The Curious Case of Jason Denayer

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Curious Case of Jason Denayer

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:47 am

Ok John, you just ignore the obvious mate if that suits you.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:40 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Ok John, you just ignore the obvious mate if that suits you.

I'll hold me hands up when he runs out in the PL! Seriously though those players weren't 'youth system'.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:43 am

john@staustell wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Ok John, you just ignore the obvious mate if that suits you.

I'll hold me hands up when he runs out in the PL! Seriously though those players weren't 'youth system'.

Jese, Carvajal, Vasquez and Arbeloa were.

Marcelo signed when he was 18, same as Denayer for us. Ramos and Varane were 19.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:53 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

Marcelo signed when he was 18, same as Denayer for us. Ramos and Varane were 19.

Ah, Denayer's not ours then. Ship him out!!! :-)
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:56 am

john@staustell wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

Ah, Denayer's not ours then. Ship him out!!! :-)

According to UEFA he is but that's besides the point
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Plain Speaking » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:55 am

Anyone catch the Belgium game last night to comment on how he played?
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:50 pm

Curiouser and curiouser...

@City_Watch

BREAKING: Galatasaray sporting director Levent Nazifoğlu confirms City have blocked a move for Jason Denayer. He will stay in Manchester.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby john@staustell » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:30 pm

Well, maybe we'll all find the answer shortly?
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:33 pm

Sunderland still trying to sign him allegedly
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby john@staustell » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:56 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Sunderland still trying to sign him allegedly

Heard that. I guess the obvious reason for a last day block is that there is a better deal on the cards?
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:23 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Curiouser and curiouser...

@City_Watch

BREAKING: Galatasaray sporting director Levent Nazifoğlu confirms City have blocked a move for Jason Denayer. He will stay in Manchester.

Good. Turkish league is crap.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby nottsblue » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:18 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Sunderland still trying to sign him allegedly

Heard that. I guess the obvious reason for a last day block is that there is a better deal on the cards?

Looks like we have agreed to let him go.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby john@staustell » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:40 am

So after all that we've got rid again! We're preferring Kolarov and Tosin - not one minute in a game.

I suppose some people are still going to tell me he's just going for experience and is going to play for City?

Absolutely unreal
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby foreverblue » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:49 am

This seems to be a resale value loan move.
I think the club are banking on his being in the Premier League makes a higher transfer fee than another season in Turkey.

We have developed this business model for our young players very recently. There's seems little chance of them growing into a role. If they aren't exceptional at 18 then chances are they are middling and we will look to make a profit on them being "City academy graduates".

I think future transfers of over 18s (but still young) will fall into 2 camps; first teamers (Sane, Jesus) and resale value (Rulli, Roberts).
foreverblue
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:55 am

john@staustell wrote:So after all that we've got rid again! We're preferring Kolarov and Tosin - not one minute in a game.

I suppose some people are still going to tell me he's just going for experience and is going to play for City?

Absolutely unreal

Half an hour against Dortmund but let's not let facts get in the way. He also picked up an injury at some point in preseason as was confirmed by the Belgian under21 coach.

There were reports from Belgium last week that Pep wanted him to stick around but Denayer himself wants regular football.

I'm not going to tell you he's going to play for City, I never have, but I think your determination to write him off is just plain weird.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Justified logic » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:19 am

I think a move to Sunderland is good for him - regular game time (hopefully) - and a chance to test himself - and be assessed by Pep - in the PL.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:01 am

Curious it is. Since the last good pair, Dunne & Distin, or possible Kompany and Lescott, all of whom were still putting on their boots last season, we've moved on a startling number of CBs who are still plying their trade. Club trained ones like Onuoha, Mee, Boyata, Rekik and now Denayer (and Facey although Eredivision isn't top standard) follow the likes of Boateng, Mangala, Savić, Kolo, Nastasić, Demichelis etc. into the long grass. I know they weren't the standard we want, although Boateng and Savic seem to have done alright. It's the turnover that baffles me, we just seem to be unable to find them or train them. Pep is muttering about Otamendi and Kompany is surely a massive gamble. Stones has a lot riding on him for sure with Kolarov the only back up. So why is Denayer turning out for the mackems? He's eligible for CL as club trained so Tosin must be considered a better player at 18 - doesn't look good for Belgium.

Whats happened to England youth international Ellis Plummer by the way? He still on our books along with the keeper Lawlor.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby john@staustell » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:52 am

JL - with all our centre half tribulations in the last 2 years Denyaer should have stepped up and grabbed a place. I don't think he'll be 'assessed' by Pep, I think he's been binned off - Tosin has gone above him straight away. He'll be 22 next, if he was going to play for us, he would be.

I don't believe all of this is Pep's work. I don't think he's ever seen Mangala play in the flesh. I think Hart, Mangala, Nasri and Denayer were identified to him by Txiki based on our whole experience with them and what Pep wants. I think possibly Bony was given a small chance to impress, which right on cue he fucked up.

Why isn't Denayer sold? Not sure, I think it's part of this massive 'loan' model, like why we buy young players and loan them out immediately, never to see our first team. May be something to do with the accounting?
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:04 am

johnny crossan wrote:Curious it is. Since the last good pair, Dunne & Distin, or possible Kompany and Lescott, all of whom were still putting on their boots last season, we've moved on a startling number of CBs who are still plying their trade. Club trained ones like Onuoha, Mee, Boyata, Rekik and now Denayer (and Facey although Eredivision isn't top standard) follow the likes of Boateng, Mangala, Savić, Kolo, Nastasić, Demichelis etc. into the long grass. I know they weren't the standard we want, although Boateng and Savic seem to have done alright. It's the turnover that baffles me, we just seem to be unable to find them or train them. Pep is muttering about Otamendi and Kompany is surely a massive gamble. Stones has a lot riding on him for sure with Kolarov the only back up. So why is Denayer turning out for the mackems? He's eligible for CL as club trained so Tosin must be considered a better player at 18 - doesn't look good for Belgium.

Whats happened to England youth international Ellis Plummer by the way? He still on our books along with the keeper Lawlor.

Plummer signed a contract extension back in May, currently recovering from injury I believe.

And Lawlor still with the EDS as far as I know.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby PeterParker » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:43 am

Sunderland will be the decisive moment for him. Make it or break it.

Very eager to see where Moyes will put him, central or right back.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum