Clattenburg

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Clattenburg

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:39 pm

Dubaimancityfan wrote:Completely surprised me today. Could've easily given the pen against Bravo but didn't. Is this the Pep effect ??

I'd like to believe he has developed some integrity and a sense of pride in his work, but the evidence of years is still stacked against him, I'm afraid. And not just in relation to City.

I don't want any "Pep effect" or things in our favour, personally. I want them right.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby PeterParker » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:45 pm

I don't know how many of you remember what happend after we won in the swamp 6-1 and how the decisions went against us almost every away game.

I expect that to happen right now again. The rag machine will go full speed after the travesty they showed today, I am certain of this.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:10 pm

He gave Bravo the benefit of the doubt which surprised me.

How he failed to book Bailly for poleaxing KDB right at the start I've no idea, let three definite yellow cards go for them before booking Silva, only then did he start showing them yellows.

All in all though a decent performance, that doesn't however take away from the fact that he's a massive cunt.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Original Dub » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:15 pm

He is definitely mates with rooney.

And he is definitely corrupt.

I was very surprised he didn't give that penalty but then again in real time there's no way he could have seen that studs were showing.

But that table earlier in this thread.... what is it they say... oh yeah...

The table never lies.
Original Dub

Postby s1ty m » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:12 pm

Rooney was constantly swearing at him. You could see it on the TV. I thought that was now cardable? Fellaini should have been booked in the first half for 3 fouls. I thought The Rags were generally filthy. Clattenburg was generally cowardly.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby zuricity » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:16 pm

S1 sums the git up . There was no penalty for wooney because it was a clean tackle.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Spurge » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:35 pm

Original Dub wrote:He is definitely mates with rooney.

I was very surprised he didn't give that penalty but then again in real time there's no way he could have seen that studs were showing.

The table never lies.

Yes, rooney got a yellow at the third time of offering - could have easily got a red today. Silva - who is of course the dirtiest player around, got a yellow for his first offence.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Cocacolajojo » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:57 pm

Original Dub wrote:He is definitely mates with rooney.

The table never lies.

That table is wank.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:22 pm

sheblue wrote:He did well.
He had the opportunity to give them two penalties, not saying they were pens but he could have given them if he was rag way inclined.

I think the whole Aguero retrospective ban drew attention to the refereeing and general officiating. This backfired the normal Scum advantage that they get.

There was definitely two opportunities to give them a peon. Both were not penalties in my view, but I agree that in the past he would have used at least one of them to get United back in the match.
Because of the extra spotlight on the officiating of this game, I feel he couldn't do that.
He was extremely lenient with them regarding the issuing of yellow cards but we benefitted by him not drawing attention on himself for big decisions.

Jose reckoned they didn't get what they deserved. I'd say they didn't get what they expected.
City for once got what they deserved. Not being stitched up. I think our football will withstand anything else.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:26 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
He had the opportunity to give them two penalties, not saying they were pens but he could have given them if he was rag way inclined.

I think the whole Aguero retrospective ban drew attention to the refereeing and general officiating. This backfired the normal Scum advantage that they get.

There was definitely two opportunities to give them a peon. Both were not penalties in my view, but I agree that in the past he would have used at least one of them to get United back in the match.
Because of the extra spotlight on the officiating of this game, I feel he couldn't do that.
He was extremely lenient with them regarding the issuing of yellow cards but we benefitted by him not drawing attention on himself for big decisions.

Jose reckoned they didn't get what they deserved. I'd say they didn't get what they expected.
City for once got what they deserved. Not being stitched up. I think our football will withstand anything else.

Spot on IWT.

Your last paragraph encapsulates everything in just a couple of lines.

Very nice.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby nottsblue » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:32 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Spot on IWT.

Your last paragraph encapsulates everything in just a couple of lines.

Very nice.

Hear hear
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby sheblue » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:16 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:

You have a good point but I still think he did well, yes he missed some yellows for them no doubt, but he didn't buckle under the pressure from the swampites to give them those penalties, many others would.
It could have been a lot worse, and a spotlight on officiating or not he could have done it and got away with it, he didn't.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:24 pm

Thought he as up to his European standard, which was refreshing. Never fell for Wiggy's antics and was firm with his handling, telling the cunt that Bravo got the ball.

Notice how many times Wiggy screams for a penalty, it got embarrassing. And then, when we kicked it out to get treatment to him, they threw the ball about 15 yards and instead of letting us play it, chased us down?

Just shows how unsporting these dirty fuckers are, not to mention how they tried to stamp, grab and kick us off the pitch.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:25 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Thought he as up to his European standard, which was refreshing. Never fell for Wiggy's antics and was firm with his handling, telling the cunt that Bravo got the ball.

Notice how many times Wiggy screams for a penalty, it got embarrassing. And then, when we kicked it out to get treatment to him, they threw the ball about 15 yards and instead of letting us play it, chased us down?

Just shows how unsporting these dirty fuckers are, not to mention how they tried to stamp, grab and kick us off the pitch

It's the United way, surely Beefy ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:36 pm

sheblue wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

You have a good point but I still think he did well, yes he missed some yellows for them no doubt, but he didn't buckle under the pressure from the swampites to give them those penalties, many others would.
It could have been a lot worse, and a spotlight on officiating or not he could have done it and got away with it, he didn't.

No doubt about it. He did well, whatever the reasons.
No reason why it shouldn't be like that all the time.
I think a little spotlight on them is a good thing if it keeps things straight.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:17 am

Whilst I don't think he was terrible, I'm still pissed off there is no sky witch hunt on Rooney for swearing and videos of the incident going round the media.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby phips » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:44 am

he does things that negatively impact City: "he's a rag and a bent ref"
he does things that don't negatively impact City: "well it's because it's clear as day and no ref would ever do that because it'd be obvious they were bent"

or, he's just an inconsistent ref who tends to favor star players (as is common in every single major sports league).
the way people on here were slamming him you would've thought we had 0% chance to win on Saturday.

damned if you do, damned if you dont. aside from Rooney not getting a card until very late there's little to complain about. if he really was a United sympathizer then he would've sent those players off that Jose mentioned.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:48 am

phips wrote:he does things that negatively impact City: "he's a rag and a bent ref"
he does things that don't negatively impact City: "well it's because it's clear as day and no ref would ever do that because it'd be obvious they were bent"

or, he's just an inconsistent ref who tends to favor star players (as is common in every single major sports league).
the way people on here were slamming him you would've thought we had 0% chance to win on Saturday.

damned if you do, damned if you dont. aside from Rooney not getting a card until very late there's little to complain about. if he really was a United sympathizer then he would've sent those players off that Jose mentioned.

See, you miss the point here. He has done things all his career that have impacted certain matches in certain ways. It is not, and never has been, just City. There is information out there regarding this man and his refereeing history. Eccentric does not cover it, in my view, nor does incompetent.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:52 am

phips wrote:he does things that negatively impact City: "he's a rag and a bent ref"

What players? Bravo and _____?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Justified logic » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:11 am

Don't fall for the Mourinho agenda. The media were all over it immediately like a rash, but doesn't mean you have to have selective vision as well.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum