Cheikou Kouyate Of West Ham

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Cheikou Kouyate Of West Ham

Postby City64 » Wed May 11, 2016 6:36 pm

What a season he has had and what a game he had last night v the rags , brilliant tall strong midfielder and supreme athlete too ! Maybe a third of Pogba,s price tag aswell ....... we should absolutely make a bid for this player imho .

Thoughts ........
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Cheikou Kouyate Of West Ham

Postby Mase » Wed May 11, 2016 6:43 pm

I want Pogba!
I want Pogba!
I want Pogba!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby gmercer1 » Wed May 11, 2016 6:46 pm

Fuck it, let's have them both, after all we are the only team that spends any money in the Prem, every other team just brings through youth.
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby nottsblue » Wed May 11, 2016 7:01 pm

Mase wrote:I want Pogba!
I want Pogba!
I want Pogba!

I kind of want our transfer policy to be largely based on only buying the very best and spending whatever it takes to get them. For too long we have filled our squad with the likes of Kouyate. Good players, but not world class but they still cost a lot of money. I'd love to be able to promote more youth players through to save on these transfers and then buy two or three top end players. Pogba, IMO, is that type of player and if he costs £70m for example then so be it. I'd rather that than three good players at £20/30m who don't elevate us to the likes of Europes elite. Messi is another, though that transfer is unlikely. Suarez although not everyone's cup of tea, would be another. Both are guaranteed to bring goals as much as guarantees can be given in sport. Neuer is another. Maldini in his prime. The list could go on. We have possibly started this with the capture of KDB.

I fear though we have let our current deteriorate too much to implement this policy this year. We shall see whether our current squad react to Peps arrival
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Return to The Maine Football forum