*** swans vs Man City match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** swans vs Man City match thread***

Postby Spurge » Sun May 15, 2016 7:11 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Spurge wrote:I note you don't dispute the fact (and we know you like a good fact) that Aguero and Iheanacho have had chances to bury them oops there goes another for Iheanacho....i suppose that was pellegrini's fault as well.

How many times does it need pointing out to you ? are you fuckign blind ?are you actually watching the match ?

The football is fuckign shit.............we are all over the place.......no coordination...............de ja vu..........shit !!

How many times does it need pointing out to you? My post was specific to the very good chances missed by our centre forwards that meant the game should have been put to bed and I asked how these misses were Pellergrinis fault?

To be clear my post had nothing to do with our formation, tactics, defensive nouse, pass completion or anything to do with our general play - it was solely to do with the clear cut chances our centre forwards had failed to take. With this in mind your reply was out of context and as such irrelevant. By all means answer the specific question if you want, though I'll understand should you choose not to.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby BookJunior » Sun May 15, 2016 7:44 pm

Well we've done it as usual keeping all of us on tenterhooks. Mixed feelings about agent van Gaal for blowing huge sums of cash on poor players and yet something about him makes me want to punch his face.

An interesting summer now beckons with players coming and going.

Toure is an embarrassment and needs to be booted out asap. Extra strength needed in all departments, but in my opinion, we need good players who are also leadership figures.
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun May 15, 2016 8:44 pm

Spurge wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Spurge wrote:I note you don't dispute the fact (and we know you like a good fact) that Aguero and Iheanacho have had chances to bury them oops there goes another for Iheanacho....i suppose that was pellegrini's fault as well.

How many times does it need pointing out to you ? are you fuckign blind ?are you actually watching the match ?

The football is fuckign shit.............we are all over the place.......no coordination...............de ja vu..........shit !!

How many times does it need pointing out to you? My post was specific to the very good chances missed by our centre forwards that meant the game should have been put to bed and I asked how these misses were Pellergrinis fault?

To be clear my post had nothing to do with our formation, tactics, defensive nouse, pass completion or anything to do with our general play - it was solely to do with the clear cut chances our centre forwards had failed to take. With this in mind your reply was out of context and as such irrelevant. By all means answer the specific question if you want, though I'll understand should you choose not to.

To answer your question , no , it was not pellegrinis fault the 2 forwards missed chance after chance - yes , it was pellegrinis fault we were shit as far as formation, tactics, defensive nouse, pass completion are concerned as those asepcts of the game is what makes a top football team a top fuckign football team !

You have a dig every time Pellegrini has been slagged off......and then the reasons are then pointed out as to why that is and you look for an angle to get him off the hook.

Its finished now anyway ,I doubt we will see the shite that we have seen this year for years to come , if ever.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Spurge » Sun May 15, 2016 9:46 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Spurge wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

To answer your question , no , it was not pellegrinis fault the 2 forwards missed chance after chance - yes , it was pellegrinis fault we were shit as far as formation, tactics, defensive nouse, pass completion are concerned as those asepcts of the game is what makes a top football team a top fuckign football team !

You have a dig every time Pellegrini has been slagged off......and then the reasons are then pointed out as to why that is and you look for an angle to get him off the hook.

Its finished now anyway ,I doubt we will see the shite that we have seen this year for years to come , if ever.

Yes I know and agree this season hasn't been what we want and things haven't been right and I've said before pellegrini as manager has to be accountable but sometimes its taken too far just like the example here where I make a point about our strikers missing good chances that in all honesty should have put us out of sight in the first third of the game, he can't physically make Sergio and Iheanacho put those chances away.
Iheanacho has been a player we've all wanted to see more of his goal scoring record has suggested we should have seen him get more in the way of first team game time this season - he and Sergio looked at odds today does this justify pellegrini introducing him slowly or should he have played them together more regularly to forge a stronger understanding - who knows. One thing for sure is Iheanacho has publicly thanked pellegrini for showing faith in him and giving him the opportunity at city. I don't argue that our results against the top six have not been good enough this has to lay at the managers door. The transfers that haven't worked as well are blamed on pellegrini - do we know for sure they were his targets? The team was set up this season for 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1 we know pellegrini likes to play 4-4-2 so he must have been told this is the way we want to play which makes me think the signings can't have been his alone.
Some of our senior players have not stepped up this season this is an area the manager has to be accountable for he is there to man manage, motivate and discipline and therefore pellegrini has fallen short. Tactically he has got it wrong in certain moments and key moments in the premier league. But I'm not going to ignore the achievements. The first half of the title winning season was phenomenal. Negredo and navas fitted in perfectly and negredo and Aguero along with Yaya were unstoppable banging in goals. I don't buy into the he won the league with Mancini 's team argument. In mancins second full season teams had worked out how to negate our attacking threat but in pelllrgrinis first season they couldn't deal with us for much of the season hence we scored so many goals, he got the best out of edin that season who excelled when negredo and then Sergio got injured. But he like Mancini before him got sussed out by the opposition and changing to 3-5-1 hasn't worked out for probably a number of reasons but he is as manager accountable.
That said looking back over his 3 years at the helm he has brought us continued success in terms of trophies and achievement in the champions league.
If I'm seen as always jumping to his defence I think it because I think he is overly criticized so look to counter balance the argument. That's why we come on here of course to discuss and debate the club we are all so passionate about.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun May 15, 2016 9:56 pm

Spurge wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Spurge wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Yes I know and agree this season hasn't been what we want and things haven't been right and I've said before pellegrini as manager has to be accountable but sometimes its taken too far just like the example here where I make a point about our strikers missing good chances that in all honesty should have put us out of sight in the first third of the game, he can't physically make Sergio and Iheanacho put those chances away.
Iheanacho has been a player we've all wanted to see more of his goal scoring record has suggested we should have seen him get more in the way of first team game time this season - he and Sergio looked at odds today does this justify pellegrini introducing him slowly or should he have played them together more regularly to forge a stronger understanding - who knows. One thing for sure is Iheanacho has publicly thanked pellegrini for showing faith in him and giving him the opportunity at city. I don't argue that our results against the top six have not been good enough this has to lay at the managers door. The transfers that haven't worked as well are blamed on pellegrini - do we know for sure they were his targets? The team was set up this season for 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1 we know pellegrini likes to play 4-4-2 so he must have been told this is the way we want to play which makes me think the signings can't have been his alone.
Some of our senior players have not stepped up this season this is an area the manager has to be accountable for he is there to man manage, motivate and discipline and therefore pellegrini has fallen short. Tactically he has got it wrong in certain moments and key moments in the premier league. But I'm not going to ignore the achievements. The first half of the title winning season was phenomenal. Negredo and navas fitted in perfectly and negredo and Aguero along with Yaya were unstoppable banging in goals. I don't buy into the he won the league with Mancini 's team argument. In mancins second full season teams had worked out how to negate our attacking threat but in pelllrgrinis first season they couldn't deal with us for much of the season hence we scored so many goals, he got the best out of edin that season who excelled when negredo and then Sergio got injured. But he like Mancini before him got sussed out by the opposition and changing to 3-5-1 hasn't worked out for probably a number of reasons but he is as manager accountable.
That said looking back over his 3 years at the helm he has brought us continued success in terms of trophies and achievement in the champions league.
If I'm seen as always jumping to his defence I think it because I think he is overly criticized so look to counter balance the argument. That's why we come on here of course to discuss and debate the club we are all so passionate about.

Fair enough spurge.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum