Priorities

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Priorities

Postby gillie » Mon May 02, 2016 9:38 pm

All I can think is the reason to prioritise the CL has to have come from the top brass because we have looked a different team in that competition. In fact it looks like the players knew their remit for this season was to get as far as they could in the CL at the expense of the bread and butter of the PL. The problem now is we are in real danger of not being in the CL next season if we lose against Arsenal on Saturday. The question is if it goes tits up against Madrid will the players have the stomach for the last two league games.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Re: Priorities

Postby johnny99 » Mon May 02, 2016 9:42 pm

We need to beat arsenal
Don't give a fuck about anything else to be honest
johnny99
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city

Postby branny » Mon May 02, 2016 9:55 pm

The priority now should be to play our strongest eleven for the last either 3 or 4 games. No more resting or fooking about. The next four games are season defining. No margin for error.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby nottsblue » Mon May 02, 2016 9:56 pm

Whether we go through to the CL final or not I think we will struggle on Sunday. The emotion of winning or losing will take it's toll. I fear we may have to hope the rags balls it up to be certain. Though we should beat Swansea away last game.

We are where we are in the CL and we are 90 minutes from arguably the pinnacle of club football. This is our priority now, but come Thursday morning that switches back to the PL and this is where a lot of our problems have occurred. If we are to compete properly in both competitions we need to learn how to manage games better
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon May 02, 2016 10:09 pm

Saving grace is that West Ham play the rags. Need that to be a draw and then we only need 3 points. Unfortunately that's next week, so we need minimum of a draw on Sunday
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon May 02, 2016 10:26 pm

The fuckign priority is to win the league and failing that ,to actually finish in a CL position every bastard year , its what every TOP team aspires to do, FOR FUCKS SAKE!

If we are out of the top 4 and come in 5th ,then only winning the FA cup can appease the masses...and even then there will be a lot of fucking depressed cunts like me around.

Kolorovs attitude and some of those players that arnt in the team on wednesday are an example of pellegrinis attitude to getting in the top 4.....they both dont give a shit as they wont be here next year,
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue May 03, 2016 10:19 am

Whatever happens tomorrow night, we need to play our best team v arse on Sunday. Beat them and we are third going into the final round of games.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby PrezIke » Tue May 03, 2016 10:31 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:Whatever happens tomorrow night, we need to play our best team v arse on Sunday. Beat them and we are third going into the final round of games.

I don't think there will be any doubt that we will play our best team until the CL places are settled.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Tue May 03, 2016 10:47 am

johnny99 wrote:We need to beat arsenal

Not trying to be a pain, but this logic strikes me as a bit odd if I am understanding correctly.

So, one doesn't care about the CL, but does care about winning games that have no effect on actually winning the league, and can only help the team get back into the CL, a competition you don't care for?

Is getting 3rd or 4th really something that is more important? Or is it just to not finish below United? If that's all that it's about, I guess I can understand that, but that's not the primary motivating factor for the players or manager if they are in the Semis of the CL with a chance to make the Final with a scoring draw.

I get that it's in fans' interest for top players to want to join us, which being in the CL allows for. However, the players and manager (not just the board) want to win that competition, so seems like some of us are okay with the club hoodwinking players into joining us, but then become upset when they care about winning a competition that we want to be in to attract their interest in joining the club.

This is why I am not down with the CL haterade, other than the legitimate resentment towards UEFA from our fans for how we have been treated via FFP, refereeing in some games, and of course the stadium ban fiasco. Other than those reasons, not caring about how we perform in CL feels like not respecting what our own players want, who are competitors at the highest level, and are happy to "trick" them into joining our club.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby City64 » Tue May 03, 2016 11:17 am

Massive massive week for us ! The end game is nigh !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue May 03, 2016 11:21 am

PrezIke wrote:

Not trying to be a pain, but this logic strikes me as a bit odd if I am understanding correctly.

So, one doesn't care about the CL, but does care about winning games that have no effect on actually winning the league, and can only help the team get back into the CL, a competition you don't care for?

Is getting 3rd or 4th really something that is more important? Or is it just to not finish below United? If that's all that it's about, I guess I can understand that, but that's not the primary motivating factor for the players or manager if they are in the Semis of the CL with a chance to make the Final with a scoring draw.

I get that it's in fans' interest for top players to want to join us, which being in the CL allows for. However, the players and manager (not just the board) want to win that competition, so seems like some of us are okay with the club hoodwinking players into joining us, but then become upset when they care about winning a competition that we want to be in to attract their interest in joining the club.

This is why I am not down with the CL haterade, other than the legitimate resentment towards UEFA from our fans for how we have been treated via FFP, refereeing in some games, and of course the stadium ban fiasco. Other than those reasons, not caring about how we perform in CL feels like not respecting what our own players want, who are competitors at the highest level, and are happy to "trick" them into joining our club.

You forgot us being fined more for being 30 seconds late onto the field for the second half than Porto were for racist abuse of our players, mate. ;-)
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby ShimmyShaker » Tue May 03, 2016 11:30 am

PrezIke wrote:

I genuinely don't care about the CL, but our owners certainly do, we all know the reason why. They are the ones who steer us as to what our priorities are, I would rather win the league or the FA cup before winning the CL. Getting in the top 4 means we can compete in the transfer market for the very best players, seeing great footballers playing for City is a dream come true, I'll never forget Robinho flying past me on the wing that first season when the Sheik took over and thinking 'what the fuck?' Nobody is 'tricking' players to join the club, the owners want success in the CL and I'd imagine a lot of our fans do too, I would celebrate like a twat if it happens but it doesn't hold the same level of reverence as the league or FA cup do for me.
ShimmyShaker
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: KDB

Postby london blue 2 » Tue May 03, 2016 5:07 pm

How are we positioned in the fairplay league?
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby South Stand Balti » Tue May 03, 2016 5:20 pm

london blue 2 wrote:How are we positioned in the fairplay league?

Way above Spurs and Chelsea
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Sparklehorse » Tue May 03, 2016 5:45 pm

We need to beat Arsenal...why ?
To get in the champions league next season ?
We are in the semi THIS season. I dont get your reasoning. You're right though we do need to beat Arsenal. They will play out of their skin against us !
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby failsworthblue » Tue May 03, 2016 5:50 pm

I said weeks ago that we will not finish in the top 4 and Sunday,s debacle makes it look more certain.

Get ready for Thursday and Sunday Football again.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby nottsblue » Thu May 05, 2016 2:21 pm

Massive game on Sunday now. Regretfully, i think we will be outplayed and the best we can hope for is a draw. Arsenal know a win guarantees third and they can still catch spurs which they will want to do.

Our boys looked fucked at the end last night. The season has really caught up with a few of them. I am usually awful at predictions so hopefully we get the result but i would be surprised
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri May 06, 2016 4:18 am

nottsblue wrote:Massive game on Sunday now. Regretfully, i think we will be outplayed and the best we can hope for is a draw. Arsenal know a win guarantees third and they can still catch spurs which they will want to do.

Our boys looked fucked at the end last night. The season has really caught up with a few of them. I am usually awful at predictions so hopefully we get the result but i would be surprised

I disagree. I think we will batter them. No distractions now. And a good thrashing for the tarquins is certainly overdue.

I will have a look at who the ref is before committing myself 100% though.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri May 06, 2016 4:22 am

Apparently it is anthony taylor, the "altrincham" fan.

Well, that puts a very different perspective on it.

If any of you read the article on the BBC about who the refs support, it was noticeable that not one of them claims to support any of the six or seven best supported clubs in the country except gamblingdebttenburg who supports the barcodes. Are we to believe there is not one manchester united fan among the lot of them? Not one arsenal, chelsea, everton or tottenham fan? Or even a City fan?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36075347
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Moonchesteri » Fri May 06, 2016 10:14 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:Apparently it is anthony taylor, the "altrincham" fan.

Well, that puts a very different perspective on it.

If any of you read the article on the BBC about who the refs support, it was noticeable that not one of them claims to support any of the six or seven best supported clubs in the country except gamblingdebttenburg who supports the barcodes. Are we to believe there is not one manchester united fan among the lot of them? Not one arsenal, chelsea, everton or tottenham fan? Or even a City fan?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36075347

ZERO chance none of them supports the big teams imo.
But if they are supposed to be professionals surely it would not matter anyway?
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum