"we've won a trophy"

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

"we've won a trophy"

Postby Mase » Fri May 06, 2016 6:35 am

Can people stop using that as a reason to 'prove' we've had an alright season and our fans shouldn't complain.

In a couple of weeks Liverpool and the rags will have a won a trophy as well, and we've probably won the worst one out of them all.

So can we stop using 'yeh but we've won a trophy' now!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: "we've won a trophy"

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri May 06, 2016 6:57 am

Mase wrote:Can people stop using that as a reason to 'prove' we've had an alright season and our fans shouldn't complain.

In a couple of weeks Liverpool and the rags will have a won a trophy as well, and we've probably won the worst one out of them all.

We won the prem as well which some fans deem good enough to give the manager a complete bye for all the shite hes dished up, more often than not, since then.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Fri May 06, 2016 7:02 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:Can people stop using that as a reason to 'prove' we've had an alright season and our fans shouldn't complain.

We won the prem as well which some fans deem good enough to give the manager a complete bye for all the shite hes dished up, more often than not, since then.

Leicester have just won the Premier as well. It seems when we won it people went on that Pellers was something special. What about Ranieri?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 am

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Fri May 06, 2016 7:09 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Image

You better be staying behind on Sunday to clap the players! I want a free run from the car park to home!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Fri May 06, 2016 7:14 am

Couldn't agree more. The last two seasons have been a huge disappointment.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri May 06, 2016 8:22 am

only a sandal wearing, vegetarian, campfire singsong loving, guardian reading cunt could say that we have had a good season.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby MUS » Fri May 06, 2016 8:26 am

Chill out.

Everything is fine
CENTURIONS
MUS
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri May 06, 2016 9:08 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:only a sandal wearing, vegetarian, campfire singsong loving, guardian reading cunt could say that we have had a good season.

Bob is leading that race.....not even a fuckign foto finish.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby ruralblue » Fri May 06, 2016 9:13 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:only a sandal wearing, vegetarian, campfire singsong loving, guardian reading cunt could say that we have had a good season.

Am not a vegetarian man!
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri May 06, 2016 9:34 am

It's not finished yet.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Original Dub » Fri May 06, 2016 12:01 pm

We had a poor premier league season.
We had the FA Cup taken from us from the FA.
We had an excellent Champions League
We had a perfect League Cup.

Facts. They can be a real kick in the bollox sometimes.

Don't get me wrong, I want the premier league above everything else, but teams and managers get measured on a club's progress. We have won three trophies and got the semi finals of the champions league.

If anyone thinks that happened with a clueless manager, then there is obviously no need really for a manager at all.
Original Dub

Postby Original Dub » Fri May 06, 2016 12:05 pm

By the way, most teams in recent times became semi finalists and then even finalists before they eventually won the champions league. It's like a rite of passage and certainly points towards taking experience and building on it.

We have progressed in every competition except for the FA Cup under Pellegrini (League cup twice, premier league with record points/goals & semi finals of the champions league).

As long as we are progressing, I won't be carrying on like a spoilt child.
Original Dub

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Fri May 06, 2016 12:23 pm

Original Dub wrote:By the way, most teams in recent times became semi finalists and then even finalists before they eventually won the champions league. It's like a rite of passage and certainly points towards taking experience and building on it.

We have progressed in every competition except for the FA Cup under Pellegrini (League cup twice, premier league with record points/goals & semi finals of the champions league).

That's a solid post mate.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri May 06, 2016 12:34 pm

some of you cunts are so thick that you make carl look intelligent.
it's not all about results / progress
the gripes are about the half arsed performances that are being put in on an all too frequent basis. the players look like they don't fucking care and that is indefensible.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Mase » Fri May 06, 2016 12:47 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:some of you cunts are so thick that you make carl look intelligent.
the gripes are about the half arsed performances that are being put in on an all too frequent basis. the players look like they don't fucking care and that is indefensible.

I'm glad someone else understands.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri May 06, 2016 12:48 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:some of you cunts are so thick that you make carl look intelligent.

That's all based on perception though isn't it?

Against Southampton it looked to me like they didn't care but against Madrid they all look like they cared, bar one, yet you and many others suggested they didn't.

And this notion that all our players cared when we were shit is up there with the biggest load of crap I've ever read on here.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby london blue 2 » Fri May 06, 2016 12:54 pm

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Original Dub wrote:By the way, most teams in recent times became semi finalists and then even finalists before they eventually won the champions league. It's like a rite of passage and certainly points towards taking experience and building on it.

We have not beaten a top six team all season. Smashed by spurs dippers stoke and Leicester. Beat by the worst scum team in premier league history. I just cant call that successful or progression.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri May 06, 2016 12:58 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

We have not beaten a top six team all season. Smashed by spurs dippers stoke and Leicester. Beat by the worst scum team in premier league history. I just cant call that successful or progression.

Why do City fans keep saying we were battered in the tottenham games? We were fucking fiddled.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby bigblue » Fri May 06, 2016 1:45 pm

We did win a trophy though. And City winning trophies is still a new thing for me, so I don't yet take them for granted.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum