staying behind on Sunday

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: staying behind on Sunday

Postby freshie » Mon May 09, 2016 12:41 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Full on civil war here.

We only sing when when we're winning.

You could inflame it even more by asking some more stupid questions ,like is anyone really really upset that the rags could end the season above us ?.......or have you asked that one already ?

PMSL
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 09, 2016 12:41 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:The majority of CITY fans have spoken , thats why 90% of our game attending fans walked out...and so would I of done.

Pellegrini has been poor all season and the warning signs were there the previous season , never learned from his mistakes even though the penny dropped long ago.......missing out on the CL (Probably) is a disgrace in itself with our resourses - to think he was left a Premier winning team by Mancini and has steadily made us worse, is in itself, unacceptable.

Bayern Munich and Man City told the world of the managerial changes..........BM won their league ,in the final of their cup , SF CL...and lets be clear, their football was a fuckign joy to watch even though they lost out on goal difference , so for the fans who like to point to this as the reason why we we have been shite is complete nonsense.

He took over a team who had mounted a feeble defence of a title and failed to get beyond the group stage in CL yet again. This is not a defence of Pellegrini but let's not make stuff up eh?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Hazy2 » Mon May 09, 2016 12:45 pm

If we had won would more stayed ?
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 09, 2016 12:46 pm

freshie wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

You could inflame it even more by asking some more stupid questions ,like is anyone really really upset that the rags could end the season above us ?.......or have you asked that one already ?

PMSL

You need learn how to read Carl.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon May 09, 2016 12:53 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
freshie wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

PMSL

You need learn how to read Carl.

This coming from Adrian mole..........
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon May 09, 2016 12:54 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:The majority of CITY fans have spoken , thats why 90% of our game attending fans walked out...and so would I of done.

Pellegrini has been poor all season and the warning signs were there the previous season , never learned from his mistakes even though the penny dropped long ago.......missing out on the CL (Probably) is a disgrace in itself with our resourses - to think he was left a Premier winning team by Mancini and has steadily made us worse, is in itself, unacceptable.

Bayern Munich and Man City told the world of the managerial changes..........BM won their league ,in the final of their cup , SF CL...and lets be clear, their football was a fuckign joy to watch even though they lost out on goal difference , so for the fans who like to point to this as the reason why we we have been shite is complete nonsense.

He took over a team who had mounted a feeble defence of a title and failed to get beyond the group stage in CL yet again. This is not a defence of Pellegrini but let's not make stuff up eh?

No, he took a team over who had been in open revolt against a manager for several months of the previous season, and he reaped the benefits of treating the players like human beings in his first year. He then put up an equally poor title challenge as Mancini in his 2nd year despite no open revolt, and frankly performances were largely a joke in his 3rd.

I don't see anything in Pellegrini's achievements that Brendan Rodgers or anyone else we ridicule couldn't have done, the players' talent and discretionary effort got him through these 3 years, and whenever the talent couldn't be arsed, he was fucked - very limited manager and hardly ever made us more than the sum of the parts, mostly the opposite in fact.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 09, 2016 12:58 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:

No, he took a team over who had been in open revolt against a manager for several months of the previous season, and he reaped the benefits of treating the players like human beings in his first year. He then put up an equally poor title challenge as Mancini in his 2nd year despite no open revolt, and frankly performances were largely a joke in his 3rd.

I don't see anything in Pellegrini's achievements that Brendan Rodgers or anyone else we ridicule couldn't have done, the players' talent and discretionary effort got him through these 3 years, and whenever the talent couldn't be arsed, he was fucked - very limited manager and hardly ever made us more than the sum of the parts, mostly the opposite in fact.

There's no No about it Sparty, what I said was a fact regardless of context.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby MonchengladbachBlau » Mon May 09, 2016 1:01 pm

BBC national TV Sports news thought that pictures of the small number of fans who stayed behind was the most important sports news of the weekend and of course Silly Sally Nugent delightedly announced this with her obligatory anti City smirk across her horse face,
MonchengladbachBlau
Negouai's Red Cards

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby freshie » Mon May 09, 2016 1:02 pm

He won the title with a squad built by his predecessor and then made a complete balls up of defending that title.
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon May 09, 2016 1:05 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:

Regardless of Context ????........you are the site TIT without a shadow of a doubt.The whole picture tells a story , not a fucking portion of it.......you should pair up with JF, you could be a double act.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby freshie » Mon May 09, 2016 1:07 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

Regardless of Context ????........you are the site TIT without a shadow of a doubt.The whole picture tells a story , not a fucking portion of it.......you should pair up with JF, you could be a double act.

Or Phips
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 09, 2016 1:11 pm

freshie wrote:

He won the title with a squad built by his predecessor and then made a complete balls up of defending that title.

Hart, Kompany and Zaba were signed before Mancini

Demichelis, Fernandinho, Negredo and Navas all played big parts in that title win too.

But let's give Mancini the credit for Pellegrini's achievement.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 09, 2016 1:12 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

Well then apply context to Pellegrini's failings too, only fair isn't it?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon May 09, 2016 1:14 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:

The point stands that Pellegrini's title defence was just as diabolical as the one you called feeble - if you ignore the context of the revolt, then Pellegrini, based on past actions of the owner in sacking Mancini after a poor title defence, was extremely lucky not to have been sacked last summer. If you add context on both Mancini and Pellegrini, Mancini getting 78 points against a full scale revolt was a fucking miracle looking back, yet the players were openly taking the piss with performances under Pellegrini who achieved 79 with no real headwinds

Likely the only reason he got this season was that Guardiola had agreed to join, which for many of us who wanted him gone last season was the only consolation in the sham of him signing a contract extension.
Last edited by Im_Spartacus on Mon May 09, 2016 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby freshie » Mon May 09, 2016 1:15 pm

freshie wrote:

Demichelis, Fernandinho, Negredo and Navas all played big parts in that title win too.

Silva, Toure and Aguero - arguably our 3 most influential players were Mancini's signings. It was Mancini who sorted the defence out by playing Vinny as CB and overseeing the development of Zaba as the best right back in the world. But hey, let your love of Pellers and your complete lack of understanding of football cloud your judgment
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon May 09, 2016 1:20 pm

It has been written more times than I can remember what his failings are against his successes..............they far outweigh his positives.

50,000 agree.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 09, 2016 1:20 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

The point stands that Pellegrini's title defence was just as diabolical as the one you called feeble - if you ignore the context of the revolt, then Pellegrini, based on past actions of the owner in sacking Mancini after a poor title defence, was extremely lucky not to have been sacked last summer. If you add context on both Mancini and Pellegrini, Mancini getting 78 points against a full scale revolt was a fucking miracle looking back, yet the players were openly taking the piss with performances under Pellegrini who achieved 79 with no real headwinds

Likely the only reason he got this season was that Guardiola had agreed to join, which for many of us who wanted him gone last season was the only consolation in the sham of him signing a contract extension.

Of course that was the only reason, it's obvious.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 09, 2016 1:23 pm

freshie wrote:
freshie wrote:

Silva, Toure and Aguero - arguably our 3 most influential players were Mancini's signings. It was Mancini who sorted the defence out by playing Vinny as CB and overseeing the development of Zaba as the best right back in the world. But hey, let your love of Pellers and your complete lack of understanding of football cloud your judgment

I've no love for Pellers, I have a certain amount of respect him for him though.

As for your last point, now you're just being a dick.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby freshie » Mon May 09, 2016 1:26 pm

No I'm not I just think it's clear that it's pointless debating with a moron. By the way did you stay behind and clap yesterday?
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon May 09, 2016 1:27 pm

freshie wrote:No I'm not I just think it's clear that it's pointless debating with a moron. By the way did you stay behind and clap yesterday?

Please explain what I have said that is moronic?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum