City culture and never fails to bring me at least a very proper laugh, comes it rains or shines.
today's awards is a no brainer, when reading Carl's dedication to the Blue Army questioned: a quite remarkable acheivement, even for the self proclamed #1 Blue's standards and his legendary track record of focused reality checking.
[btw, I dont even dare guessing the ways those peasants have been converted to the Just Faith... ;-)]

now, on topics, Carl:
far from denying the very positive contribution to every user's mood and good humour, brought by the heavy sticks You tend to blow, all season long, to the incumbent gaffer, I fail get the reason why of that, insofar the current triennial interregnum of increasing overwhelming frustrations is concerned: I mean you say the manager is man in charge, hence hes the one to be held accountable: formally wise, right and fair enough.
But you know I know you're far too smart not to know that MP has not been hired as a football manager - what spastic could have deemed his european track record as an improvement to either Mancini, even Hughes or Eriksson? - MP was hired as gentle entrateiner to keep players happy and well relaxed, upon the plan of throwing overboard the whole previous project, while his direct employers runs their own, seldom quite private, business. On the plain evidence, he's has undertaken a great job, granted the team was as relaxed as to not even be arsed to scrap a win when securing a CL qualification was at stake versus a midtable side with little to play for, in a game turned up downhill after an early advantage.

So... You can teach me than the basic character of a proper Blue is the ability to take whatsoever shite with a good sense of humour and move on.... and as wisely noted above:
a) Thank God Pep is coming, and fuck sake if its 3 yrs later the previous manager was sacked. and some great players last profitable part of carreer almost wasted
b) Its gonna be quite an hell of a transfer season, if our higly qualified, esquisite Chairman has finally made his homework (including an extensive audit of the last 3 season expenditures)

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Hazy2 » Mon May 16, 2016 4:01 am

Another cup, finished above the scum again, could have gone tits up did'nt, all in all 7/10. The lessons learned could be invaluable. Looking back no good to anyone, the future is fantastic.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby john@staustell » Mon May 16, 2016 7:03 am

After all I've been through since 1967 I'm certainly not going to criticise a cup and CL qualification.

Clearly the club realised we hadn't got to the manager we wanted to get to and addressed it, hiring one Pep Guardiola for next year. So I can't see what all this hysteria about this season gains to be honest.

CL qualifying round here we come...................................
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum