***CITY v Gooners*** Match day thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***CITY v Gooners*** Match day thread

Postby Sparklehorse » Sun May 08, 2016 5:42 pm

One thing to consider is that if the Rags lose at West Ham which is not overly optimistic, a draw at the Swans would suffice due to our far superior goal difference.
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby Slim » Sun May 08, 2016 5:49 pm

1 win in 14 against top 8 this season. Leslie got sacked for less.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Sun May 08, 2016 6:18 pm

Ray78 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Ray78 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Ray78 wrote:The players are equally to blame for this season. They are just as clueless as the departing manager.

They are indeed, but who fuckign brought them in ??!!

Two DoF and two managers.

Who brought in the 2 fuckign muppets in defense and the idiot upfront ? Ill give you a clue..it wasnt Mancini.!!

Who appointed Yaya as vice captain? Who brought in both Kolarov and Clichy along with Savic and to some extent Nastasic and got rid of Boateng after one season? Yes Pellegrini should of addressed the Yaya issue when he first started work and is responsible for organising the defence but Mancini is also responsible for the leadership issues when Kompany is out for long periods of the season (he hung the previous manager to dry against Southampton).

Every chance that Savic will play in the CL final.

As for the Chairman , you bet i wouldn't fall shy about telling him about the tossers from Spain. He is, after all the puppet for the real owner.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby zuricity » Sun May 08, 2016 6:18 pm

Ray78 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Ray78 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Ray78 wrote:The players are equally to blame for this season. They are just as clueless as the departing manager.

They are indeed, but who fuckign brought them in ??!!

Two DoF and two managers.

Who brought in the 2 fuckign muppets in defense and the idiot upfront ? Ill give you a clue..it wasnt Mancini.!!

Who appointed Yaya as vice captain? Who brought in both Kolarov and Clichy along with Savic and to some extent Nastasic and got rid of Boateng after one season? Yes Pellegrini should of addressed the Yaya issue when he first started work and is responsible for organising the defence but Mancini is also responsible for the leadership issues when Kompany is out for long periods of the season (he hung the previous manager to dry against Southampton).

Every chance that Savic will play in the CL final.

As for the Chairman , you bet i wouldn't fall shy about telling him about the tossers from Spain. He is, after all the puppet for the real owner.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Ray78 » Sun May 08, 2016 6:24 pm

And yet the previous coach couldn't quite the very best out of the player along with Boateng. And yes lets blame Sheikh Mansour as well for appointing those "tossers" from Spain to carry out his vision.
Last edited by Ray78 on Sun May 08, 2016 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ray78
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Erm.......

Postby blues2win » Sun May 08, 2016 6:24 pm

Over half the scum fans on an Internet poll would prefer to lose fourth spot and replace van Gaal with Mourinho next season!
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby zuricity » Sun May 08, 2016 6:30 pm

Ray78 wrote:And yet the previous coach couldn't quite the very best out of the player along with Boateng. And yes lets blame Sheikh Mansour as well for appointing those "tossers" from Spain to carry out his vision.

Well who else do you really want to blame for setting the club backwards ? where Europa league , inspite of all the investments,is most likely ?
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Sun May 08, 2016 6:30 pm

Ray78 wrote:And yet the previous coach couldn't quite the very best out of the player along with Boateng. And yes lets blame Sheikh Mansour as well for appointing those "tossers" from Spain to carry out his vision.

Boateng is one of the worst defenders and probably on par for being a coward with Nigel Clough. He was turd at City. Any manager would have fucked him off. But Mancini didn't. Boateng WANTED to go back to Germany.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby zuricity » Sun May 08, 2016 6:32 pm

Mase wrote:

Boateng is one of the worst defenders and probably on par for being a coward with Nigel Clough. He was turd at City. Any manager would have fucked him off. But Mancini didn't. Boateng WANTED to go back to Germany.

The WANTED is very accurate. He has however improved as a player at Bayern.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Sun May 08, 2016 6:40 pm

What happened for the corner that led to Arsenal's first goal today? From the third tier it looked like Clichy just needlessly headed it back to Hart, then Hart reacted as if it were a bomb and wouldn't go near it?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Ray78 » Sun May 08, 2016 6:41 pm

zuricity wrote:

Well who else do you really want to blame for setting the club backwards ? where Europa league , inspite of all the investments,is most likely ?

We took a gamble in keeping Pellegrini for this season and it hasn't paid off.While there has only been a few positives It isn't terminal by any stretch and next season we should be more competitive on both fronts And with us playing in the Europa League hasn't done the likes of Chelsea, Atletico Madrid and Bayern any harm either .
Last edited by Ray78 on Sun May 08, 2016 7:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ray78

Postby Florida Blue » Sun May 08, 2016 6:45 pm

Mase wrote:What happened for the corner that led to Arsenal's first goal today? From the third tier it looked like Clichy just needlessly headed it back to Hart, then Hart reacted as if it were a bomb and wouldn't go near it?

Clichy should have turned it out, instead he headed it back across goal and Hart just couldn't get to it. I would say fortunately it glanced off the post, but we know the outcome.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby zuricity » Sun May 08, 2016 6:50 pm

Mase wrote:What happened for the corner that led to Arsenal's first goal today? From the third tier it looked like Clichy just needlessly headed it back to Hart, then Hart reacted as if it were a bomb and wouldn't go near it?

Clichy headed back to Joe ,towards the goal instead of away from the goal .
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Ray78 » Sun May 08, 2016 6:53 pm

It was Clichy's mistake but it didn't excuse the defending from the resulting corner. I have no trouble if Mangala was given a chance under Guardiola next season but he just too inconsistent.
Ray78

Postby Cocacolajojo » Sun May 08, 2016 7:10 pm

I think Hart was equally culpable though.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby Ray78 » Sun May 08, 2016 7:12 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:I think Hart was equally culpable though.

It was Clichy's poor header and our fantastic marking imo.
Ray78

Postby Cocacolajojo » Sun May 08, 2016 7:15 pm

Ray78 wrote:

It was Clichy's poor heading and our fantastic marking imo.

Hart had nothing to do with the goal but Clichy's header is just one of several mistakes over the season that shows that Hart isn't communicating good enough with his defence.

Mind, it's not as bad as against Newcastle in 2007 when Hart almost kicked the ball into his own goal. Now that was nerve-racking.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby Ray78 » Sun May 08, 2016 7:31 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:
Ray78 wrote:

It was Clichy's poor heading and our fantastic marking imo.

Hart had nothing to do with the goal but Clichy's header is just one of several mistakes over the season that shows that Hart isn't communicating good enough with his defence.

Mind, it's not as bad as against Newcastle in 2007 when Hart almost kicked the ball into his own goal. Now that was nerve-racking.

I have been a critic of Hart and he has made mistakes this season and isn't untouchable but he is the least of our current problems and may end up Captain next season.
Ray78

Postby City64 » Sun May 08, 2016 7:58 pm

Fuck all to do with Hart , fucking diabolical goal bound header with too much pace on it from clichy . We were playing fantastic upto that point in control and the fucking idiot comes up with that shite piece of defending ???? then Mangala does what Mangala does every game and makes one huge howler . Keystone cops defending yet again = trademark Pellegrini managerial reign !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Swales4ever » Mon May 09, 2016 8:10 pm

Gettin into last week's two big games I felt, rispectively, reasonably and very highly confident.
I was having matured the understanding that, over the interregnum, the Team have been granted a lovely intertainment

together with the allowance to run it on their own. Hence I was saying to myself, when big things are at stake, they have

usually manned up.
The more I think about the Chumps shamefull misery, the more I get convinced that they have lost the plot upon the Barnabeu

effect, along with the huge absence of Silva and the probable self.imposed start of the Yaya's ghost.

as far as yesterday pivotal league game, there was no doubt, in my mind, that they would have took off the shakles the way

they had and trashed the serial bottlers.
then happened what I can't fail to borrow Ron's priceless definition:
    Original Dub wrote: that 3 step brain fart involving clichy, Hart and mangala
starting from an experienced and skilled fullback, like Clichy, deciding to drop the bullox where he was not sure his keeper was, instead of applying the letter of page 1 of the manual of defence and make a lateral clearance.
that was the closest reminder of "Typical City" to me, since the developing of the thriller vs QPR, and the key moment of a game where we were having the Gooners, which undermined the confidence of their free flowing anarchic attacking with little clues of a tactical unity.

all in all, a proper ephitome of the last two seasons, now resulting in having to rely on Villa to avoid Pep to challange for the Mickey Mouse pot (no wonder, on way or another rags will be awarded the last 6 pts.).

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum