When Kompany was injured....

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

When Kompany was injured....

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed May 04, 2016 9:10 pm

Am I the only person who thought the team would use it as an excuse to lose and went ahead and did so?
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Re: When Kompany was injured....

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed May 04, 2016 9:12 pm

I think the club may use it as an excuse but I doubt the players would think like that during the game
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby london blue 2 » Wed May 04, 2016 9:17 pm

Looked like they did. Comfortable and dominating the ball then complete shambles.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed May 04, 2016 9:18 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:I think the club may use it as an excuse but I doubt the players would think like that during the game

Really? i have had the impression in the last 3 seasons that this is exactly what they do and called it straight away.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Blue Since 76 » Wed May 04, 2016 9:18 pm

I thought the problem was the tough game they all had on Sunday?
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed May 04, 2016 9:22 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:I thought the problem was the tough game they all had on Sunday?

Good point. Apologies all round.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby getdressedmctavish » Wed May 04, 2016 10:03 pm

RM are probably the best team in the world at the moment. We held them fairly comfortably when Kompany limped off.We just couldn't find the extra 10% needed but I think the players gave their all. We just cant move to quick power play under Pellers, we have to plod, plod plod cos that's how we are set up, and that is what has to change under Pep.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Blue Since 76 » Wed May 04, 2016 10:06 pm

getdressedmctavish wrote:RM are probably the best team in the world at the moment. We held them fairly comfortably when Kompany limped off.We just couldn't find the extra 10% needed but I think the players gave their all. We just cant move to quick power play under Pellers, we have to plod, plod plod cos that's how we are set up, and that is what has to change under Pep.

They managed one shot on target in 180 minutes of a semi final and none tonight. If that's their all, we're in even more trouble than I thought
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby getdressedmctavish » Wed May 04, 2016 11:20 pm

I think you underestimate how hard it is to play against a team that has you sussed. RM gave us the square ball and would have eaten the long ball.We had no answer, but not for lack of trying. We always had a chance at 0-1. It would have been silly to go gung ho and lose that chance. We just didn't have a solution because the team is physically fucked.Every decent oppo has done the same all season long.I don't thing its effort (unlike Sunday). it will be the same v Arsenal.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Wed May 04, 2016 11:32 pm

getdressedmctavish wrote:I think you underestimate how hard it is to play against a team that has you sussed. RM gave us the square ball and would have eaten the long ball.We had no answer, but not for lack of trying. We always had a chance at 0-1. It would have been silly to go gung ho and lose that chance. We just didn't have a solution because the team is physically fucked.Every decent oppo has done the same all season long.I don't thing its effort (unlike Sunday). it will be the same v Arsenal.

Ex-fucking-actly.

People here genuinely seem to think these players just couldn't be arsed in a Champions League semi-final, rather than being found out by one of the best teams in the world. "Urgh, why didn't we have a shot, whinge whinge" because at the highest of levels we were pretty much outplayed.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Original Dub » Wed May 04, 2016 11:47 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:
getdressedmctavish wrote:I think you underestimate how hard it is to play against a team that has you sussed. RM gave us the square ball and would have eaten the long ball.We had no answer, but not for lack of trying. We always had a chance at 0-1. It would have been silly to go gung ho and lose that chance. We just didn't have a solution because the team is physically fucked.Every decent oppo has done the same all season long.I don't thing its effort (unlike Sunday). it will be the same v Arsenal.

Ex-fucking-actly.

People here genuinely seem to think these players just couldn't be arsed in a Champions League semi-final, rather than being found out by one of the best teams in the world. "Urgh, why didn't we have a shot, whinge whinge" because at the highest of levels we were pretty much outplayed.

Welcome back.
Original Dub

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu May 05, 2016 1:35 am

getdressedmctavish wrote:I think you underestimate how hard it is to play against a team that has you sussed. RM gave us the square ball and would have eaten the long ball.We had no answer, but not for lack of We always had a chance at 0-1. It would have been silly to go gung ho and lose that chance. We just didn't have a solution because the team is physically fucked.Every decent oppo has done the same all season long.I don't thing its effort (unlike Sunday). it will be the same v Arsenal.

Ex-fucking-actly.

What bullshit. Even Bury would've had a shot on target tonight. See the difference next season when we have a manager who knows the difference between a tictac and a tactic and a man who will make our lazy motherfucking players earn their money.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby phips » Thu May 05, 2016 2:48 am

.....I laughed.

not because i was happy or because i found it funny. but because you just can't make it up. it really is unbelievable.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu May 05, 2016 8:36 am

When did he get his first major injury.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu May 05, 2016 8:46 am

lets all have a disco wrote:When did he get his first major injury.

When he was a kid the top clubs were all scouting him but no one took the plunge because he was injury prone.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu May 05, 2016 8:56 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

When he was a kid the top clubs were all scouting him but no one took the plunge because he was injury prone.

So we've actually been lucky?
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu May 05, 2016 9:01 am

lets all have a disco wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

So we've actually been lucky?

I wouldn't go that far.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Cocacolajojo » Thu May 05, 2016 9:08 am

Ex-fucking-actly.

And it was our first semi final nonetheless. It generally takes years, decades, to build up a club experience that makes you able to seriously compete in the Champion's League. We've been fairly quick I'd say, going from nothing to semi final in five years. Of course we're not supposed to be happy about yesterday but we've come a long way and fast. This was probably the final hoorah for the players brought in between 2008 and 2010 but the next generation of players will build on their accomplishments and hopefully, be better organized than we were yesterday.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby RUSSBCITY » Thu May 05, 2016 1:22 pm

If we're going to be bringing players like Sterling Bony Kolorov Cabellero I fear.
Sterling will NEVER be a top player and his agent and Ayres at Liverpool deserve business men of year award for striking that deal and who ever decided city needed him should be banished from the clib forever.
tell me the last time he actually did or cteated a chance
RUSSBCITY
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: MAN CITY
My favourite player is: AGUERRO

Postby PeterParker » Thu May 05, 2016 4:15 pm

RUSSBCITY wrote:If we're going to be bringing players like Sterling Bony Kolorov Cabellero I fear.
Sterling will NEVER be a top player and his agent and Ayres at Liverpool deserve business men of year award for striking that deal and who ever decided city needed him should be banished from the clib forever.
tell me the last time he actually did or cteated a chance

What the hell is wrong with Big Willy?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum