Is Iheanacho worth the reported £150k per week

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Is Iheanacho worth the reported £150k per week

Postby nottsblue » Fri May 13, 2016 6:19 pm

Obviously the figures will vary depending on the news outlet but the fact remains, his contract at present is somewhere in the region of £15k a week. For a 19 year old that is some serious wedge. We lost Sturridge in a not too dissimilar scenario after refusing his alleged £60k per week demands.

Should we therefore pay whatever Iheanacho wants or do we draw the line and if so, where is the line? He has the potential to be a superstar but at the same time he is but one player. I feel we can't be held to ransom over this but at the same time we can't afford to lose him.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: Is Iheanacho worth the reported £150k per week

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri May 13, 2016 7:14 pm

Pay the fucking kid. He's going to be amazing. Not time to be a cunt. We fucking bought shite for 100m. Pay a nice wedge to someone who's fantastic. His age doesn't matter. He's got something special. Don't let someone else get rewarded for that.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Original Dub » Fri May 13, 2016 7:24 pm

How fucking boring is money talk in football at this stage?

Every comment under a city piece on social media (excluding the mess that is the official site comments), has some funny rag fan or some other cunt mentioning money like he knows what it is to have some.

It's fucking football, not accountancy. I watch football. 11 v 11 and all this other shit is beyond tiresome.

Not a dig at the OP at all btw.

Just reached my absolute limit with money talk. And the most vocal are the ones who have no understanding of how to manage the tiniest amount of it.

Give him half a million a week. I don't care once he helps us win us titles.
Original Dub

Postby CTID Hants » Fri May 13, 2016 8:31 pm

His market value according to transfermarkt is 3.75M and current contract is until 2019.

In short there is no need for talks until the new manager has worked with him and then he can decide if the BOY is worth the wage.

I'm sure someone mentioned the other day his dad is his agent/advisor and has integrity?

The problem is one story emerges and then every fuckin media source repeats it covering their arse by "according to XYZ" then all of a sudden it's fookin gospel!

Yes he's had a good start, yes we are all excited with what we see and yes he APPEARS to be the real deal BUT as I say this can wait a few months.

The season is all but over, the so called journalists have to churn stuff out closed season to earn their crust, there will be tons of utter dross bullshit written in the coming months.

Surely we've learnt from the last few closed seasons that 95%+ of what is written about our club, players and potential new players is utter shit?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri May 13, 2016 8:38 pm

CTID Hants wrote:His market value according to transfermarkt is 3.75M and current contract is until 2019.

In short there is no need for talks until the new manager has worked with him and then he can decide if the BOY is worth the wage.

I'm sure someone mentioned the other day his dad is his agent/advisor and has integrity?

The problem is one story emerges and then every fuckin media source repeats it covering their arse by "according to XYZ" then all of a sudden it's fookin gospel!

Yes he's had a good start, yes we are all excited with what we see and yes he APPEARS to be the real deal BUT as I say this can wait a few months.

The season is all but over, the so called journalists have to churn stuff out closed season to earn their crust, there will be tons of utter dross bullshit written in the coming months.

Surely we've learnt from the last few closed seasons that 95%+ of what is written about our club, players and potential new players is utter shit?

He wants to be told that the next time that he doesnt pass the ball for a certain goal,a she was guilty of in one of the most important matches of the season, then he will be deducted a weeks wages and sent to the fucking reserves until he understands he is NOT AGUERO!!!

These players need to be slapped now and again otherwise they turn into cunts like Sturridge.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri May 13, 2016 8:47 pm

"It's fucking football, not accountancy. I watch football. 11 v 11 and all this other shit is beyond tiresome."

Well said.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Blue Since 76 » Fri May 13, 2016 8:55 pm

If his agent had said he wants a new contract and £20k a week, he should be sacked. What City offers him and what he finally accepts will say more about him than the opening salvo from his agent.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Hazy2 » Fri May 13, 2016 8:57 pm

Is his agent Yaya's gimp, the timing of this tells us we have problems, that need sorting out once and for all the asylum is being run by the inmates, if this story has any truth.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Fri May 13, 2016 9:15 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:"It's fucking football, not accountancy. I watch football. 11 v 11 and all this other shit is beyond tiresome."

Well said.

South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby phips » Sat May 14, 2016 1:29 am

no, not yet. and the club shouldn't give him anything near that.
his dad can fuck off.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Socrates » Sat May 14, 2016 4:18 am

Sterling is just another footballer too, one we already paid a fortune for. If Nacho played for another club and we were signing him, what would we offer? Factor in that there is no signing fee. He has 13 goals in a season where he has spent way more time on the bench than on the pitch. There is no question he is going to be a 30 goal a season striker. Not in the distant future either, right now. 150k = 7.8m a year, putting aside the obvious argument that in a fair world no footballer would be paid a twentieth of that, can we really say as a business that he isn't worth that? I don't think so.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby mr_nool » Sat May 14, 2016 6:07 am

Hazy2 wrote:Is his agent Yaya's gimp, the timing of this tells us we have problems, that need sorting out once and for all the asylum is being run by the inmates, if this story has any truth.

I read this story a couple of weeks ago, but it was just after he scored two against Soton, so I put it down to 2+2=5 journalism and never posted it on here.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Sister of fu » Sat May 14, 2016 6:33 am

Give him an increase and then if continues to excel give him some more like Spurs have done with Ali and Kane.

I have heard that Kid Solanke at Chavs wants £50,000 a week, he's 17 years old and has played 17 min of first team football. Hearing son mental stories of academy kids in England on £35,000 a week? Where's the motivation to do well if your pulling that in at 16 or 17?
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby sheblue » Sat May 14, 2016 6:56 am

No rush with this.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby ruralblue » Sat May 14, 2016 7:19 am

He'll know he will have to wait till Pep spends some time with him that no contract renewal or raise will be on the table. Media bollocks stirring shit. He'll get one no doubt about it once Peps had a good look at him.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Spurge » Sat May 14, 2016 7:44 am

The old adage is 'if your good enough your old enough'.

So perhaps salary should be based largely around ability and contribution, linked to appearances with age being less of a factor? I do get that paying youngsters too much money than they are mature enough to handle might be an issue so have a threshold on what they can have as readily available and bung the rest into a trust fund that they cant access until they are older.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat May 14, 2016 9:13 am

mr_nool wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Is his agent Yaya's gimp, the timing of this tells us we have problems, that need sorting out once and for all the asylum is being run by the inmates, if this story has any truth.

I read this story a couple of weeks ago, but it was just after he scored two against Soton, so I put it down to 2+2=5 journalism and never posted it on here.

This one?

http://africanfootball.com/news/627073/ ... y-contract

Top sources telling them that the lowest earner at City is on £180,000 a week, stop laughing it's a top source.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Hazy2 » Sat May 14, 2016 9:14 am

For the record I have no problem with this lads ability, how ths has made it the scum bag journos is the question if I repeat it is true. City say fuck all, which IMO has failed. Maybe Pep will bring a better face of City, certainly anything will be better than Pellers houndog look and doing his duty replies. Even if we laugh it off as a joke every so often, would be more entertaining for us as fans, either way Nasri an this have made it another week of shite rumours.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Alioune DVToure » Sat May 14, 2016 1:58 pm

I get the sense that this is probably nonsense but, if not, he should be told to get fucked. The likes of Gonzalo Higuaín, Harry Kane and Romelu Lukaku won't be on anything like that sort of money, and they're far more accomplished players. He should get about 50 a week plus incentives (goals and appearances).
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby phips » Sat May 14, 2016 2:32 pm

Sister of fu wrote:I have heard that Kid Solanke at Chavs wants £50,000 a week, he's 17 years old and has played 17 min of first team football. Hearing son mental stories of academy kids in England on £35,000 a week? Where's the motivation to do well if your pulling that in at 16 or 17?

just like Jack Wilshire. and people wonder why England has struggled...because clubs give their youngsters too much praise too quickly. they think they've "arrived" when they haven't. then theres no real motivation to get better
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus