When Kompany was injured....

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: When Kompany was injured....

Postby ruralblue » Thu May 05, 2016 6:48 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:When did he get his first major injury.

When he was a kid the top clubs were all scouting him but no one took the plunge because he was injury prone.

So we've actually been lucky?

I wouldn't go that far.

Considering we paid 6 or 7 million for him and all he's done I think we've been very lucky. Maybe not injury wise of late but nothing we can do about that.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby nottsblue » Thu May 05, 2016 6:57 pm

The impact he has had since he signed has been immense. The price paid is now peanuts in comparison. It will be a sad day when he leaves and it probably is going to be this season if we find a buyer. If not then he is still club captain if not team captain and he takes on the role MDM has filled in for us. He has earned my respect in spades for what he has achieved
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Wonderwall » Thu May 05, 2016 7:54 pm

nottsblue wrote:The impact he has had since he signed has been immense. The price paid is now peanuts in comparison. It will be a sad day when he leaves and it probably is going to be this season if we find a buyer. If not then he is still club captain if not team captain and he takes on the role MDM has filled in for us. He has earned my respect in spades for what he has achieved

I cannot see pep getting rid until he gets his chance to assess him and give him some of the magic dust he has.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby nottsblue » Thu May 05, 2016 8:12 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
nottsblue wrote:The impact he has had since he signed has been immense. The price paid is now peanuts in comparison. It will be a sad day when he leaves and it probably is going to be this season if we find a buyer. If not then he is still club captain if not team captain and he takes on the role MDM has filled in for us. He has earned my respect in spades for what he has achieved

I cannot see pep getting rid until he gets his chance to assess him and give him some of the magic dust he has.

So if we sign Laporte, or some other such centre half and Denayer comes back into the fold, do we keep all the players or do we offload one? If we do offload one who is the most to go?
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby getdressedmctavish » Thu May 05, 2016 9:48 pm

So who are these players that didn't try? They were fucking drained. If you cant see that you should watch another sport or stick to Roy of the Rovers where everything is simple.We relied on Ya ya to join us up. He is fucked. End of. We moved kevin to accommodate him. He was constantly outnumbered and never delivered a killing cross or pass. Cos he couldn't be bothered? For fuck's sake!
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Socrates » Fri May 06, 2016 10:00 pm

getdressedmctavish wrote:So who are these players that didn't try? They were fucking drained. If you cant see that you should watch another sport or stick to Roy of the Rovers where everything is simple.We relied on Ya ya to join us up. He is fucked. End of. We moved kevin to accommodate him. He was constantly outnumbered and never delivered a killing cross or pass. Cos he couldn't be bothered? For fuck's sake!

Yes but Real Madrid away we should be pissing it surely? Sarcasm aside, I sometimes think De Bruyne might be Roy of the Rovers but he did look like someone who had had his shoelaces tied together on the day. As you say he was outnumbered and unable to produce. We missed the magic of Silva, it needs two alternative playmakers against a quality and highly organised side as it is then more difficult to stunt both. Aguero could sense this and is why he started dropping so deep hoping he could make something happen himself. People need a reality check, we lost to a freak goal to one of the best and most experienced sides in Europe. Our improvement continues!
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri May 06, 2016 10:29 pm

Socrates wrote:
getdressedmctavish wrote:So who are these players that didn't try? They were fucking drained. If you cant see that you should watch another sport or stick to Roy of the Rovers where everything is simple.We relied on Ya ya to join us up. He is fucked. End of. We moved kevin to accommodate him. He was constantly outnumbered and never delivered a killing cross or pass. Cos he couldn't be bothered? For fuck's sake!

Our improvement continues!

In the CL and in the prem it continues to get worse and worse.

Thought id finish it for you as you are the worse fuckign culprit on this site to cherry pick what suits your agenda.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Socrates » Sat May 07, 2016 11:20 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Socrates wrote:

Thought id finish it for you as you are the worse fuckign culprit on this site to cherry pick what suits your agenda.

Yep Semi Final is clearly worse. PSG didn't happen. You are the cherry picker but the cherries always seem to be sour or rotten.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby mr_nool » Sat May 07, 2016 12:06 pm

Socrates wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Socrates wrote:

Yep Semi Final is clearly worse. PSG didn't happen. You are the cherry picker but the cherries always seem to be sour or rotten.

I think he meant "Yes, it CL, but in the Prem..."
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Sat May 07, 2016 12:34 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:Am I the only person who thought the team would use it as an excuse to lose and went ahead and did so?

I think it disturbed the team. Should never have been there
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat May 07, 2016 12:43 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Socrates wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Socrates wrote:

I think he meant "Yes, it CL, but in the Prem..."

It was obvious what I meant and I'm right, never seen such shite mundane football this year , never won against a top 6 side, lost 10 games , been embarrassed numerous times --- I say it how it is and I don't hide behind blue tinted specs like some fucking fans on here do.

Even fucking pellegrini himself has said This season is not good and if we don't get at least 4th then it's a fucking disaster !!!!! Apart from "fucking",,,those are his fucking words.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Sat May 07, 2016 1:13 pm

I don't disagree with you (this time).
Our league form has been indifferent and the results more than disappointing. We need a change and thankfully it's coming.
I can't help but feel that we should have started rebuilding the squad already a season or two ago.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat May 07, 2016 1:43 pm

mr_nool wrote:I don't disagree with you (this time).
Our league form has been indifferent and the results more than disappointing. We need a change and thankfully it's coming.
I can't help but feel that we should have started rebuilding the squad already a season or two ago.

We should have done , instead we kept on relying on players like Kolorov and Yaya and that fuckign lump of turd BONY - even when he FINALLY decided to play NACHO for his usual 3 minutes and a goal every few minutes , the cunt still benched him !!

I cannot forgive the complete shite management that pellegrini has dished up this year..lets not forget the previous year, wasnt as bad as this one, but was a wimp of a season nonetheless.

On topic , Kompany doesnt deserve another season imo ,hes let us down with his injuries time and time and time again and we just cannot fuck around with the back 4 anymore.

Sell him.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby budfox » Sat May 07, 2016 7:07 pm

I didn't subscribe to the "couldn't be bothered" camp either.

RM were 20-30% better than us and in truth there was never a time during the whole 2nd leg when I thought we'd be giving them a game. The morons on the radio were banging on about playing a high-tempo English style game, as if that would have bothered the oppostion one bit.

We did well to progress as far as we did in the CL, and in truth I wouldn't put us any better than the top 6 sides in Europe at our best and probably no better than the top 20 on average.

However, I think there are great days ahead. We have an astonishingly good manager to look forward to, and despite some opinions on here about Pellers, I think he managed the club with dignity and style. When we consider some of the classless pricks we see week-in, week-out moaning about everything under the sun, I think he did a fine job for us and can hold his head high.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Kev

Postby freshie » Sat May 07, 2016 9:09 pm

getdressedmctavish wrote:RM are probably the best team in the world at the moment. We held them fairly comfortably when Kompany limped off.We just couldn't find the extra 10% needed but I think the players gave their all. We just cant move to quick power play under Pellers, we have to plod, plod plod cos that's how we are set up, and that is what has to change under Pep.

No they're not. Barca, Bayern and probably atletico are better than them and reckon any of those sides would have knocked real out of the chumps league
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat May 07, 2016 9:12 pm

freshie wrote:
getdressedmctavish wrote:RM are probably the best team in the world at the moment. We held them fairly comfortably when Kompany limped off.We just couldn't find the extra 10% needed but I think the players gave their all. We just cant move to quick power play under Pellers, we have to plod, plod plod cos that's how we are set up, and that is what has to change under Pep.

No they're not. Barca, Bayern and probably atletico are better than them and reckon any of those sides would have knocked real out of the chumps league

Totally agree , RM were nearly as bad as we were in this game.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum