Golden Glove/Boot

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Golden Glove/Boot

Postby Mase » Sun May 15, 2016 1:24 pm

Aguero is on 24, along with Vardy. Kane on 25.

Hopefully a couple from Serg today will have him win the Golden Boot.

Schmeichel, Joe Hart, Cech, De Gea all on 15 clean sheets for the season.

Basically any of them that keep a clean sheet today win it.

Come on Serg and Joe!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Golden Glove/Boot

Postby PeterParker » Sun May 15, 2016 1:25 pm

So both are going to be on turbo mode.

How is the assist table? I reckon Tin Tin should be near the top.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby phips » Sun May 15, 2016 2:48 pm

well Joe is done...cant see all of the other 3 conceding
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby nottsblue » Sun May 15, 2016 4:59 pm

Runners up in both. Both should probably have won it
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby carolina-blue » Sun May 15, 2016 5:05 pm

Serg had a bagful of chances today . Coulda / shoulda won it in a canter . Unlucky on Joe wicked deflection for their goal .
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Nick » Sun May 15, 2016 6:16 pm

not sure either wanted it, especially aguero. what is up with him? Nacho coming through should spur him on ffs
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun May 15, 2016 7:24 pm

Nick wrote:not sure either wanted it, especially aguero. what is up with him? Nacho coming through should spur him on ffs

The more I see of them two on the pitch together, the more I think something isn't right. I hope it's not an attitude issue with nacho.

Nacho seems to look for passes to Sergio (though he can be wasteful in possession) but the opposite definitely isn't true, Sergio doesn't even seem to consider passing to nacho
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Nick » Sun May 15, 2016 8:20 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Nick wrote:not sure either wanted it, especially aguero. what is up with him? Nacho coming through should spur him on ffs

The more I see of them two on the pitch together, the more I think something isn't right. I hope it's not an attitude issue with nacho.

Nacho seems to look for passes to Sergio (though he can be wasteful in possession) but the opposite definitely isn't true, Sergio doesn't even seem to consider passing to nacho

Definately, but why?

The only striker aguero has actually passed to, is Tevez.

No to: Balotelli, Dzeko, Bony, Jove, Nacho...
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby PeterParker » Mon May 16, 2016 8:36 am

Nick wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

Definately, but why?

Look at Carlos, would you not pass to him?

Joke aside, Tevez was argie and they knew how to find each other.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 16, 2016 9:00 am

PeterParker wrote:
Nick wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

Definately, but why?

Look at Carlos, would you not pass to him?

Joke aside, Tevez was argie and they knew how to find each other.

From what I can recall they played well as a partnership just the once for City, that game against Norwich which set us on our way to overhauling the rags. Their other performances together they lacked chemistry.

The best partnership Aguero has struck up was with Negredo for a few months.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon May 16, 2016 10:49 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:

Nacho was starting to second guess himself and fuck up yesterday. Kun was not a happy bunny that he wasn't deferred to several times and he was right in at least one of those cases.

I'd have hauled Kun off at HT and let Nacho find some room to breathe. The two of them look unlikely to find a partnership if yesterday is any indication. Absolutely piss poor in delivering on any of 10 chances together. Ball don't lie.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 16, 2016 10:52 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

Nacho was starting to second guess himself and fuck up yesterday. Kun was not a happy bunny that he wasn't deferred to several times and he was right in at least one of those cases.

I'd have hauled Kun off at HT and let Nacho find some room to breathe. The two of them look unlikely to find a partnership if yesterday is any indication. Absolutely piss poor in delivering on any of 10 chances together. Ball don't lie.

Cheers

It'll be interesting to see what Pep does with them. Can anyone else see Aguero taking up one of the wide positions with Kelechi in a sort of false 9?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Nick » Mon May 16, 2016 11:15 am

Agree with that, kun was costing nacho his mojo

they worked well together in their first few games I thought?
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Hazy2 » Tue May 17, 2016 8:02 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

Cheers

It'll be interesting to see what Pep does with them. Can anyone else see Aguero taking up one of the wide positions with Kelechi in a sort of false 9?

Can see Kun leaving for Real Madrid.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue May 17, 2016 8:11 am

"We were able to close the year accomplishing our last objective. This is a major team and we have plenty dreams to achieve."

"Big thanks to all City supporters for their support through the season. We hope to do better next time and obtain new achievements."

Doesn't sound like a man that has any designs on leaving Hazy and I don't believe the club have any intention of selling either.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Tue May 17, 2016 8:13 am

Serg has come out probably 15 times recently to say he'll be staying until the end of his contract. I don't know how many more times the guy has to say it.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue May 17, 2016 12:39 pm

sergio's conversion rate has been diabolical this season. he's also developed a knack for running into blind alleys. if we keep him and he doesnt turn this around under pep, i wonder if we'll be kicking ourselves for not selling when we had the chance, see e.g. yaya.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Original Dub » Tue May 17, 2016 12:42 pm

I thought he had the best conversion rate in the whole league??
Original Dub

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue May 17, 2016 12:46 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:sergio's conversion rate has been diabolical this season. he's also developed a knack for running into blind alleys. if we keep him and he doesnt turn this around under pep, i wonder if we'll be kicking ourselves for not selling when we had the chance, see e.g. yaya.

Conversion rate

That pic was before our game against Norwich in March, don't know what his conversion rate is since then but he did score 8 in his next 9 in the league.
Last edited by Foreverinbluedreams on Tue May 17, 2016 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue May 17, 2016 12:48 pm

Top striker and considering he has been injured for numerous games this season he has done remarkedly well.........maybe fuckign pellegrini should have paired him up with Nacho much earlier than he did , then we would be seeing the prems top scorer again !!

Hes one the top top strikers in world football and he has already said that wants to stay with CITY until we win the CL.

That should be the end of the "will he wont he" speculations
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum