CL semi final. Bayern v Altletico

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: CL semi final. Bayern v Altletico

Postby gillie » Tue May 03, 2016 8:50 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
bigblue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Did Simeone just clout the fourth official there?

was wondering the same thing since no one mentioned it at all

Hope hes not suspended for the Final, even if its us in it. That would just be dumb.

It was one of his own staff he was pissed at him for not getting Savic's number to the fourth official quick enough to make the sub when the ball went out of play.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue May 03, 2016 8:54 pm

gillie wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
bigblue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Did Simeone just clout the fourth official there?

was wondering the same thing since no one mentioned it at all

Hope hes not suspended for the Final, even if its us in it. That would just be dumb.

It was one of his own staff he was pissed at him for not getting Savic's number to the fourth official quick enough to make the sub when the ball went out of play.

Was it? I thought it was some official guy (not the 4th official) that was doing the sub.
Nevermind then
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue May 03, 2016 8:58 pm

Can anyone honestly see our crowd playing a full 90 minutes at that speed and intensity.
Just as well Real are going to wipe the floor with us. Well most the media would have you believe anyway.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby zuricity » Tue May 03, 2016 9:13 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Can anyone honestly see our crowd playing a full 90 minutes at that speed and intensity.
Just as well Real are going to wipe the floor with us. Well most the media would have you believe anyway.

we see such tempo at Stoke on a midweek winter game.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Dimples » Tue May 03, 2016 10:25 pm

Don't like anything about Athi M.
Anti football, defensive in the extreme and totally cynical.

Hope they get buggered good and proper in the final - hopefully by us.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby phips » Wed May 04, 2016 12:45 am

Dimples wrote:Don't like anything about Athi M.

Pellegrini, when did you join the forum?
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Wonderwall » Wed May 04, 2016 7:02 am

The way he has approach he'd the big games in the champions league and la liga makes me think he has been to Tony Pulis school of management. Absolutely car crash football, not entertaining but you can't not watch it to see what happens.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby nottsblue » Wed May 04, 2016 8:21 am

Wonderwall wrote:

The way he has approach he'd the big games in the champions league and la liga makes me think he has been to Tony Pulis school of management. Absolutely car crash football, not entertaining but you can't not watch it to see what happens.

But is it not the case that sometimes, especially away from home, that you need a bit of steel, a bit of game play, a bit of needle, a bit of passion and the all for one attitude?

You certainly don't want to see it regularly. But for all the fancy play, the possession, the territorial advantage, the shots on goal, Bayern will be clapping on the 28th whilst Atletico have a chance of glory.

If we don't show some of the attributes Atletico showed last night in tonight's game we are not going through.
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed May 04, 2016 8:26 am

nottsblue wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

But is it not the case that sometimes, especially away from home, that you need a bit of steel, a bit of game play, a bit of needle, a bit of passion and the all for one attitude?

You certainly don't want to see it regularly. But for all the fancy play, the possession, the territorial advantage, the shots on goal, Bayern will be clapping on the 28th whilst Atletico have a chance of glory.

If we don't show some of the attributes Atletico showed last night in tonight's game we are not going through.

Of course you need them things but Atletico go way beyond that, they are cheats, simple as that. They are the anti-Christ.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby nottsblue » Wed May 04, 2016 8:45 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Of course you need them things but Atletico go way beyond that, they are cheats, simple as that. They are the anti-Christ.

Barca and Real are also big cheats yet are deemed to play football the right way. Let's see how often the team in white goes down at the merest touch and surround the referee tonight.

I don't like Atletico as a team as such, I think they have a brand or style of football that suits them and their manager and they are successfull at it. I just wish we showed just a smidge of their outlook at times. Sunday being the perfect case in point. I don't take the view that winning beautifully is the be all and end all. Winning is the important thing and as long as we play great stuff the majority of the time, with some ground out results occasionally, then I am ok with that
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby bigblue » Wed May 04, 2016 11:31 am

Bayern (especially Levondoski) were diving way more than Athletico.

Fuck off with this anti-football all nonsense. They showed passion, organization, and fought for one another.

Griezmann had only around 5 touches in the whole 2nd half and put away his goal. That's ice cold under pressure and you have to admire how they've made 2 CL finals in 3 years.

By the way, everything I praised Athletico for above is what our team has completely lacked for 90% of games this season.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dimples » Wed May 04, 2016 1:07 pm

bigblue wrote:Bayern (especially Levondoski) were diving way more than Athletico.

Fuck off with this anti-football all nonsense. They showed passion, organization, and fought for one another.

Griezmann had only around 5 touches in the whole 2nd half and put away his goal. That's ice cold under pressure and you have to admire how they've made 2 CL finals in 3 years.

By the way, everything I praised Athletico for above is what our team has completely lacked for 90% of games this season.

For me football is the beautiful game - think Brazil 1970 as being the pinnacle - an absolute joy to watch.
They also had passion, organization and fought for one another.

5 touches for Griezmann, 2 touches for Torres - why would anybody want to watch that crap.
AM 3 shots on target Vs. BM 15 shots on target - AM don't play football, they mug teams.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby phips » Wed May 04, 2016 1:20 pm

bigblue wrote:Fuck off with this anti-football all nonsense. They showed passion, organization, and fought for one another.

wow. we agree. i enjoy watching Atletico play when i can. football is not only about going forward and scoring goals.
there's a saying here in the states that "defense wins championships". Simeone knows what he's doing and doesnt care what people think. look at the success he's had.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed May 04, 2016 1:21 pm

phips wrote:
bigblue wrote:Fuck off with this anti-football all nonsense. They showed passion, organization, and fought for one another.

wow. we agree. i enjoy watching Atletico play when i can. football is not only about going forward and scoring goals.
there's a saying here in the states that "defense wins championships". Simeone knows what he's doing and doesnt care what people think. look at the success he's had.

Imagine everyone was to take that attitude, football would turn to shit in no time.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed May 04, 2016 2:33 pm

Athletico to me are not dissimilar to Leicester.They base their game on teamwork, effort, energy ,organisation and especially a defensive approach to the game but with a great ability to counter attack. Much much better than Leicester of course.

City have floiundered this serason against any team with bundles of energy and a good team plan so it's likely we will against them in the final. BUT as it would be a final we might just approach it better and beat them
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby PeterParker » Wed May 04, 2016 2:39 pm

I am sorry to say, but Simeone is not going to make it in England.

The media, rag biased, still writes about that moment he had with Beckham in 98 and fans are limited, they believe what they feed him.

Simeone, at this point, is the best manager in the world. Better than Maureen, Guardiola, Ranieri, Low, etc. He is the only fella who managed, with almost unknown players from 2012, until today and stopped Uefalona. You cannot stop them by playing their game and expect to win. You fight cheating with cheating.

The fucker means passion. Imagine his ways with our argies.

I hope one day he will manage us. Tactical masterclass.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Dimples » Wed May 04, 2016 4:55 pm

PeterParker wrote:I am sorry to say, but Simeone is not going to make it in England.

The media, rag biased, still writes about that moment he had with Beckham in 98 and fans are limited, they believe what they feed him.

Simeone, at this point, is the best manager in the world. Better than Maureen, Guardiola, Ranieri, Low, etc. He is the only fella who managed, with almost unknown players from 2012, until today and stopped Uefalona. You cannot stop them by playing their game and expect to win. You fight cheating with cheating.

The fucker means passion. Imagine his ways with our argies.

I hope one day he will manage us. Tactical masterclass.

S. Pearce had passion - enough said.

Agree Simeone has done a fantastic job with limited resources.
No doubt about it but I would not want to watch his team play - absolutely dreadful stuff to watch.

Thing is - how would he do at ours - with the resources we have?

Would his teams be like Mourinho's - more of the same crap but to a higher level OR would he actually try to play some football?
Would he have the bottle to try play real football (judging on that WC in 98 the answer is NO) - he would be another Mourinho.
If he played real football and was successful then he could be called 'best manager in the world'.

But at the moment I reserve that title for Pep because his teams win trophies playing real football and that takes real bottle.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby bigblue » Wed May 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Dimples wrote:
bigblue wrote:Bayern (especially Levondoski) were diving way more than Athletico.

For me football is the beautiful game - think Brazil 1970 as being the pinnacle - an absolute joy to watch.

5 touches for Griezmann, 2 touches for Torres - why would anybody want to watch that crap.
AM 3 shots on target Vs. BM 15 shots on target - AM don't play football, they mug teams.

For me football is like life; there is no one true way to go about it.

I also love free flowing, beautiful football. Like making love to a Swedish model. But sometimes it's also nice to get down and dirty. Like ass fucking a nympho with daddy issues.

A little of this, a little of that. Balance is the key
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby bigblue » Wed May 04, 2016 5:27 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
phips wrote:

Imagine everyone was to take that attitude, football would turn to shit in no time.

And luckily they don't. Equally lucky that everyone doesn't play tiki taka or football would turn to a pussy sport.

I believe that the most beautiful football can beat the best ultra defensive setup; but it has to be proven on the field. That's the beauty of the sport.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dimples » Wed May 04, 2016 5:55 pm

bigblue wrote:
Dimples wrote:

For me football is like life; there is no one true way to go about it.

I also love free flowing, beautiful football. Like making love to a Swedish model. But sometimes it's also nice to get down and dirty. Like ass fucking a nympho with daddy issues.

A little of this, a little of that. Balance is the key

Sadly for me, I will have to take your word on the Swedish model comparison:)
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum