staying behind on Sunday

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: staying behind on Sunday

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu May 05, 2016 5:36 pm

Detention for the players, eh?
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Thu May 05, 2016 5:48 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Mase wrote:Is anyone actually bothering to stay behind and clap the players on Sunday whilst they do their lap of 'honour'?

I'm certainly not!

Another trophy and a chance to say thanks to pellers for 3 trophies in 3 years including a double whilst the rags have won nothing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_FA_Cup_Final

Don't count your chickens...

If I am correct the FA cup final is 2 weeks after the Arsenal game
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby City64 » Thu May 05, 2016 5:59 pm

20 years ago we got relegated to the domestic third tier . Last night we were one goal away from reaching the Champions League final . Today we are still the number one football club in Manchester .

Some need to have a head wobble . CTID
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Mase » Thu May 05, 2016 6:38 pm

City64 wrote:20 years ago we got relegated to the domestic third tier . Last night we were one goal away from reaching the Champions League final . Today we are still the number one football club in Manchester .

Mate, it's nothing to do with how far we've come or how many trophies we've won. No one is acting spoilt or 'rag like'. They're asking for 100% from the players. That's all. Like I said in the other thread, I miss those players from 20 years ago because they may have been shite, but they gave their all! And that's all you can ask for.

No one is acting spoilt. It's all relative. 20 years ago were completely different times and we were a different club. Why not say "years before that we won a European Cup but last night we didn't get to the final". You can keep going back and back to different times - some good, some bad.

But for the cost of going to a match now, right now this very time, you'd expect the players getting paid millions to do the right thing and put in a shift. That's why I won't be staying behind, because I can't stand half these players and their attitudes.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Thu May 05, 2016 6:39 pm

City64 wrote:20 years ago we got relegated to the domestic third tier . Last night we were one goal away from reaching the Champions League final . Today we are still the number one football club in Manchester .

Each to their own I think mate. I'm very much with you. I've been a fan since probably about 1980 so along with many others have seen some truly shocking times. A derby with Macc Town FFS. I am still of the opinion a season with a pot in it is deemed a good one. A CL semi final? If someone said even a decade ago that would happen I'd have laughed at them. Overall I think we are doing ok. Could and possibly should have better this season, but you know what, I'm still a happy fella in the main.

However, as a club we have progressed enormously since those days and as such the expectations of both the club and some fans alike has changed as well. I don't have a problem with that as we are all different. If folks want to have a go and berate players and management on Sunday then that is their right. They've paid their money, invested time into the club etc so I don't think that's unreasonable for them to show their emotions.

It could be worse, we could have LVG as our manager next season
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby City64 » Thu May 05, 2016 6:52 pm

Mase wrote:

Mate, it's nothing to do with how far we've come or how many trophies we've won. No one is acting spoilt or 'rag like'. They're asking for 100% from the players. That's all. Like I said in the other thread, I miss those players from 20 years ago because they may have been shite, but they gave their all! And that's all you can ask for.

No one is acting spoilt. It's all relative. 20 years ago were completely different times and we were a different club. Why not say "years before that we won a European Cup but last night we didn't get to the final". You can keep going back and back to different times - some good, some bad.

But for the cost of going to a match now, right now this very time, you'd expect the players getting paid millions to do the right thing and put in a shift. That's why I won't be staying behind, because I can't stand half these players and their attitudes.

Mase , a number of players will be leaving this summer there time is done at MCFC , the passion just hasn't been there this season we have all seen that . A new manager that happens to be widely renowned as the best in the world is soon to arrive with new tactics and style of play . Pellegrini is a classy man with dignity but tactically limited , he still deserves a good send off for what he has achieved the last 3 years although this season has been difficult for all us fans . A whole new dawn starts in a couple of weeks it promises to be better than ever and I cant fucking wait ...........
out with the old in with the new CTID
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Thu May 05, 2016 7:01 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Each to their own I think mate. I'm very much with you. I've been a fan since probably about 1980 so along with many others have seen some truly shocking times. A derby with Macc Town FFS. I am still of the opinion a season with a pot in it is deemed a good one. A CL semi final? If someone said even a decade ago that would happen I'd have laughed at them. Overall I think we are doing ok. Could and possibly should have better this season, but you know what, I'm still a happy fella in the main.

However, as a club we have progressed enormously since those days and as such the expectations of both the club and some fans alike has changed as well. I don't have a problem with that as we are all different. If folks want to have a go and berate players and management on Sunday then that is their right. They've paid their money, invested time into the club etc so I don't think that's unreasonable for them to show their emotions.

Absolutely mate .
Something else to digest for everyone ......... Real Madrid aren't as good as the media hype them up to be , technically very good yes but they couldn't put our piss poor efforts and tactics to bed over 2 legs apart from a lucky deflected effort , yet we are getting slaughtered from all angles for not going through to the final ??? Im as disappointed as everyone else but football is all about fine margins at the very highest level and we progressed further than Barcelona ??? We fans are our worst enemies at times I feel by expecting too much all of the time .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu May 05, 2016 7:21 pm

City64 wrote:
Mase wrote:

Mase , a number of players will be leaving this summer there time is done at MCFC , the passion just hasn't been there this season we have all seen that . A new manager that happens to be widely renowned as the best in the world is soon to arrive with new tactics and style of play . Pellegrini is a classy man with dignity but tactically limited , he still deserves a good send off for what he has achieved the last 3 years although this season has been difficult for all us fans . A whole new dawn starts in a couple of weeks it promises to be better than ever and I cant fucking wait ...........

That's how I feel. It's the end of an era, an era that has given us great success. I don't think we have bought well over the last 18 months and I don't think MP is a master tactician or motivator either. But, players like Aguero have been playing for 2 years pretty much none stop (apart from injuries). We have a squad of 25 and upto 12 have been out injured regularly. That gives you the smallest number of players playing the most games. I don't know the stats but I wonder how many games Leicester have played compared to us in the last 2 years. I honestly don't think it's a coincidence. I can't believe the players don't care. I can put up with one bad season every 7 years.
Btw-Mase will be there blowing kisses at Kolarov as he does his (final) lap of honour.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mase » Thu May 05, 2016 7:30 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:Btw-Mase will be there blowing kisses at Kolarov as he does his (final) lap of honour.

Nah I'll be driving through McDonald's drive thru at that point I'd imagine.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Thu May 05, 2016 7:42 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
City64 wrote:
Mase wrote:

That's how I feel. It's the end of an era, an era that has given us great success. I don't think we have bought well over the last 18 months and I don't think MP is a master tactician or motivator either. But, players like Aguero have been playing for 2 years pretty much none stop (apart from injuries). We have a squad of 25 and upto 12 have been out injured regularly. That gives you the smallest number of players playing the most games. I don't know the stats but I wonder how many games Leicester have played compared to us in the last 2 years. I honestly don't think it's a coincidence. I can't believe the players don't care. I can put up with one bad season every 7 years.
Btw-Mase will be there blowing kisses at Kolarov as he does his (final) lap of honour.

Some great points and passion in your post mate , the future couldn't be better !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu May 05, 2016 8:31 pm

City64 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Absolutely mate .
Something else to digest for everyone ......... Real Madrid aren't as good as the media hype them up to be , technically very good yes but they couldn't put our piss poor efforts and tactics to bed over 2 legs apart from a lucky deflected effort , yet we are getting slaughtered from all angles for not going through to the final ??? Im as disappointed as everyone else but football is all about fine margins at the very highest level and we progressed further than Barcelona ??? We fans are our worst enemies at times I feel by expecting too much all of the time .

Ignoring the media, I don't think the fans are slaughtering us. I didn't really expect us to go through unless Madrid had one of those nights, Hart was magnificent and the post was our second best player. So going out doesn't upset me. Managing one shot on target (a free kick) does a bit, but perhaps they were just so much better than us we couldn't get through. And the shot against the post was unlucky.

But the walking round, not closing down, not tackling was a disgrace. Pellegrini has to take some of the blame for the lack of effort, especially for not going for it in the last 5 minutes but I'd rather have lost 2-0 going for it than 1-0 wondering 'what if?'
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Hazy2 » Thu May 05, 2016 9:36 pm

Tough season needs one last effort from everyone the 12th man needed Sunday. Pellers has been classy, limited ok limited. Being fair, this season has gone south due to things above him. The spending over the past two seasons has not helped, as has the decision to go with one forward and a kid all be it a star in the making. From the top down a season that promised so much, started like a train that has derailed. Let's pray we are back on Track Sunday.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carolina-blue » Thu May 05, 2016 11:37 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Tough season needs one last effort from everyone the 12th man needed Sunday. Pellers has been classy, limited ok limited. Being fair, this season has gone south due to things above him. The spending over the past two seasons has not helped, as has the decision to go with one forward and a kid all be it a star in the making. From the top down a season that promised so much, started like a train that has derailed. Let's pray we are back on Track Sunday.

Totally agree 12th man really needed we have one of the best managers in the world coming in . we don't need to be in Europa league . I was Lucky enough to be at the league cup final . Wish I could be there on Sunday would definitely stay behind . To say goodbye to quite a few me thinks
Best team & fans in all the land an all the World
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Nick » Fri May 06, 2016 6:45 pm

Mase wrote:

Bang on. Not sure whether you genuinely like kolorov though as he has the worst of all attitudes.

Re: staying behind. It will depend on the game on Sunday and my mood, otherwise its off to the pub.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Original Dub » Fri May 06, 2016 8:08 pm

Liam, stop antagonising folk, you cunt!
Original Dub

Postby Mase » Fri May 06, 2016 8:40 pm

Original Dub wrote:Liam, stop antagonising folk, you cunt!

Haha I'm the Chisora of mancityfan.net mate. I need something to sell myself.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat May 07, 2016 3:02 am

There are a lot of Blues around the world who haven't got the chance to be at Sunday's match or say goodbye to a title-winning manager and certain players.

Enjoy it while you can. Or not. It's up to you.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun May 08, 2016 12:18 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:There are a lot of Blues around the world who haven't got the chance to be at Sunday's match or say goodbye to a title-winning manager and certain players.

Enjoy it while you can. Or not. It's up to you.

If we win they'll get a great reception. If not, they won't. And I think its fair to say the whole season now rides on this game.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Feed The Goat » Sun May 08, 2016 11:42 am

I'll stay behind and give pellers a send off he deserves. His 3 years have brought some great memories. Broken goal scoring records. Trips to wembeley. A league win and a champions league semi final
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby King Kev » Sun May 08, 2016 12:22 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Mase wrote:Is anyone actually bothering to stay behind and clap the players on Sunday whilst they do their lap of 'honour'?

I'm certainly not!

Another trophy and a chance to say thanks to pellers for 3 trophies in 3 years including a double whilst the rags have won nothing.

A chance to possibly say goodbye to many of those players who were part of the best city team I have ever seen.

Some people have been rather spoilt I think.

Well said mate.

There's a chance that today will be the last time we get to see the likes of Silva and Zabaleta in the flesh. They deserve to have 50000+ City fans standing and applauding them as they walk around the pitch at the end.

Even the likes of Demichelis and Yaya deserve recognition from the fans for the parts they have played in success in previous seasons.

To deny these players a decent send-off because you're still sulking about not winning the Champions League is childish and petulant.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum