Clattenburg

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Clattenburg

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:32 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:Alan Green blamed the FA of incompetence before the game for failing to give him a final earlier, as he's clearly the best referee we've got.

Which just about sums up Alan Green

How is that twat still in employment? Time the whole anachronistic BBC was shut down
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby King Kev » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:47 pm

If you read Mark Halsey's book (which is very good) it is very clear indeed that the referees associations are basically closed shops and you only get on if you kiss the right arses.

Decisions such as who will referee big games are made partly on a voting system (amongst the hierarchy of the refereeing governing bodies) and partly on the scores that refs get for each game. These scores are given by assessors who are also part of the closed shop.

I'm not suggesting that all referees are bent (although some clearly are) just that the decisions for big games are skewed in favour of the arse-kissers and those who favour pedantic rule following rather than commonsense during their games.

Basically, the big games are given to the best arse-kissers, not the best referees.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:30 pm

Clattenberg has got the game because he is a very good referee. His performances in our games are nothing to do with his ability or competence. Every time he refs us he knows exactly what he is doing...it's all very deliberate.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dameerto » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:35 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:Clattenberg has got the game because he is a very good referee. His performances in our games are nothing to do with his ability or competence. Every time he refs us he knows exactly what he is doing...it's all very deliberate.

I agree, it's no surprise a referee with question marks against his integrity gets the support and the championing of a closed shop organisation with dubious integrity and a governing body that has just lost it's leader due to corruption.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:58 pm

Now that Clattcunt has got the gig I'll be heavily lumping on a French win.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:56 am

As a few posts above suggest, there is a difference between him ref'ing in the Prem compared to these comps. Both him and Atkinson have looked like top notch referees in the Euros yet that cannot be said for their dread and butter games, week in, week out.

For me, it just goes to prove that our game has very competent officials, skewed by the leagues desire to manage their game.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:08 am

Beefymcfc wrote:As a few posts above suggest, there is a difference between him ref'ing in the Prem compared to these comps. Both him and Atkinson have looked like top notch referees in the Euros yet that cannot be said for their dread and butter games, week in, week out.

For me, it just goes to prove that our game has very competent officials, skewed by the leagues desire to manage their game.

Interesting observation. You may well have a strong element of truth there
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby gillie » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:23 am

Well Clattenburg must also be fuckin colour blind after awarding the free kick that had a bearing on the winning goal imo.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:48 am

gillie wrote:Well Clattenburg must also be fuckin colour blind after awarding the free kick that had a bearing on the winning goal imo.

I wonder if he'd seen that it hit Eder's hand would he have given a free out.

I agree Gillie, Koscielny couldn't touch Eder for fear of a second yellow after being wrongly awarded the first.

Well played Mark.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:19 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
gillie wrote:Well Clattenburg must also be fuckin colour blind after awarding the free kick that had a bearing on the winning goal imo.

I agree Gillie, Koscielny couldn't touch Eder for fear of a second yellow after being wrongly awarded the first.

Well played Mark.

I made the same point in the match thread.
It was an honest mistake I would say, but one that had a huge bearing on the result in the end.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:27 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:

Well played Mark.

It was an honest mistake I would say, but one that had a huge bearing on the result in the end.

Probably was honest but it was piss poor. There either has to be intent or hands have to be in an unnatural position, there was neither in this case.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:31 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:

Well played Mark.

Probably was honest but it was piss poor. There either has to be intent or hands have to be in an unnatural position, there was neither in this case.

Not forgetting the fact.....It wasn't even his hand!!!
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:58 pm

i know what you mean, but i honestly hate tying a call like that into the final bearing on the match. France should have and could have scored at least 3...the fact they didn't was both their fault, some bad luck and great goalie work.

Essss football...what can you do? Ball don't lie...even when the ref sometimes does.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby City64 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:06 pm

Clattenburg is a first class cunt of the highest order . He reffed last nights final in a low profile manor unlike how he usually refs high profile games in the prem , clearly refs to orders and open to back handers .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dimples » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:51 pm

City64 wrote:Clattenburg is a first class cunt of the highest order . He reffed last nights final in a low profile manor unlike how he usually refs high profile games in the prem , clearly refs to orders and open to back handers .

I agree with the above and incompetent can be added to it.
Confusing black with white resulting in a game changing decision in favor of the away team, in a dangerous position plus a yellow card that severely restricts a home defender for the remainder of the game.
Incompetence.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby zuricity » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:13 pm

Payet should have seen a yellow, easily in any other game, for his foul on tranny ( it wasn't ever a tackle). He's bent alright.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby dazby » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:34 pm

City64 wrote:Clattenburg is a first class cunt of the highest order . He reffed last nights final in a low profile manor unlike how he usually refs high profile games in the prem , clearly refs to orders and open to back handers .

Wouldn't France have won if that was the case?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Dimples » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:04 pm

dazby wrote:

Yes if he was not incompetent.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby City64 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:12 am

Dimples wrote:
dazby wrote:

Yes if he was not incompetent.

Dazby luvs Mark Clattenburg ........
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby dazby » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:00 pm

Nah, just trying to work your conspiracy theory out. Like most of them, it's pretty confused and has holes in its logic.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum