£300 Million

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: £300 Million

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 09, 2016 1:17 pm

freshie wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
freshie wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:And if he had stayed with us Freshie how many games would he have played against men?

None cos Pellers hardly plays any of the kids. Pep has a reputation for bringing youth through. You've completely missed my point - I want him here for next season, as his loan spell at Celtic has clearly done him the world of good

I haven't missed your point at all.

Perhaps the club feel it's better that he gains more experience of senior football, including CL football before he's ready to step up with us. Without the benefit of watching him on a consistent basis I don't see how we're in a position to say the club is wrong on this one.

What the fuck are you on about? I don't watch the players train every day, yet I can still tell you that Bony is shit. I have an opinion on football based on what I have seen during my lifetime. In my opinion we have dropped a bollock letting him spend another season at Celtic. I have watched half a dozen Celtic games this season just to see Roberts in action - that is enough for me

I think it's pretty clear what I'm on about Freshie.

At the end of his loan deal we get back a 20 year old that has had the benefit of playing senior football consistently over 18 months as opposed to him staying here and maybe getting the odd chance to play every now and again.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby freshie » Mon May 09, 2016 1:22 pm

freshie wrote:
freshie wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:And if he had stayed with us Freshie how many games would he have played against men?

None cos Pellers hardly plays any of the kids. Pep has a reputation for bringing youth through. You've completely missed my point - I want him here for next season, as his loan spell at Celtic has clearly done him the world of good

I haven't missed your point at all.

Perhaps the club feel it's better that he gains more experience of senior football, including CL football before he's ready to step up with us. Without the benefit of watching him on a consistent basis I don't see how we're in a position to say the club is wrong on this one.

What the fuck are you on about? I don't watch the players train every day, yet I can still tell you that Bony is shit. I have an opinion on football based on what I have seen during my lifetime. In my opinion we have dropped a bollock letting him spend another season at Celtic. I have watched half a dozen Celtic games this season just to see Roberts in action - that is enough for me

I think it's pretty clear what I'm on about Freshie.

At the end of his loan deal we get back a 20 year old that has had the benefit of playing senior football consistently over 18 months as opposed to him staying here and maybe getting the odd chance to play every now and again.

And one less season to work under Pep, meaning only 2 years with him.
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed May 11, 2016 6:24 pm

freshie wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
freshie wrote:
gillie wrote:I really hope we bring some youth through next season because throwing money around has done fuck all good the last 2 seasons imo.

One of the brightest talents we have is on loan for next season at some scottish club. Well done City!

Is he? What did he do at City before going to celtic to deserve being called one of the brightest talents we've got? Genuine question. I am on the other side of the world here and don't get to see that much of the kids' teams.

He's tearing it up at Celtic, and just got voted Scottish player of the month. That would suggest he has some talent. And yes I know the Scottish league is nowhere near as good as the Prem but he can only beat what is in front of him

I didn't ask about what he's done at Celtic.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed May 11, 2016 7:36 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
freshie wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
freshie wrote:
gillie wrote:I really hope we bring some youth through next season because throwing money around has done fuck all good the last 2 seasons imo.

One of the brightest talents we have is on loan for next season at some scottish club. Well done City!

Is he? What did he do at City before going to celtic to deserve being called one of the brightest talents we've got? Genuine question. I am on the other side of the world here and don't get to see that much of the kids' teams.

He's tearing it up at Celtic, and just got voted Scottish player of the month. That would suggest he has some talent. And yes I know the Scottish league is nowhere near as good as the Prem but he can only beat what is in front of him

I didn't ask about what he's done at Celtic.

He was given no chance to impress in Citys first team mate even though he was dazzling it in the EDS , he did dazzle for his previous team though which is why we fuckign bought him in the first instance !!! for some fuckign reason pellegrini never gave him the time of day.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby MilnersJaw » Wed May 11, 2016 9:14 pm

Won't deyner or what ever the fuck he's called return from loan and be used in defence. Money saved there to replace kompany.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Socrates » Thu May 12, 2016 6:10 am

From what we've been hearing, Denayer has been better when deployed as a right back in Turkey, more likely he will fill a squad hole there.

Can I just point out that when Hughes left everyone applauded because Mancini would play the kids. When Mancini left everyone applauded because Pellegrini would be bound to play more kids. Now people are saying Pep will be better at that as he is good at bringing through youth. Everyone seems to miss the fact that Pep has brought through youth in leagues where over half the teams would struggle to get out of the Championship here. You can afford to bring through youth when you are playing vastly inferior teams. When do you get the chance to take that sort of punt in the Prem? At most you'll have one or two real strugglers that are so far below par you could field a slightly weaker team and still be confident. They aren't always obvious though so you may have already played them once before you've worked that out. So that leaves 1 or 2 games a season where you can maybe experiment. Compared to 20-30 games a season in Spain or Germany. Needs to be an exceptional talent to break through, like nacho.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby john@staustell » Thu May 12, 2016 7:59 am

Staggers me how every fucker thinks the club has some hidden agenda in depriving the first team of world-beating youngsters, and have no clue what they are doing. Maybe they are all scum agents eh? They had a look at Roberts and sent him on loan, end of story. I think we would've preferred just one season but they wouldn't do it. No need to cry about it, my old mother would do well in Scotland.

Denayer is another one. Hardly any fucker has seen him play - except for one lousy game agaist Real Madrid - yet apparently he's put forward as a world class centre back and another 'saviour' to add to the long list.

Another thing - the extra income, the precarious situation at UEFA and Scudamore hinting that premier FFP would be a dead duck when it came around again, all suggest that it's not a worry of any shape or form. It's a bit of a worry that nearly all the squad are heading for zimmer frames, so with some clever buys, hopefully somebody from the youth set up - outclassed by Chelsea again - will be good enough to come through.

Having watched the new great hope, Diaz, give the ball away innumerable times, somehow I doubt it.

EDIT - Socs - agree entirely, just read that
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Wooders » Thu May 12, 2016 9:28 am

Express reporting today we're under investigation into the transfer of someone below 15 years old. Could result in a 2 window ban
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Scatman » Thu May 12, 2016 9:53 am

Wooders wrote:Express reporting today we're under investigation into the transfer of someone below 15 years old. Could result in a 2 window ban

Was that while AJ was still playing for us?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum