Confused .com

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Confused .com

Postby johnny99 » Mon May 02, 2016 9:19 pm

Was talking to a city fan today about yesterday's shit show
Talking about team selection and all that
When he said to me
I don't give a shit about the champions league
But we need to finish in the top 4 so we are in it next year
We are 2 games away from winning it this year but yeah fuck it lets just make sure we are in it next year
johnny99
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city

Re: Confused .com

Postby nottsblue » Mon May 02, 2016 9:31 pm

Kind of get his point. For me, the bread and butter is the PL and that should always be the first priority. But, in order to attract the best players, the club needs to offer CL football so it's important to be in it even if it was a second priority.

As it goes I think the CL is the priority of the club at the moment but I reckon there are a few fans like myself who prefer the PL. In time that may change.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Ray78 » Mon May 02, 2016 9:35 pm

Trouble with that is we could become another Celtic. We have to get the balance right.
Ray78
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Erm.......

Postby johnny99 » Mon May 02, 2016 9:36 pm

Yes I also get his point that's why I am confused lol
I don't give a shit about it
But also feel we need to be in it to get the best players and the Money
Which is what it's all about now
But for me it will always be the premier league that should take priority
johnny99
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Ray78 » Mon May 02, 2016 9:41 pm

We attracted the likes of Silva, Yaya, Tevez when we were playing in the Europa League and with us reaching the Semi Finals this time around shouldn't put off any of our targets this time around.
Ray78

Postby nottsblue » Mon May 02, 2016 9:42 pm

Ray78 wrote:We attracted the likes of Silva, Yaya, Tevez when we were playing in the Europa League and with us reaching the Semi Finals this time around shouldn't put off any of our targets this time around.

They turned out to be great players for us but arguably they weren't the best players in the world at the time.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Ray78 » Mon May 02, 2016 9:49 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Ray78 wrote:We attracted the likes of Silva, Yaya, Tevez when we were playing in the Europa League and with us reaching the Semi Finals this time around shouldn't put off any of our targets this time around.

They turned out to be great players for us but arguably they weren't the best players in the world at the time.

They still had won the Champions League, the World Cup and a couple of league titles before they joined us and had enough quality to match them. We cannot afford to stick around playing in the Europa League but one season might do us good.
Ray78

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon May 02, 2016 9:55 pm

Ray78 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

They still had won the Champions League, the World Cup and a couple of league titles before they joined us and had enough quality to match them. We cannot afford to stick around playing in the Europa League but one season might do us good.

No it won't.

And Silva had signed before he won the world cup
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon May 02, 2016 9:56 pm

My feeling about the CL is a bit like the Community Shield - I don't really care how we do in it, but I want to be in it every season
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon May 02, 2016 10:30 pm

We attracted them because we offered stupid fuckign money at that time..which was the only way we were ever going to get them.

Trust me...No CL and getting the top top players will not be a shoe in!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Ray78 » Mon May 02, 2016 10:41 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

We attracted them because we offered stupid fuckign money at that time..which was the only way we were ever going to get them.

Trust me...No CL and getting the top top players will not be a shoe in!

If Pellegrini was in charge for next season I would agree with you entirely about the top players not willing to join us but Guardiola would be a factor even if we were in the Europa League.
Ray78

Postby Blue In Bolton » Tue May 03, 2016 5:10 am

Were we to finish in the Europa League places for the following season it may be a blessing in disguise in that we can field more of the youngsters and see if they are the real deal and ready for the challenges that go with first team football.
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David White

Postby john@staustell » Tue May 03, 2016 7:13 am

johnny99 wrote:Was talking to a city fan today about yesterday's shit show
Talking about team selection and all that
When he said to me
I don't give a shit about the champions league
But we need to finish in the top 4 so we are in it next year
We are 2 games away from winning it this year but yeah fuck it lets just make sure we are in it next year

If you dont give it your best shot one year - maybe the best chance - then wtf is the point in 'making sure you are in it next year'??

Pellegrini is in a hiding to nothing - but before the Kiev game he was slated left right and centre and a week later we were in the CL QF and had won the Cap Cup. This fella you spoke to needs to realise we are in the semi-final FFS.

But the only way it wil come out OK is if we win it. Having the same result with 8 changes as having a knackered team wont wash - but that's why these guys get paid millions of pounds to manage
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Return to The Maine Football forum