Is Iheanacho worth the reported £150k per week

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Is Iheanacho worth the reported £150k per week

Postby Lee_R » Sun May 15, 2016 2:13 pm

Not being funny but I cant afford to pay his wages.

Otherwise.. yes. Dont be fucking stupid and let a gem of a player slip through our fingers. One day chaps.. one day.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby freshie » Sun May 15, 2016 2:29 pm

He's having a stinker today
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby phips » Sun May 15, 2016 2:31 pm

freshie wrote:He's having a stinker today

almost looks like he thinks he's made it already. not passing to Aguero most of the time and taking wildly unreasonable shots.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Ray78 » Sun May 15, 2016 4:20 pm

The kid still has a lot to learn.
Ray78
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Erm.......

Postby MilnersJaw » Sun May 15, 2016 5:23 pm

if he does demand this much and we pay it, we are again being mugged off. he's 19 and just breaking into the team, we are in the position where we can give him a deal that suits us, not him. 50k a week would be more than enough for him.

today showed he isn't fully ready yet .
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun May 15, 2016 7:35 pm

PeterParker wrote:Do you really think the club doesn't know his value?

He is the first golden product from the academy and they will rather cut their balls off, instead of losing him. Ian is the first example of how good our new academy really is. The kid will get the money he deserves, I am sure.

It's not got anything to do with our academy, he's arguably not an academy product. This kid was well known about when we signed him, and spent only year in the reserves after we signed him

We'll be claiming him as homegrown next
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Hazy2 » Mon May 16, 2016 4:21 am

Still 2nd fiddle to Kun. Has a lot going for him, however not passing when it's on, will need to be eradicated from his game, simple rule is kill a game not be a greedy bastard, and ignore the best striker you will ever play with !!!
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon May 16, 2016 5:25 am

I thought he missed a couple of opportunities trying to give it to Sergio when he should have had a dig himself
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon May 16, 2016 6:56 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I thought he missed a couple of opportunities trying to give it to Sergio when he should have had a dig himself

And a couple more by not being willing to take it on with his right when the ball was rolling across him.

The kid is an ecceptional talent and has that precious ability to score without being in the game much. That said, he has a long way to go before joining the elite.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby john@staustell » Mon May 16, 2016 6:57 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I thought he missed a couple of opportunities trying to give it to Sergio when he should have had a dig himself

Yesterday he did. Last week he should've passed to Navas in a position when even he couldn't miss, but he didn't. Could've easily cost us CL that one!

Key thing is he needs to learn when to be greedy and when to pass. Some people never do. Not too sure about Aguero to be honest, but if you score enough it doesn't matter.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby zuricity » Mon May 16, 2016 7:04 am

john@staustell wrote:

Yesterday he did. Last week he should've passed to Navas in a position when even he couldn't miss, but he didn't. Could've easily cost us CL that one!

Key thing is he needs to learn when to be greedy and when to pass. Some people never do. Not too sure about Aguero to be honest, but if you score enough it doesn't matter.

You could say the same about Kün too , too often he tries himself when someone else is better placed.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby s1ty m » Mon May 16, 2016 7:44 am

He is not close to being worth his alleged salary demands. Not close. I think he has some ability and with 14 goals he has done well given the limited opportunities by the outgoing poor manager. Yesterday, I thought Nacho was basically dire. Kun wasn't a lot better, tbf. Nacho needs another season before we can start to judge and paltry wages of £50k a week (YCNMIU) should be about right.
Last edited by s1ty m on Mon May 16, 2016 2:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 16, 2016 8:40 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Do you really think the club doesn't know his value?

He is the first golden product from the academy and they will rather cut their balls off, instead of losing him. Ian is the first example of how good our new academy really is. The kid will get the money he deserves, I am sure.

It's not got anything to do with our academy, he's arguably not an academy product. This kid was well known about when we signed him, and spent only year in the reserves after we signed him

We'll be claiming him as homegrown next

Technically he will be classed as homegrown.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon May 16, 2016 8:47 am

Not next season sadly. Unless the rules have been changed again
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Mon May 16, 2016 11:55 am

Spurs signed Dele Alli on 15k a week and he turned into a very good player for them and they have renegotiated with him and he is now on 35k a wk. Why does everything have to be 6 figures. Spurs seem to be able to keep players on low (in footballing terms) but still fantastic wages.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Socrates » Mon May 16, 2016 12:18 pm

john@staustell wrote:

On the same basis though, couldn't you argue that his goal yesterday got us into the Champions League? How much was that goal worth to the club? At least 35-40 million pounds. More when you consider extra wages we'd have to pay to attract new signings and loss of earnings through loss of prestige. Probably something like 50-60 million? Six year contract at 7.8m a year = 47 million. He already paid for himself!!!
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby john@staustell » Mon May 16, 2016 12:22 pm

Socrates wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

On the same basis though, couldn't you argue that his goal yesterday got us into the Champions League? How much was that goal worth to the club? At least 35-40 million pounds. More when you consider extra wages we'd have to pay to attract new signings and loss of earnings through loss of prestige. Probably something like 50-60 million? Six year contract at 7.8m a year = 47 million. He already paid for himself!!!

On a slightly separate note I think the finishing has been absolutely awful this year. Including by Mr Aguero. If just a few of those chances were taken over the season we'd be coasting into the CL. Yesterday was no exception when we should have been 3 up after 20 minutes.

Memo to Pep - practice finishing.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon May 16, 2016 12:34 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Spurs signed Dele Alli on 15k a week and he turned into a very good player for them and they have renegotiated with him and he is now on 35k a wk. Why does everything have to be 6 figures. Spurs seem to be able to keep players on low (in footballing terms) but still fantastic wages.

The owners jewish isnt he ?

Smartest cunts in finance.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon May 16, 2016 1:54 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Spurs signed Dele Alli on 15k a week and he turned into a very good player for them and they have renegotiated with him and he is now on 35k a wk. Why does everything have to be 6 figures. Spurs seem to be able to keep players on low (in footballing terms) but still fantastic wages.

But they don't. There has been a steady stream of talent away from Spurs for years. Usually for decent money, but gone nevertheless.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby bigblue » Mon May 16, 2016 2:02 pm

Is lethal in font of goal and can combine well. But is inconsistent, and can be pushed around too easy (what you'd expect from any young player in their 1st senior season). Don't think he's worth 150k, but mid 5 figures would be about right.

In the end though, it's not my money. So if paying him more means he'll stick around, then pay up. Much rather pay higher wages on an emerging talent we know can do the business, than gamble tens of millions on a shiny new transfer

Here's a great stat for ya:

bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum