staying behind on Sunday

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: staying behind on Sunday

Postby nottsblue » Sun May 08, 2016 7:13 pm

Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:I stayed. I applauded all of them
I even had the opportunity to shake Jason wilcox by the hand and thank him for his efforts

50,000 didn't like.

That's fair enough. It's their choice. My opinion is that its about the last three seasons as a whole, not just this season. I will always have a soft spot for Pellegrini, like I did for Mancini before him and I hope Pep continues this trend. Managers come and go as do players but the common denominator is the support of the fans. It's my belief we should respect the players and managers who represent our great club when they deserve it. I know that the last six months for some have been a massive let down, myself included, but a good number of the current playing staff are likely to leave the club as are the management team and this was that chance to show appreciation and respect. We have had some great moments over the last few years have we not?

Depends what you'd class as 'great' mate. The season we won the league in Pellers first year was good. Liverpool were our only threat though and their bottle went in the end. It was a decent season, yes. It wasn't great though.

Basically nothing from Pellers these last three years was on the same level as what Mancini brought us, but that's my opinion.

A season where we won the league and scoring over 150 goals in all competitions is not great!
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby freshie » Sun May 08, 2016 7:13 pm

Mase wrote:Apparently hardly any fans there. Around 8k stayed according the Cheesie. He also said if he'd been a fan in the stadium he'd have left on the 90 and not stayed behind.

Hope the players see that and realise what pricks they've been and that we won't be taken for mugs.

Exactly. I couldn't be arsed staying behind after that defensive shambles. Glad to see the back of pellers. Bringing on pony was the final straw
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Cocacolajojo » Sun May 08, 2016 7:14 pm

Mase wrote:
Spurge wrote:Q:Where were we when we were shit!

A: Still behind the team

Q: Where were we when we won the league cup and reached the semi finals of the biggest and toughest competition in Europe.

A: Some were jumping up and down calling the manager a cunt and anyone who didn't agree 'lickers' - whatever that's all about I don't know. Sounds like school playground speak to me and something which id tell my 8 year old to ignore.

Again, it's not about what we've won or not won. See Nige's earlier post.

Alright, so if we had put in the same performance against Real except Fernando doesn't accidentally steer the ball into goal and Agüero's long ball at the end dips at the right moment instead of cruising just above the bar, people would still be equally unhappy? I think not.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby freshie » Sun May 08, 2016 7:16 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:
Mase wrote:

Q: Where were we when we won the league cup and reached the semi finals of the biggest and toughest competition in Europe.

A: Some were jumping up and down calling the manager a cunt and anyone who didn't agree 'lickers' - whatever that's all about I don't know. Sounds like school playground speak to me and something which id tell my 8 year old to ignore.

Alright, so if we had put in the same performance against Real except Fernando doesn't accidentally steer the ball into goal and Agüero's long ball at the end dips at the right moment instead of cruising just above the bar, people would still be equally unhappy? I think not.

But we didn't so it's irrelevant. Coulda, shoulda, woulda
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Cocacolajojo » Sun May 08, 2016 7:20 pm

freshie wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:
Mase wrote:

No it's not irrelevant because people are saying it's not a result issue. I say it is. In case you missed it, Real only scored one goal on their home arena. It's not like they battered us and had a zillion amazing chances like Barca at Nou Camp last season.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby freshie » Sun May 08, 2016 7:21 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:
freshie wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:
Mase wrote:

No it's not irrelevant because people are saying it's not a result issue. I say it is. In case you missed it, Real only scored one goal on their home arena. It's not like they battered us and had a zillion amazing chances like Barca at Nou Camp last season.

So if it's not a results issue then it's a performance issue. Well we had 1 shot on target in 180 mins of football. If you think that's acceptable then go and support Villa
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun May 08, 2016 7:22 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:
freshie wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:
Mase wrote:

it's an attitude issue
well done to the 8k happy clappers
presume they all are home now, sitting around a campfire singing kumbaya
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Cocacolajojo » Sun May 08, 2016 7:23 pm

freshie wrote:
So if it's not a results issue then it's a performance issue. Well we had 1 shot on target in 180 mins of football. If you think that's acceptable then go and support Villa

What's wrong with supporting Villa?
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Cocacolajojo » Sun May 08, 2016 7:24 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:it's an attitude issue

I have it on repeat on the surround system.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Wonderwall » Sun May 08, 2016 7:28 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:

Also.known as loyal supporters. Through thick or thin, we follow and support our team whatever happens.

Total spoilt bastards the way some people have acted
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby freshie » Sun May 08, 2016 7:58 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:
freshie wrote:

Nothing. Seems like their ambitions match your own so sounds like a match made in heaven
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Cocacolajojo » Sun May 08, 2016 8:04 pm

freshie wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:
freshie wrote:

Nothing. Seems like their ambitions match your own so sounds like a match made in heaven

Nice!
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby City64 » Sun May 08, 2016 8:05 pm

I fucked off because I needed a beer !

Cant wait for the new era under Pep , cant wait for the passion to return to our football club , cant wait to be in a proper title challenge again ,cant wait for the swagger to return to our team on the pitch .
CTID
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun May 08, 2016 8:23 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:

Also.known as loyal supporters. Through thick or thin, we follow and support our team whatever happens.

Total spoilt bastards the way some people have acted

thick and thin when the players give their all. this lot haven't and it's embarrassing.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun May 08, 2016 8:30 pm

I thought we as a fanbase had a thick skin but with the number of posts I'm reading about people being embarrassed I'm beginning to wonder.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun May 08, 2016 8:37 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I thought we as a fanbase had a thick skin but with the number of posts I'm reading about people being embarrassed I'm beginning to wonder.

fuck all to do with a thick skin
everything to do with being disappointed in a group of players who don't pull the shirt on with pride (in battle)
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun May 08, 2016 8:38 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I thought we as a fanbase had a thick skin but with the number of posts I'm reading about people being embarrassed I'm beginning to wonder.

fuck all to do with a thick skin
everything to do with being disappointed in a group of players who don't pull the shirt on with pride (in battle)

I'm disappointed too, find me a City fan that isn't.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby halnone » Sun May 08, 2016 10:59 pm

not a good look.
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon May 09, 2016 12:20 am

Pellegrini and some of the players got the exact send off they deserved.

They can all fuck off out of my club......lifes a fuckign misery right now and will get even worse if the fuckign MUNCHENS end the season , not only above us,but to pip us for the last qualifying position for the CL.

And we have spent all season slagging them off as a shite team who is going down like the Titanic.........what does that make us then????

It makes me want to puke.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby PrezIke » Mon May 09, 2016 12:33 am

It is sad that it had to end this way for Pellegrini.

I think he has handled this all with dignity, and was really in a very tough spot as a manager from the moment the speculation about Pep increased last season. I'm simultaneously grateful and disappointed. It's really tough to judge his tenure fairly because both arguments in support and to criticise hold up. Wenger came forth saying he is widely respected by players and managers in the league, but being the polar opposite of Mancin,i which worked wonders in the first season, seemed to wear off in season two. You could argue the decline was a result of complacency perhaps setting in with some of the same players given long contracts, others aging, injuries piling up regularly of important players, some unwanted players struggling to be sold last summer and lingering, expensive transfers not panning out, a tactical stubbornness to our play, and the rumours of Pep all possibly leading to players to wonder about their future whilst under a manager not known for firing up his teams.

I wish him all the best, and am highly appreciative of the trophies and exciting football we were able to enjoy, especially in the first half of his first season which was pretty much mesmerising to witness. The time has come, and I think he was even in a tough spot as manager from the start given the obvious plans for Pep to come in from the moment Txiki and Soriano joined, and having to work with some players whose mentality could be called into question during their tenure under the last two managers. It's the end of an era in various ways, but I am looking forward to Pep taking us to the next level as he has shown the ability to with Bayern and Barca. Exciting times I believe are ahead in that regard despite the way this season is ending.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum