staying behind on Sunday

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: staying behind on Sunday

Postby Tueart's Pen » Mon May 09, 2016 4:06 am

It looked a bit like can you please turn the lights off as you leave, Pellers!
Tueart's Pen
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Dennis Tueart

Postby Hazy2 » Mon May 09, 2016 7:40 am

I stayed as my lad and my nephew were with me, I took the view you have to show the next gen its not just about the glory. as City we are well versed in watching crap. Walking out early or after is the worst thing about being a blue, thousands do it every home game. For those who walked out 50,000 You loaded the media gun this morning and have the neck to moan and post about the shit we get.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon May 09, 2016 7:55 am

I went to city square after the match and gave the club more money.

I had every right to go and get a pint if i so wished they should have done the speeches there.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby City64 » Mon May 09, 2016 8:52 am

Hazy2 wrote:I stayed as my lad and my nephew were with me, I took the view you have to show the next gen its not just about the glory. as City we are well versed in watching crap. Walking out early or after is the worst thing about being a blue, thousands do it every home game. For those who walked out 50,000 You loaded the media gun this morning and have the neck to moan and post about the shit we get.

Fuck the media ! They throw any shite at us without any excuse every day of the week . 90% of city fans are deflated and frustrated , this season has gone horribly wrong no matter how the club try to spin it and paper over the cracks . No way was I clapping some of them under performing players earning millions , in fact it could have got nasty so best so many fucked off tbh !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 09, 2016 8:55 am

Are fans more upset that we've underachieved or that it looks likely that the rags will finish above us?

Genuine question.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby City64 » Mon May 09, 2016 8:58 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Are fans more upset that we've underachieved or that it looks likely that the rags will finish above us?

Genuine question.

Both pal big time . The rag fans smell blood and we will be laughing stock big time . The whole premier league campaign has been an utter shambles apart from the glorious first 5 games .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon May 09, 2016 9:03 am

I am mega disappointed the way the season has gone and no doubt at all Pellegrini has played a major part in that with the players (not all ) culpable as well. Still didn't stop me staying behind because they are my team and deserve/need my support. Fully understand those who didn't stay, its a personal choice but if nothing else the under 18's were on parade and they certainly deserve our support and applause.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon May 09, 2016 9:21 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Are fans more upset that we've underachieved or that it looks likely that the rags will finish above us?

Genuine question.

Oh how everyone laughed at United and their Start,LVG a clown,look at their players,ho ho ho.

Who's laughing now? LVG has mugged everyone off going about his job.
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 09, 2016 9:28 am

lets all have a disco wrote:

Genuine question.

Oh how everyone laughed at United and their Start,LVG a clown,look at their players,ho ho ho.

How has he mugged everyone off? They have seriously under performed too regardless of whether they get top 4 or not.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon May 09, 2016 9:35 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Genuine question.

How has he mugged everyone off? They have seriously under performed too regardless of whether they get top 4 or not.

Do you want me to point you to that smug laughing thread on here.
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 09, 2016 9:41 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Genuine question.

Do you want me to point you to that smug laughing thread on here.

Point away it still doesn't take away from the fact that they've underachieved too.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Grandad Rosler » Mon May 09, 2016 9:43 am

I think that we had a right to do whatever the funk we see fit. Those that stay and clap great, those that left entirely a personal choice.

To me there is a difference clapping the team off from when we shit to clapping them off now. I don't agree in the slightest with those suggesting that it's down to fans being spoilt, or not supporting the team through thick and thin.

I think we have to expect a little bit more from say a twenty - forty million pound player than a journeyman free transfer at the end of their career. Some of the performances this year have been shocking given the level of personnel we now employ
Grandad Rosler
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Andy Morrison

Postby kippax76 » Mon May 09, 2016 9:50 am

I think its unfair to blame Pellegrini cod the rug was really pulled from under him when Pep was appointed. Always hard to motivate players when you are a lame duck manager. Not his fault. The club sacrificed this season to get Pep in for the future. I just hope they're right, though. Pep is used to managing dominant teams in shite leagues. Also Bayern had just done the Treble when he took over. All they've won since is the German league which is shit. So he might not be the answer. The players should have ben able to motivate themselves. Its a disgrace that they didn't. Maybe Simeone is what we need...not Pep.
kippax76
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 09, 2016 9:51 am

Hope that wasn't the last time we see Silva on the Etihad pitch, it would be a shame if that lack of appreciation on show was his last memory of the stadium where he provided so many magical moments.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Sister of fu » Mon May 09, 2016 9:55 am

Typical city alive and well.

We will never ever rid ourselves of this tag. We just can't get things right. For the money we have spent we are a shambles of a team. We should be doing so much better.

The two leagues we have won have been a tad fortunate to say the least, while I sit and watch the likes of Leicester run away with it. What the fuck?

Man City are one of lives great mysteries? Do any of us actually know what's wrong with them? No mental strength, not fit enough, poor leadership, not arsed, too old, don't care? I give up trying to second guess them. I'm fuming and will be for a couple of weeks until the dust settles.

I don't think Pep realised when he took the job just how big it is. He has a huge job on his hands to sort this bunch of frauds out. Feel really let down by them and hope some can prove me wrong next season.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Hazy2 » Mon May 09, 2016 10:00 am

City64 wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:I stayed as my lad and my nephew were with me, I took the view you have to show the next gen its not just about the glory. as City we are well versed in watching crap. Walking out early or after is the worst thing about being a blue, thousands do it every home game. For those who walked out 50,000 You loaded the media gun this morning and have the neck to moan and post about the shit we get.

Fuck the media ! They throw any shite at us without any excuse every day of the week . 90% of city fans are deflated and frustrated , this season has gone horribly wrong no matter how the club try to spin it and paper over the cracks . No way was I clapping some of them under performing players earning millions , in fact it could have got nasty so best so many fucked off tbh !

I agree fuck the media, to me that is not the point, our last home game and a chance to stay behind loud and proud , Ok the players have under performed big time, Stay and give it them then ! The fans have had a mare the atmosphere has been shite more often than not. I think us all there doing the poznan would have pissed all over the media who have had it all there own way. Just my thoughts in a season I have stopped going to most away games as we have taken the piss. I get it, I just do not see how the walk out is anything but crap.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon May 09, 2016 10:05 am

Hazy2 wrote:
City64 wrote:

I agree fuck the media, to me that is not the point, our last home game and a chance to stay behind loud and proud , Ok the players have under performed big time, Stay and give it them then ! The fans have had a mare the atmosphere has been shite more often than not. I think us all there doing the poznan would have pissed all over the media who have had it all there own way. Just my thoughts in a season I have stopped going to most away games as we have taken the piss. I get it, I just do not see how the walk out is anything but crap.

So if 50,000 had stayed and 'given it them', by which I assume you mean vent your anger, are you saying it wouldn't have been treated any differently either by the media, or by the players/manager?

The argument against those who leave early during games, goes that leaving early is disrespectful to the team's efforts. If that view holds water, walking out and leaving them to an empty stadium is surely the perfect way to show just how fucked off the fans are with their gutless shit this season.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Feed The Goat » Mon May 09, 2016 10:09 am

The walk out in my eyes was crap. Yesterday wasn't just about this season it was about showing pellers our appreciaton for the 3 trophies he delivered. Also when the likes of Yaya could be leaving after bringing us so many good times during his spell at the club the right thing to do was to say thank you and goodbye
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby bigblue » Mon May 09, 2016 10:14 am

Huge embarrassment for the club, and extremely disrespectful To Pellegrini. Just a bit depressing really

Look up his send off to Malaga to see what a disgrace our fans have become:

Watch on youtube.com

I think this comment from elsewhere sums it up pretty well:

I'm a Man City fan. I've been one for over 30 years; was going in the third tier and am still going now. I'm extremely concerned with how our fanbase is changing.

And to stop the lazy stereotypes before they start, this isn't a tourist/gloryhunters thing. This is happening to people who were also in the third tier.

I think we're suffering from what is the real hangover from the takeover. Since 2008, we have bought our way to the top and failure was never punished. Because we didn't grow organically, we didn't fail. All we did was succeed the whole time.

Due to this, our fanbase has now become absolutely ridiculously entitled. Some people are saying that finishing 5th would be "a disaster", that the manager was "a fraud" and the players "shit".

To put this into context, finishing 5th would represent the joint 6th highest ever finish in the history of the Premier League for City.

"a disaster"..

What we're seeing now is a lesson to all of you rich parents out there. If you give your children everything they want when they're growing up, as soon as something doesn't go their way they turn into spoilt brats.

Over the past several months I've become more and more ashamed of our fanbase; something that I could have never envisaged myself ever saying in my lifetime. Our fanbase were why I felt so connected to City and to see this evolve into spoilt children throwing their toys out of the pram at our 6th highest ever finish is deeply disappointing.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon May 09, 2016 10:18 am

The only voice the average City fan has these days is at the ground, as the club doesn't talk to us and players and management no longer visit supporters clubs. So walking out lets everybody at the club know what those fans think. You can tell by the faces on the chairman, manager et al that they were shocked, which tells you all you need to know (whatever the legitimacy of the fans discontent).
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum