Clattenburg

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Clattenburg

Postby s1ty m » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:50 pm

I'd love Sky to show that little table. Amazing numbers. No agenda, righto.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby zuricity » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:16 pm

i just hope for once that this cnut does not make himself the centre of attention.

If we don't notice the ref than we will win easily.

I think this guy is still paying back the rags for the 6-1.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby gillie » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:55 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Image
Lent this from another site. This is Clattencunts record in the last 5 seasons of matches he's reffed between the so-called top 6 clubs.
(And this at a time when we've finished 1st, 2nd, 1st, 2nd, 4th.)

Very telling that since the 6-1 we have not won a single game with the bent fucker in charge he started paying them back immediately.Bacon was probs on his mobile straight after the game to tell him the rules.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:25 am

Is he and his blind mice being put up in the Lowry, Just happens to be the home of the Jose Crew, nothing fishy about that if he is !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Cocacolajojo » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:35 am

Lent this from another site. This is Clattencunts record in the last 5 seasons of matches he's reffed between the so-called top 6 clubs.

I think that's a good example of poor statistics. IIRC, we had a very poor record against the top six clubs this and it wasn't particularly great last season either so it isn't very surprising that we haven't done well with CLattenburg reffing the game, we've probably not done well under any ref last season fore example.

Better then to compare how all top six clubs have fared in all top six games vs how they've done with Clattenburg reffing the game.

BTW, not defending Clattenburg, just saying it's a poor piece of statistics.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:04 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:

I think that's a good example of poor statistics. IIRC, we had a very poor record against the top six clubs this and it wasn't particularly great last season either so it isn't very surprising that we haven't done well with CLattenburg reffing the game, we've probably not done well under any ref last season fore example.

Better then to compare how all top six clubs have fared in all top six games vs how they've done with Clattenburg reffing the game.

Fair point Coca, for me the only evidence needed that Clattenburg has something against us is the fact that Pellegrini felt the need to call him out in the press. For someone as placid as Pellegrini to feel obliged to do that then you know something is amiss.

Even without statistical evidence there's a case to be made that he just doesn't like us.

Gareth Barry getting done by him when he was fourth official for foul and abusive language in the 2012 season.

Craig Bellamy getting sent off for two yellows in a game where he allegedly asked one of our coaching staff in the tunnel how he puts up with him every day.

Skrtel punching the ball over Kompany's head in the Liverpool penalty area in the dying embers of the 3-2 defeat in the season when Liverpool nearly won the league.

Giving a penalty against Sterling versus Spurs last season when he couldn't possibly tell whether it hit his arm ( that was tucked in ) or not.

The other Spurs game with the two ludicrous offside decisions I'll give him the benefit of the doubt as it was the incompetent/bent linesmen that made them calls.

They're just a few examples, I'm sure others can add more.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:10 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:

Fair point Coca, for me the only evidence needed that Clattenburg has something against us is the fact that Pellegrini felt the need to call him out in the press. For someone as placid as Pellegrini to feel obliged to do that then you know something is amiss.

Even without statistical evidence there's a case to be made that he just doesn't like us.

Gareth Barry getting done by him when he was fourth official for foul and abusive language in the 2012 season.

Craig Bellamy getting sent off for two yellows in a game where he allegedly asked one of our coaching staff in the tunnel how he puts up with him every day.

Skrtel punching the ball over Kompany's head in the Liverpool penalty area in the dying embers of the 3-2 defeat in the season when Liverpool nearly won the league.

Giving a penalty against Sterling versus Spurs last season when he couldn't possibly tell whether it hit his arm ( that was tucked in ) or not.

The other Spurs game with the two ludicrous offside decisions I'll give him the benefit of the doubt as it was the incompetent/bent linesmen that made them calls.

He was brought in for the season 'liverpool nearly won the league' to help them out. Should have sent Suarez off in our game and the Palace 3-3. When we walloped the scum 1-6 he popped up in the Chelsea game to stop our momentum, not giving Silva a clear penalty, giving them a penalty that wasn't and sending off Clichy (I think) for absolutely nothing. He's the FAs go-to ref when they need a result.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Cocacolajojo » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:11 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:

Sure, as I said, I wasn't defending Clattenburg. That piece of stat bugs me is all.

Had forgotten about Skrtel. Poor poor poor by the refs.

Also think it was interesting that the very same linesman who didn't spot Kane at THAT game didn't have a problem spotting that Agüero was offside (which he probably wasn't btw) in our last game.....
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby dazby » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:05 pm

He was spot on today. You can have all your conspiracy theories but today he was spot on. Go on, write it. He had chances to give the dodgy call but didn't. Go on, write it.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:07 pm

aside from allowing wiggy to get away with multiple yellows, clatters did well, I agree.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby PrezIke » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:07 pm

Figure he and Rooney will go have a drink together to drown their sorrows away.

Jokes! As otherwise he did do well in other areas, I agree with you SSB. Even whilst Neville kept checking for pen shouts and fans moaning when they wanted fouls against us as well, and allowing play to go on in other instances which helped the flow of the game.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby sheblue » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:14 pm

He did well.
He had the opportunity to give them two penalties, not saying they were pens but he could have given them if he was rag way inclined.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:20 pm

He still allows that ducking basin headed granny shagger to get in his face time after time after time and still no yellow .

What was that about respect for the referee ???
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:20 pm

sheblue wrote:He did well.
He had the opportunity to give them two penalties, not saying they were pens but he could have given them if he was rag way inclined.

True. Should be highlighted. If he were that bent...
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:21 pm

I still can't stand the so-and-so.

One swallow doesn't make a summer.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby sidSmith » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:26 pm

dazby wrote:He was spot on today. You can have all your conspiracy theories but today he was spot on. Go on, write it. He had chances to give the dodgy call but didn't. Go on, write it.

Are you serious? Yes he may have missed Bravo's tackle, but how many did he let Rooney get away with? How about Bogbrush's pulling of Nolito for 15 yards all the way into the box? What about Rooney telling him to fuck off when he finally gave him a yellow, which should have probably been a red?

Spot on. My fucking arse. I'll give you that he didn't bow down to the pressure from the crowd, Maureen, etc. But if you call that display spot on, you're very wrong.
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby patrickblue » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:35 pm

sidSmith wrote:
dazby wrote:He was spot on today. You can have all your conspiracy theories but today he was spot on. Go on, write it. He had chances to give the dodgy call but didn't. Go on, write it.

Are you serious? Yes he may have missed Bravo's tackle, but how many did he let Rooney get away with? How about Bogbrush's pulling of Nolito for 15 yards all the way into the box? What about Rooney telling him to fuck off when he finally gave him a yellow, which should have probably been a red?

Spot on. My fucking arse. I'll give you that he didn't bow down to the pressure from the crowd, Maureen, etc. But if you call that display spot on, you're very wrong.

Maureen's saying that the rags should have had two penalties, one for Otter's handball, and one for Bravo on Wooney.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby sidSmith » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:41 pm

patrickblue wrote:
sidSmith wrote:

Maureen's saying that the rags should have had two penalties, one for Otter's handball, and one for Bravo on Wooney.

Yes. I mentioned Bravo's tackle, but there's no way I'd even consider Otter's one! I thought his interview was refreshing, up until he started his excuses. No mention of the multiple fouls by Rooney or our appeals. Other than foul us, all Rooney did the 2nd half was pump long balls and appeal for frivolous handballs.

Its telling that the first yellow card of the match was Silva, in a period where we had more than 60% possession. Yes his was a yellow, but to give them so many chances makes the guy a joke.
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:34 pm

Completely surprised me today. Could've easily given the pen against Bravo but didn't. Is this the Pep effect ??
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby gmercer1 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:37 pm

Dubaimancityfan wrote:Completely surprised me today. Could've easily given the pen against Bravo but didn't. Is this the Pep effect ??

Yep amazed me too
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum