£300 Million

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

£300 Million

Postby City64 » Sun May 08, 2016 8:12 pm

Sheik Monsour reportedly / rumour mill has given Pep £300 million to spend this summer .......
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: £300 Million

Postby sheblue » Sun May 08, 2016 8:13 pm

Not being in the CL will mean having to pay way over the odds, again. Will 300 do it.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby City64 » Sun May 08, 2016 8:16 pm

sheblue wrote:Not being in the CL will mean having to pay way over the odds, again. Will 300 do it.

Yepp sort of counter balances everything if we don't qualify for the CL .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun May 08, 2016 9:18 pm

Paper bullshit. Don't forget we have to meet the requirements of both UEFA and PL, which will be even harder if we don't make the CL.

Time for the scouts to do their jobs and find us the next Mahrez and Kante rather than having a look on FIFA16 and suggesting the highest rated players
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Feed The Goat » Sun May 08, 2016 9:46 pm

If he doesn't win everything within 6 months some of you lot will be kicking off
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby phips » Mon May 09, 2016 3:39 am

yes lets just throw more cash at the problem
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby gillie » Mon May 09, 2016 6:38 am

I really hope we bring some youth through next season because throwing money around has done fuck all good the last 2 seasons imo.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Mase » Mon May 09, 2016 6:57 am

gillie wrote:I really hope we bring some youth through next season because throwing money around has done fuck all good the last 2 seasons imo.

Apart from Kev.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby freshie » Mon May 09, 2016 11:21 am

gillie wrote:I really hope we bring some youth through next season because throwing money around has done fuck all good the last 2 seasons imo.

One of the brightest talents we have is on loan for next season at some scottish club. Well done City!
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon May 09, 2016 12:21 pm

freshie wrote:

One of the brightest talents we have is on loan for next season at some scottish club. Well done City!

Is he? What did he do at City before going to celtic to deserve being called one of the brightest talents we've got? Genuine question. I am on the other side of the world here and don't get to see that much of the kids' teams.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 09, 2016 12:25 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
freshie wrote:

Is he? What did he do at City before going to celtic to deserve being called one of the brightest talents we've got? Genuine question. I am on the other side of the world here and don't get to see that much of the kids' teams.

Largely failed to impress with the EDS.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon May 09, 2016 12:29 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
freshie wrote:

That is what I had read on here and heard elsewhere, but I have no first-hand information to go off, which is why I am asking.

Perhaps he thinks the EDS is beneath him. Dunno.

Perhaps he gets better when the games get bigger. That would be useful.

I do think though that a few games standing out at celtic doesn't make him ready to replace Dave Silva just yet.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby freshie » Mon May 09, 2016 12:46 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
freshie wrote:

He's tearing it up at Celtic, and just got voted Scottish player of the month. That would suggest he has some talent. And yes I know the Scottish league is nowhere near as good as the Prem but he can only beat what is in front of him
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby freshie » Mon May 09, 2016 12:47 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
freshie wrote:

That is what I had read on here and heard elsewhere, but I have no first-hand information to go off, which is why I am asking.

Perhaps he thinks the EDS is beneath him. Dunno.

Perhaps he gets better when the games get bigger. That would be useful.

I do think though that a few games standing out at celtic doesn't make him ready to replace Dave Silva just yet.

Who said anything about replacing Silva? There is nobody in our academy capable of doing that yet. However, he could give replace Navas and give Sterling some competition
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 09, 2016 12:49 pm

freshie wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
freshie wrote:

He's tearing it up at Celtic, and just got voted Scottish player of the month. That would suggest he has some talent. And yes I know the Scottish league is nowhere near as good as the Prem but he can only beat what is in front of him

It was only a couple of weeks ago he was getting slagged off for missing an absolute sitter in the cup semi-final against Rangers.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby freshie » Mon May 09, 2016 12:54 pm

freshie wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
freshie wrote:

It was only a couple of weeks ago he was getting slagged off for missing an absolute sitter in the cup semi-final against Rangers.

I don't remember anyone slagging him off. I certainly didn't. I've seen Aguero miss an absolute sitter - the best players in the world do - doesn't mean he is shit

Watch on youtube.com

And he only spent 6 months with the EDS and had a couple of injuries during that time. It seemed to me that when he did make his return he was too eager to impress. He is now playing against men not boys and more than holding his own
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 09, 2016 12:55 pm

And if he had stayed with us Freshie how many games would he have played against men?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby freshie » Mon May 09, 2016 12:58 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:And if he had stayed with us Freshie how many games would he have played against men?

None cos Pellers hardly plays any of the kids. Pep has a reputation for bringing youth through. You've completely missed my point - I want him here for next season, as his loan spell at Celtic has clearly done him the world of good
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 09, 2016 1:04 pm

freshie wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:And if he had stayed with us Freshie how many games would he have played against men?

None cos Pellers hardly plays any of the kids. Pep has a reputation for bringing youth through. You've completely missed my point - I want him here for next season, as his loan spell at Celtic has clearly done him the world of good

I haven't missed your point at all.

Perhaps the club feel it's better that he gains more experience of senior football, including CL football before he's ready to step up with us. Without the benefit of watching him on a consistent basis I don't see how we're in a position to say the club is wrong on this one.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby freshie » Mon May 09, 2016 1:11 pm

freshie wrote:

I haven't missed your point at all.

Perhaps the club feel it's better that he gains more experience of senior football, including CL football before he's ready to step up with us. Without the benefit of watching him on a consistent basis I don't see how we're in a position to say the club is wrong on this one.

What the fuck are you on about? I don't watch the players train every day, yet I can still tell you that Bony is shit. I have an opinion on football based on what I have seen during my lifetime. In my opinion we have dropped a bollock letting him spend another season at Celtic. I have watched half a dozen Celtic games this season just to see Roberts in action - that is enough for me
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum