Match abandoned at the swamp

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Match abandoned at the swamp

Postby Dameerto » Sun May 15, 2016 9:07 pm

It was apparently a training device left in place by their own security guys after 'an exercise' - all very convenient.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby zuricity » Sun May 15, 2016 9:08 pm

'A training device accidently left by a security firm '
says the Beeb.
who should be charged for the cost of the entire exercise!
Last edited by zuricity on Mon May 16, 2016 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun May 15, 2016 9:08 pm

Just announced that they planted it themselves. Seriously - it was a training device from a previous exercise that had been left behind by mistake! LVG obviously runs their security.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Wonderwall » Sun May 15, 2016 9:08 pm

Dameerto wrote:It was apparently a training device left in place by their own security guys after 'an exercise' - all very convenient.

Makes them look fucking stupid now.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby nottsblue » Sun May 15, 2016 9:18 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Unprecedented as far as I can remember. Is this real, in which case the right decision has been made or is it sportsmanship of the highest order.

Given their late turn ups at spuds and hammers I smell a rat.

You and me both. Turns out it wasn't a bomb. My money is on Booby Charlton's comb-over but whatever the case there needs to be an all-embracing investigation into the rags' despicable behaviour of late. Cheating cunts.

A training device. You really could not have made that up. Underhand doesn't even come close.

Despite the fact it was a hoax and not a real bomb, the threat was there and it will have given terrorists food for thought. Football sadly will have changed today for match goers
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby phips » Sun May 15, 2016 9:26 pm

doesnt matter if it was today or tomorrow or tuesday or friday. or behind closed doors. they're not winning 19-0. end of.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby ENIAM NAM » Sun May 15, 2016 9:34 pm

They will have named the squad before the evacuation. They should be made to start with the same line up so they can't rest players for the final.
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby budfox » Sun May 15, 2016 9:38 pm

Why does a training device have to resemble a bomb? Surely the procedures could be practiced using a coconut or a saucepan.

If indeed they have to train with a realistic looking device then there should be iron clad procedures to make sure the things never, ever get left behind.

For heaven's sake, just attaching the bomb squad's van keys to it would do the trick.

Presumably the rags will refund all tickets and give free entry on Tuesdat to watch is now (thankfully) a match with nothing at stake.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby PeterParker » Sun May 15, 2016 9:42 pm

Weird all around

At this point, looks like there is their own fault. Thank God there was nothing actually real and only their own stupidity, but it is the third time this season they caused problems with a game.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Dameerto » Sun May 15, 2016 9:42 pm

budfox wrote:Why does a training device have to resemble a bomb? Surely the procedures could be practiced using a coconut or a saucepan.

If indeed they have to train with a realistic looking device then there should be iron clad procedures to make sure the things never, ever get left behind.

For heaven's sake, just attaching the bomb squad's van keys to it would do the trick.

Presumably the rags will refund all tickets and give free entry on Tuesdat to watch is now (thankfully) a match with nothing at stake.

apparently it was an exercise for sniffer dogs, so it would need to be as realistic in terms of materials as possible.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby budfox » Sun May 15, 2016 9:50 pm

But something that smells like a bomb to train dogs with could surely have "training device" written all over it.

I just cannot conceive of any circumstances under which it would be necessary to make a training device look and smell like a bomb and then deploy it at somewhere that might actually be a target.

This seems beyond absurd to me.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Kev

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun May 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Dameerto wrote:
budfox wrote:Why does a training device have to resemble a bomb? Surely the procedures could be practiced using a coconut or a saucepan.

apparently it was an exercise for sniffer dogs, so it would need to be as realistic in terms of materials as possible.

***sniffer dogs***
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Plain Speaking » Sun May 15, 2016 10:40 pm

Ridiculous that 3 matches have been delayed by United recently by inadequate pre-match preparation. They have an advantage with their team selection knowing the other results and resting players for the cup final. A cynic would be suspicious. They should receive a huge fine as a minimum.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun May 15, 2016 10:46 pm

4 things we've learnt from the swamp today

1) The rags have an official fake-bomb partner.

2) That strange thing spotted in the bogs at the swamp for the last 4 days was not Paddy Crerrand.

3) Sralic Ferguson reckons that the fake bomb could have killed Robin Van Persie.

4) They are now an official laughing stock/the most underhand club in world football.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Socrates » Mon May 16, 2016 12:21 am

not buying into conspiracy theories on this as they have made themselves look completely stupid. Who is the laughing stock now?
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Socrates » Mon May 16, 2016 12:21 am

Last edited by Socrates on Mon May 16, 2016 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby john@staustell » Mon May 16, 2016 4:43 am

Socrates wrote:not buying into conspiracy theories on this as they have made themselves look completely stupid. Who is the laughing stock now?

The silly cunts have well and truly taken our cup for cock ups trophy. And into Europa on the same day.

Ho ho ho indeed
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby gillie » Mon May 16, 2016 6:26 am

Call me paranoid but this whole fuckin incident smells to high heaven. They don't play and so by not doing so know our result and therefore they can now rest players for Saturdays FA Cup final so in effect their players will have had 10 days rest as opposed to Palace whose players will only get 6 days rest go figure.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby john@staustell » Mon May 16, 2016 6:51 am

gillie wrote:Call me paranoid but this whole fuckin incident smells to high heaven. They don't play and so by not doing so know our result and therefore they can now rest players for Saturdays FA Cup final so in effect their players will have had 10 days rest as opposed to Palace whose players will only get 6 days rest go figure.

High stakes though mate. I think most people would rather have CL these days.

The most serious aspect of this, which as far as I can see hasn't been picked up by the media, is that any licensed venue has to be checked before the public are allowed access. From the smallest nightclub to the biggest halls and stadia.

So the stewards did a good job here then? No good trying to blame in on an 'outside firm' as if they wandered in off the street, without any club knowledge

Bye bye to the safety/security manager
Last edited by john@staustell on Mon May 16, 2016 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon May 16, 2016 6:52 am

gillie wrote:Call me paranoid but this whole fuckin incident smells to high heaven. They don't play and so by not doing so know our result and therefore they can now rest players for Saturdays FA Cup final so in effect their players will have had 10 days rest as opposed to Palace whose players will only get 6 days rest go figure.

This just smacks of the incompetence that is Stretford these days. Were Darth Bacon still around, the dirty tricks conspiracy would carry a bit more water. With Woodward and LVG, I'd be surprised if they didn't boobytrap Martial's car by mistake.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum