Clattenburg

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Clattenburg

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:15 am

I know you're a WUM and you're longevity is impressive...

But what City players should have been sent off??
Original Dub

Postby Justified logic » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:45 am

Justified logic wrote:
phips wrote:he does things that negatively impact City: "he's a rag and a bent ref"
he does things that don't negatively impact City: "well it's because it's clear as day and no ref would ever do that because it'd be obvious they were bent"

or, he's just an inconsistent ref who tends to favor star players (as is common in every single major sports league).
the way people on here were slamming him you would've thought we had 0% chance to win on Saturday.

damned if you do, damned if you dont. aside from Rooney not getting a card until very late there's little to complain about. if he really was a United sympathizer then he would've sent those players off that Jose mentioned.

Don't fall for the Mourinho agenda. The media were all over it immediately like a rash, but doesn't mean you have to have selective vision as well.

I don't often visit Twitter but this just fell into my lap.

✅Grappling in the box this season is a pen
✅Late challenge in box is a penalty
✅Kick out at player is penalty

Can't post the video here but it can be seen on this link: https://twitter.com/MancBastard/status/ ... 6670511104

That'd be three fouls and three penalties within a matter of seconds that Buyee hasn't been pulled up for. #impunity

But did Pep complain about them? Did ANY of the post-match pundits even mention them? No. Why not?
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:44 pm

phips wrote:he does things that negatively impact City: "he's a rag and a bent ref"
he does things that don't negatively impact City: "well it's because it's clear as day and no ref would ever do that because it'd be obvious they were bent"

or, he's just an inconsistent ref who tends to favor star players (as is common in every single major sports league).
the way people on here were slamming him you would've thought we had 0% chance to win on Saturday.

damned if you do, damned if you dont. aside from Rooney not getting a card until very late there's little to complain about. if he really was a United sympathizer then he would've sent those players off that Jose mentioned.

City.

Not us.

On a thread discussing the derby.

Why. Are. You. Here?
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby freshie » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:57 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

City.

Not us.

On a thread discussing the derby.

Why. Are. You. Here?

Because he's unemployed (and unemployable)
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:32 pm

Poor old Phips seems to attract a fair share of criticism and adverse comments for the posts he makes.

Anyone ever thought about cutting him just a little bit of slack ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Dameerto » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:32 pm

dazby wrote:He was spot on today. You can have all your conspiracy theories but today he was spot on. Go on, write it. He had chances to give the dodgy call but didn't. Go on, write it.

Here's a conspiracy theory for you - maybe we got so fed up of season-after-season of bullshit that we finally bought our own PGMOL pocket ref just to ensure no dodgy decisions against us?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:36 pm

Out of curiosity Dazby, did you bring up the subject of players giving refs lip when you spoke to Clattenburg?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Plain Speaking » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:44 pm

I think he's got history with dodgy refereeing decisions against us. On Saturday he knew he was under close scrutiny and didn't make the pro-rag calls that most expected. That doesn't suddenly make him a great ref. One swallow doesn't make a summer.

The standard of refereeing in the PL under PGMOL is pretty poor. Although it won't solve all issues, I hope they get rid of PGMOL and bring in video technology to assist officials, like in many other top level sports.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby zuricity » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:15 pm

dazby wrote:He was spot on today. You can have all your conspiracy theories but today he was spot on. Go on, write it. He had chances to give the dodgy call but didn't. Go on, write it.

No he was not , he was average that's all.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:18 pm

Justified logic wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

Don't fall for the Mourinho agenda. The media were all over it immediately like a rash, but doesn't mean you have to have selective vision as well.

Can't post the video here but it can be seen on this link: https://twitter.com/MancBastard/status/ ... 6670511104

That'd be three fouls and three penalties within a matter of seconds that Buyee hasn't been pulled up for. #impunity

But did Pep complain about them? Did ANY of the post-match pundits even mention them? No. Why not?

I thought swearing directly at the ref was now an auto booking too, and the whole world saw Rooney tell Clattenburg to fuck off in his face. So, did he not see/hear it, or did he simply choose not to enforce the rules?

I think Guardiola is trying not to come across as a moaning cunt. He won the game that seemingly the whole world wanted us to lose, no point being a bad winner.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:50 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Justified logic wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

I thought swearing directly at the ref was now an auto booking too, and the whole world saw Rooney tell Clattenburg to fuck off in his face. So, did he not see/hear it, or did he simply choose not to enforce the rules?

I think Guardiola is trying not to come across as a moaning cunt. He won the game that seemingly the whole world wanted us to lose, no point being a bad winner.

Don't be too hard on Clattenburg.

He didn't see it, he didn't hear it and he said nothing......but he sure plays a mean pinball.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby freshie » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:02 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Poor old Phips seems to attract a fair share of criticism and adverse comments for the posts he makes.

Has he ever thought about quitting his jibber jabber?
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:04 pm

freshie wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Poor old Phips seems to attract a fair share of criticism and adverse comments for the posts he makes.

Has he ever thought about quitting his jibber jabber?

Thanks freshie.

Point taken.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby City64 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:21 pm

Everytime City have a proper result this crank ( phips) throws in a negative sly dig post or two Mikhail . He is playing a few on here a merry tune for sure !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:57 pm

City64 wrote:

Everytime City have a proper result this crank ( phips) throws in a negative sly dig post or two Mikhail . He is playing a few on here a merry tune for sure !

Thanks C64.

I'll never 'slag off' anyone on this forum as I've too much regard for all who post here.

Just wanted to be fair to him, but I take your point.

Apologies.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby dazby » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:04 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Out of curiosity Dazby, did you bring up the subject of players giving refs lip when you spoke to Clattenburg?

No sir. When I asked for suggestions, everyone wanted me to ask him about being bent.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:31 pm

He ignored Rooney swearing at him and missed kolarov having a tooth knocked out and because he didnt obviously cheat us that's now considered a good game?

Bravo won all the ball with no studs showing, telling people that was him being lenient is weak.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:35 pm

He missed 4 Rooney bookings and a straight sending-off, a sending-off for The Swedish tramp and the Belgium degenerate, plus one possibly two City penalties. So can't really complain about his performance in this game.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby nottsblue » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:19 pm

Been awarded Referee of the year. Football has sunk to a new low
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:25 pm

nottsblue wrote:Been awarded Referee of the year. Football has sunk to a new low

It says it all when I actually think he's been one of the better ref's this year. However, that takes into account his European games where he has been far better than in the PL. I remember seeing a total contrast of the use of regulations between a midweek CL to a weekend PL. Very strange.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum