Emerson - MCFC v Arsenal

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Emerson - MCFC v Arsenal

Postby Mase » Wed May 11, 2016 12:04 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
What do you suggest he should do then Mase? Twat

Just tell his son quietly to keep walking and don't say anything.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Mase » Wed May 11, 2016 12:07 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:
Mase wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:hopefully he'll use some of the money raised to change his name. emerson?! what the fuck?! his dad must be a right bell end naming his kid that....

Naming his son Emerson and stopping to have 'banter' with football hooligans. Dad of the year for me.

One of the group approached me and said, 'you're lucky I'm in a good mood today.' I assumed it was because my son was wearing his Arsenal shirt.At first we thought it was banter and exchanged pleasantries with him and continued walking past.

Did not stop to have banter according to himself at least.

Absolutely no chance he continued walking without saying anything. The fact he's thought it was 'banter' after that opening line, and that his kids said something back to the guy about it being a draw suggests he's stopped. If you don't say anything and carry on walking I very much doubt they would have followed him.

I'm surprised it's you two that have chirped up, it's not like you and Forever at all.....
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed May 11, 2016 12:07 pm

Mase wrote:

or should have called in lake and palmer as back up
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Mase » Wed May 11, 2016 12:09 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Mase wrote:

Haha! Or Foreverinbluedreams and Cocacola. Two of the hardest people I've ever come across on this site.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed May 11, 2016 12:09 pm

Mase wrote:

You reckon that would've prevented what happened? Very naive if you do.

When a bloke in his 40s says that to you as you're walking with your kid you'd assume he was taking the piss. Fair enough if it was a young bloke then you'd automatically have your guard up.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed May 11, 2016 12:10 pm

Mase wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Mase wrote:

Haha! Or Foreverinbluedreams and Cocacola. Two of the hardest people I've ever come across on this site.

Pot and kettle spring to mind.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Wed May 11, 2016 12:10 pm

Mase wrote:

When a bloke in his 40s says that to you as you're walking with your kid you'd assume he was taking the piss. Fair enough if it was a young bloke then you'd automatically have your guard up.

Not really. You're very naive if you think someone would say 'you're lucky I'm in a good mood' you a man with a kid and not mean it.
Last edited by Mase on Wed May 11, 2016 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Wed May 11, 2016 12:12 pm

Mase wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Mase wrote:

Pot and kettle spring to mind.

I'll have one sugar then lad.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed May 11, 2016 12:16 pm

Mase wrote:
Mase wrote:

Not really. You're very naive if you think someone would say 'you're lucky I'm in a good mood' you a man with a kid and not mean it.

Ok, I don't come across many blokes in their 40s that threaten 12 year olds, if that makes me naive then fair enough.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Wed May 11, 2016 12:16 pm

Kid is punched, grown men argue on the internet. World still turns.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed May 11, 2016 12:17 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:
Mase wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:hopefully he'll use some of the money raised to change his name. emerson?! what the fuck?! his dad must be a right bell end naming his kid that....

Naming his son Emerson and stopping to have 'banter' with football hooligans. Dad of the year for me.

One of the group approached me and said, 'you're lucky I'm in a good mood today.' I assumed it was because my son was wearing his Arsenal shirt.At first we thought it was banter and exchanged pleasantries with him and continued walking past.

And I'd also make sure my son had a jacket to hide his colors if he felt possessed to wear his top to an away match.

Just don't stand out and you'll be hard pressed to find trouble from morons like those really. and logically you know that City have had a shit season so why tempt fate and let your kid walk around in his arsenal top? Seems like an uninformed decision that a regular football match attendee wouldn't make. And that doesn't place blame on the dad or justify it either, I'm just commenting.

And YES it's horrible and sad and stupid and I hope when they find the piece of garbage that punches a kid that they lock him up and shame the fuck out of him.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed May 11, 2016 12:18 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:Kid is punched, grown men argue on the internet. World still turns.

could be the strap line for this site...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Mase » Wed May 11, 2016 12:27 pm

As a side, when I have a kid if some grown man whacks them before they're 16 i wouldn't just say 'hey what are you doing?' or something similar. People would be getting their noses bitten off and eyes gauged out. I'd happily take a hiding from 5+ blokes if someone whacks my kid.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed May 11, 2016 12:31 pm

Mase wrote:As a side, when I have a kid if some grown man whacks them before they're 16 i wouldn't just say 'hey what are you doing?' or something similar. People would be getting their noses bitten off and eyes gauged out. I'd happily take a hiding from 5+ blokes if someone whacks my kid.

I wouldn't be what you would call a fighter, but the same thing crossed my mind when I read the article/letter. I'm not saying it isn't true but there is a lot in it that seems strange to say the least. If it was my young lad I think I'd lose it.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed May 11, 2016 12:36 pm

Mase wrote:As a side, when I have a kid if some grown man whacks them before they're 16 i wouldn't just say 'hey what are you doing?' or something similar. People would be getting their noses bitten off and eyes gauged out. I'd happily take a hiding from 5+ blokes if someone whacks my kid.

THIS.

I would never have just jogged along when my little son had been smacked in the mouth...Id seriously lose it.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Cocacolajojo » Wed May 11, 2016 12:36 pm

Mase wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:
Mase wrote:

Absolutely no chance he continued walking without saying anything. The fact he's thought it was 'banter' after that opening line, and that his kids said something back to the guy about it being a draw suggests he's stopped. If you don't say anything and carry on walking I very much doubt they would have followed him.

I'm surprised it's you two that have chirped up, it's not like you and Forever at all.....

I have no idea what happened, I wasn't there. We were discussing his version of it, not what most likely happened according to Mase.

I have no idea whta you mean with that last sentence. It seems to me you're the only guy in this thread trying to normalize a grown man (allegedly) smacking a twelve year boy in the face. If you had son, and I met you anywhere and you acted like an idiot, I still wouldn't smack your son. Mostly because you'd have probably put him training for UFC when he was 4 to make up for your childhood but also, because you don't smack twelve year olds in the face because of their fathers.
Last edited by Cocacolajojo on Wed May 11, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed May 11, 2016 12:37 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:

I wouldn't be what you would call a fighter, but the same thing crossed my mind when I read the article/letter. I'm not saying it isn't true but there is a lot in it that seems strange to say the least. If it was my young lad I think I'd lose it.

You don't know how you'd react if you were in that situation, do you lose the plot and start swinging or do you try to get away as quick as you can because you're outnumbered and your instinct is to protect your kid? Impossible to say unless in that situation yourself.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Cocacolajojo » Wed May 11, 2016 12:53 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:
Mase wrote:

And I'd also make sure my son had a jacket to hide his colors if he felt possessed to wear his top to an away match.

Just don't stand out and you'll be hard pressed to find trouble from morons like those really. and logically you know that City have had a shit season so why tempt fate and let your kid walk around in his arsenal top? Seems like an uninformed decision that a regular football match attendee wouldn't make. And that doesn't place blame on the dad or justify it either, I'm just commenting.

And YES it's horrible and sad and stupid and I hope when they find the piece of garbage that punches a kid that they lock him up and shame the fuck out of him.

Cheers

It's weird. In Sweden it's the other way around. I.E. if you wear a team shirt at the game you're referred to as a "Julgran", a christmas tree, and considered harmless by the firms and others. At least that's how it used to be a few years ago, everyone who wanted to fight were trying to dress like the actors in films about British football violence.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed May 11, 2016 12:59 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:

You don't know how you'd react if you were in that situation, do you lose the plot and start swinging or do you try to get away as quick as you can because you're outnumbered and your instinct is to protect your kid? Impossible to say unless in that situation yourself.

That's very true and like I say, I'm not a fighter by instinct. I would be inclined to try to avoid trouble before occurs if at all possible. But assuming the father did that and he did tell his son to run, it would seem, maybe he took the right option. You can't tell from the detail given.
Like some have said previously, i would like to think I wouldn't put my son in that situation to start. I know it can happen regardless. But like Mase said, I think most fathers, no matter how level headed They may think they are, would probably lose it, seeing a forty year old man punch their kid. It mightn't be the wisest decision in every circumstance, but it does seem natural to me.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed May 11, 2016 1:05 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

That's very true and like I say, I'm not a fighter by instinct. I would be inclined to try to avoid trouble before occurs if at all possible. But assuming the father did that and he did tell his son to run, it would seem, maybe he took the right option. You can't tell from the detail given.
Like some have said previously, i would like to think I wouldn't put my son in that situation to start. I know it can happen regardless. But like Mase said, I think most fathers, no matter how level headed They may think they are, would probably lose it, seeing a forty year old man punch their kid. It mightn't be the wisest decision in every circumstance, but it does seem natural to me.

I was in a situation not too dissimilar when I was a kid, my uncle brought me and my cousin to a Bohs/Rovers game, I think we were both around 8 years old. The usual shit kicked off after the game and we got caught up in it, I got a bottle in the head which split me. My uncle's instinct wasn't to start fighting but to run to protect us, picked us both up, one under each arm and got the fuck out of there as quick as he could.

Like I said impossible to know how you'd react as it's down to instinct but I'm just glad my uncle's instinct that day was to get us out of there as quickly as possible. I guess he's not a hard cunt like Mase.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum