Match abandoned at the swamp

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Match abandoned at the swamp

Postby zuricity » Mon May 16, 2016 6:58 am

john@staustell wrote:
gillie wrote:Call me paranoid but this whole fuckin incident smells to high heaven. They don't play and so by not doing so know our result and therefore they can now rest players for Saturdays FA Cup final so in effect their players will have had 10 days rest as opposed to Palace whose players will only get 6 days rest go figure.

High stakes though mate. I think most people would rather have CL these days.

The most serious aspect of this, which as far as I can see hasn't been picked up by the media, is that any licensed venue has to be checked before the public are allowed access. From the smallest nightclub to the biggest halls and stadia.

So the stewards did a good job here then? No good trying to blame in on an 'outside firm' as if they wandered in off the street, without any club knowledge

Bye bye to the safety/security manager

How can any Security check be 'Passed', if any one 'package' is not returned to the controllers for verification that all ( however many ) packages were found by the dogs and security agents ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby john@staustell » Mon May 16, 2016 7:00 am

zuricity wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
gillie wrote:Call me paranoid but this whole fuckin incident smells to high heaven. They don't play and so by not doing so know our result and therefore they can now rest players for Saturdays FA Cup final so in effect their players will have had 10 days rest as opposed to Palace whose players will only get 6 days rest go figure.

High stakes though mate. I think most people would rather have CL these days.

The most serious aspect of this, which as far as I can see hasn't been picked up by the media, is that any licensed venue has to be checked before the public are allowed access. From the smallest nightclub to the biggest halls and stadia.

So the stewards did a good job here then? No good trying to blame in on an 'outside firm' as if they wandered in off the street, without any club knowledge

Bye bye to the safety/security manager

How can any Security check be 'Passed', if any one 'package' is not returned to the controllers for verification that all ( however many ) packages were found by the dogs and security agents ?

But all that is irrelevant if they check the venue properly on the day of the game. Looks like a member of the public found it at twenty to three.

Whilst planting a bomb is difficult and unlikely, for all they know there might have been a bloody great hole inside the toilet door that anyone could fall through!!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby budfox » Mon May 16, 2016 8:22 am

I think we've been fed a pack of lies and here's why.

If there is a security firm that has the kind of clearance you'd need to place fake bombs at Old Trafford, there is no way whatsoever that they wouldn't have been at the match and immediately brought to the scene where the "bomb" was found.

Surely at that point they'd be able to confirm that it's one of their devices. After all, they placed it in that exact location.

To then blow it up as a precaution doesn't ring true. The bomb squad don't go around blowing things up without seriously good reason and if a fake bomb needs to be detonated to make it safe, it isn't a fake bomb, it's an actual bomb.

I can't help wondering if they did actually find a real bomb. Probably not, but I don't believe the story being told, which rather exonerates the club and placates the fans.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby PeterParker » Mon May 16, 2016 8:24 am

The only bomb in the stadium was this guy

PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 16, 2016 8:26 am

budfox wrote:I think we've been fed a pack of lies and here's why.

If there is a security firm that has the kind of clearance you'd need to place fake bombs at Old Trafford, there is no way whatsoever that they wouldn't have been at the match and immediately brought to the scene where the "bomb" was found.

Surely at that point they'd be able to confirm that it's one of their devices. After all, they placed it in that exact location.

To then blow it up as a precaution doesn't ring true. The bomb squad don't go around blowing things up without seriously good reason and if a fake bomb needs to be detonated to make it safe, it isn't a fake bomb, it's an actual bomb.

I can't help wondering if they did actually find a real bomb. Probably not, but I don't believe the story being told, which rather exonerates the club and placates the fans.

It doesn't exonerate them at all, it shows a gross lack of incompetence and makes them a laughing stock.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby john@staustell » Mon May 16, 2016 8:31 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
budfox wrote:I think we've been fed a pack of lies and here's why.

It doesn't exonerate them at all, it shows a gross lack of competance and makes them a laughing stock.

Absolutely (changed to 'competance'). Trying to blame their lack of proper checking on a 'private firm', as if it's nothing to do with them (guv) just makes it worse. Budfox - at 20 to 3 on a Sunday the most likely thing is that firm was shut and not contactable anyway.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon May 16, 2016 9:12 am

It doesn't ring true on many levels
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Wonderwall » Mon May 16, 2016 11:26 am

A firm holding an official dry run test would have to document each device and it's location. they would also have to complete a report on number of devices found by the dogs and a full inventory on the devices being returned. That's a minimum audit requirement without any sort of stadium clearance review by the clubs stewards, before the public are allowed to enter.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Dimples » Mon May 16, 2016 12:42 pm

Wonderwall wrote:A firm holding an official dry run test would have to document each device and it's location. they would also have to complete a report on number of devices found by the dogs and a full inventory on the devices being returned. That's a minimum audit requirement without any sort of stadium clearance review by the clubs stewards, before the public are allowed to enter.

Exactly - BEFORE.
So for some reason the truth is being covered up?
Many possible reasons, Avoid public panic, the Rags themselves,
viable device, etc...
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon May 16, 2016 12:51 pm

This stinks and I dont think we have heard the last of this.

Stinking club.

Also , evacuating any place with so many people, will more often than not, attract some damage,injury etc..........The club will probably recieve some law suits soon enough.

GOOD.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Wonderwall » Mon May 16, 2016 1:18 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:This stinks and I dont think we have heard the last of this.

Stinking club.

Also , evacuating any place with so many people, will more often than not, attract some damage,injury etc..........The club will probably recieve some law suits soon enough.

GOOD.

Initial costs by the club, they are saying the evacuation will cost the club £3m. Good!!!
Wonderwall

Postby mr_nool » Mon May 16, 2016 1:24 pm

Wonderwall wrote:A firm holding an official dry run test would have to document each device and it's location. they would also have to complete a report on number of devices found by the dogs and a full inventory on the devices being returned. That's a minimum audit requirement without any sort of stadium clearance review by the clubs stewards, before the public are allowed to enter.

Is that what happened, though? The way I've heard it worded, it sounded more like that a firm that specialices in training sniffing dogs had got permission to use Old Trafford for training purposes. I.e. it wasn't an official dry run, just an ordinary school day for the doggies.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Mon May 16, 2016 1:29 pm

mr_nool wrote:

Is that what happened, though? The way I've heard it worded, it sounded more like that a firm that specialices in training sniffing dogs had got permission to use Old Trafford for training purposes. I.e. it wasn't an official dry run, just an ordinary school day for the doggies.

Doesn't matter. The same scenario applies to inventory and reporting for training.
Wonderwall

Postby MonchengladbachBlau » Mon May 16, 2016 3:18 pm

Whatever City do the media manage to paint it black.

United were guilty of a terrible security cock and the press not only do not call it that, they praise the bloody incompetent clowns for what could have been the biggest football disaster ever.

There were probably 60000 plus people in the ground at the time they discovered the device and you get the bloody BBC interviewing fans on their top morning show at the same time as they usually interview world statesmen and of course the fans say how bloody good the rags staff were. Threy certainly did not look as if they had a clue what was going on from the clips I saw.

WTF is going on with the British Media? There are no excuses of the potentially disastrous situation - Where are the reporters to say this?
MonchengladbachBlau
Negouai's Red Cards

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 16, 2016 3:22 pm

MonchengladbachBlau wrote:Whatever City do the media manage to paint it black.

United were guilty of a terrible security cock and the press not only do not call it that, they praise the bloody incompetent clowns for what could have been the biggest football disaster ever.

There were probably 60000 plus people in the ground at the time they discovered the device and you get the bloody BBC interviewing fans on their top morning show at the same time as they usually interview world statesmen and of course the fans say how bloody good the rags staff were. Threy certainly did not look as if they had a clue what was going on from the clips I saw.

WTF is going on with the British Media? There are no excuses of the potentially disastrous situation - Where are the reporters to say this?

The rag propaganda machine of which the Beeb is now a fully fledged member would put Goebbels to shame.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby MonchengladbachBlau » Mon May 16, 2016 4:40 pm

The latest lie is that it will cost United £3 million to play on Tuesday.

They will be admitting all those with tickets and will only lose out on any returned tickets.

They will have to pay staff and police but the bars, buffet and restaurants tills will be clicking merrily away as more mugs will be enticed again into the Tat Shop to part with their Euros etc. No doubt TV monies will be paid by Sky.

I reckon that far from losing that United might make a profit on this one but no way will they lose three million.
MonchengladbachBlau
Negouai's Red Cards

Postby nottsblue » Mon May 16, 2016 6:49 pm

An utter clusterfuck of epic proportions

I am not having it that the rags didn't know what the device was or where it was located. Otherwise they would surely have evacuated the whole stadium, not just half of it. If there is an unexplained device that may be a bomb then surely the assumption is there may be other devices, if only as a diversionary device to go off where people are going to. No way the decision was made to keep folks in their seats for another 15/20 minutes as imagine the fall out if a further device had then been found in a stand not evacuated.

It then transpires a test had been done recently, why on earth these things are done the week of a game is anyone's guess; and lo and behold some company has accidentally left the device behind. Really? Honestly? Security at a stadium with 76000 people is such that no fucker can add up the number of fake bombs hidden and then handed in.

It also just happens to be on the last game of the season, a week before the FA cup final. Thus by not playing, the rags know the results from the other matches played affecting their final league placing and as such can then base their selection for the re-arranged fixture on the likely line ups for the cup final. It's not as if they haven't previous form for disrupting the fixtures. Spuds the other month and West Ham not even a week before. Three times is not a coincidence in my book.

All the idiots under the sun now know how easy it is to get a game postponed. Just rock up with a phone and a few wires and the club will have no option but to investigate.
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby ruralblue » Tue May 17, 2016 5:03 pm

Am just wondering what's the chance they could win 19 -0 tonight?

Typical City would be the score 19 and in the dying seconds Bournemouth grab a late consolation goal.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby gillie » Tue May 17, 2016 5:17 pm

ruralblue wrote:Am just wondering what's the chance they could win 19 -0 tonight?

Typical City would be the score 19 and in the dying seconds Bournemouth grab a late consolation goal.

Jim stop stressing lad no way on earth they are scoring 19 in one match jeez they have only scored 24 in all their other league home games.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Hazy2 » Tue May 17, 2016 5:19 pm

If it was a real device the cunts would never admit it, as it would be 30,000 fans light for every home game......
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum