Leicester PL champions

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Leicester PL champions

Postby Mase » Tue May 03, 2016 6:59 am

'football has been saved'
'thanks Leicester for bringing back our love for the game'

Fuckin bollocks!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby ruralblue » Tue May 03, 2016 7:02 am

Well done to them just wish they'd done it Sunday. They won it we didn't the end.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue May 03, 2016 7:28 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:
phips wrote:City, Chelsea, and Arsenal should be embarrassed.

fair play to Leicester. they did what they needed to do by any means necessary.

but the 3 aforementioned clubs shouldve battling it out. think of all the money spent and you get back jack shit.

A lot more teams than that - Liverpool, Everton, Newcastle, Sunderland, Villa, Stoke. All bigger clubs with a bigger budget.

And the obvious one you missed where there was a great stat last night - the rags have spent more in the last two seasons than Leicester has in their entire 132 year history.

You won't see that on the BBC football page, on comparisons with us.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue May 03, 2016 7:44 am

but the 3 aforementioned clubs shouldve battling it out. think of all the money spent and you get back jack shit.

Where's the rags in your post you fuckin sad sack?or Spurs or Liverpool for that matter?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue May 03, 2016 7:51 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Where's the rags in your post you fuckin sad sack?or Spurs or Liverpool for that matter?

come on gives phipps a break
he's only been following soccer for a few years. liverpool and spurs are just bang average mid-table clubs in his eyes
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue May 03, 2016 9:27 am

Never mind how bad we or anyone else have been. Well done Leicester. Fully deserved. The most consistent team in the league over the last calendar year.
Great team performances.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Wonderwall » Tue May 03, 2016 9:44 am

There will be a few sore heads in Leicester this morning. Great story and fantasy stuff of dreams.

It is going to be very interesting next season on how they cope with the pressure of the gold badges and champions league travels too.

I wonder if they will keep their main players
Vardy
Okazaki
Mahrez
Kante
Schmeichel
Morgan
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby bigblue » Tue May 03, 2016 10:50 am

Wonderwall wrote:There will be a few sore heads in Leicester this morning. Great story and fantasy stuff of dreams.

It is going to be very interesting next season on how they cope with the pressure of the gold badges and champions league travels too.

Vardy
Okazaki
Mahrez
Kante
Schmeichel
Morgan

I'd be extremely surprised (and disappointed if I were a Leicester fan) if any of them left. They are Champions and get CL football. The club could cash out higher now, but the players get everything at Leicester next season that they would at a larger club (and are guaranteed to start in a system that is built around them)
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue May 03, 2016 10:53 am

It's another triumph for anti football.
Sure the plucky underdogs have won, but what horrible football
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue May 03, 2016 10:57 am

bigblue wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:There will be a few sore heads in Leicester this morning. Great story and fantasy stuff of dreams.

Vardy
Okazaki
Mahrez
Kante
Schmeichel
Morgan

I'd be extremely surprised (and disappointed if I were a Leicester fan) if any of them left. They are Champions and get CL football. The club could cash out higher now, but the players get everything at Leicester next season that they would at a larger club (and are guaranteed to start in a system that is built around them)

I'd be very surprised if Kante or Mahrez are still there next season, they will likely be offered double what they're getting paid now elsewhere and would be foolish to turn it down.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue May 03, 2016 11:04 am

you sir are a giant black and yellow coloured turd.

FACT.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby City64 » Tue May 03, 2016 11:15 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:It's another triumph for anti football.

There style worked , they play as team and for one another and this season it paid off to some tune ! Fucking hate this sour grapes shit , Leicester won on merit THE END !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby bigblue » Tue May 03, 2016 11:18 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
bigblue wrote:

Vardy
Okazaki
Mahrez
Kante
Schmeichel
Morgan

I'd be very surprised if Kante or Mahrez are still there next season, they will likely be offered double what they're getting paid now elsewhere and would be foolish to turn it down.

Can't believe I forgot about salary - the most important thing in modern society!
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue May 03, 2016 11:20 am

I think a lot of teams will wait and see how they fare next season before shelling out what would be a huge sums on players who could turn out to be one-season wonders.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby bigblue » Tue May 03, 2016 11:21 am

City64 wrote:

There style worked , they play as team and for one another and this season it paid off to some tune ! Fucking hate this sour grapes shit , Leicester won on merit THE END !

+1

I hate the term anti football. They played the game of football and won the league. If tiki taki is so much better, than prove it in the league next year because this year Leicester are champions!
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby bigblue » Tue May 03, 2016 11:22 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:I think a lot of teams will wait and see how they fare next season before shelling out what would be a huge sums on players who could turn out to be one-season wonders.

Lol. Don't be so naive, buying 1 season wonders is all the rage nowadays. Hell, even 1 tournament wonders get the big transfers now
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue May 03, 2016 11:25 am

bigblue wrote:
City64 wrote:

+1

I hate the term anti football. They played the game of football and won the league. If tiki taki is so much better, than prove it in the league next year because this year Leicester are champions!

Being champions does not make them the most enjoyable team to watch. Them and united are not entertainment unless you are a fan of eighties throwback, Howard Wilkinson football. I didn't like it then and I certainly don't enjoy watching it now.

It reminds me of Greece winning Euro 2004. Except without the plate-smashing knobheads we had on here.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby blues2win » Tue May 03, 2016 11:32 am

Way down on possession of the ball, dreadful on passing accuracy. What lesson can we learn? Certainly not to give up on our insistence on technical excellence 1 through 11. However, it is simply not good enough to monster other teams on possession. Excellent defensive organisation and determination essential and springing lightning fast from defence to attack also. There's no point in pretty passing in front of defences you have to get behind them. Our performance against Chelsea away from home against still a top team was perfect. That should be our template.

For now we have to pick ourselves up from whatever happens in the Bernabeu to beat Arsenal and Swansea. The prize is third which will be a huge deal come our pre season. I will forgive any result tomorrow as long we put our heart and soul into it.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby bigblue » Tue May 03, 2016 11:35 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
bigblue wrote:
City64 wrote:

+1

Being champions does not make them the most enjoyable team to watch. Them and united are not entertainment unless you are a fan of eighties throwback, Howard Wilkinson football. I didn't like it then and I certainly don't enjoy watching it now.

Just because a team plays unattractive football doesn't make it "anti football". It's not a negation of the sport or somehow attacking the spirit of the game. It's a different style that they've perfected.

For me one of the beautiful things about football is that there are so many different ways a team can approach the game. None of them are inherently bad unless you resort to diving, cheating... things against the rules.

And apart from Huth (who we could have used a few players like this year instead of fake hard men like Otter), Leicester weren't a dirty team, they just played incredible counter attacking football. They executed the type of counter attacks that we expected from our team. They got all the basics right, stayed organized, played as a team, and grinded out wins.

If Leicester were a cake, they might just have a thin layer of icing on the top. But we'd be a big glob of icing attempting to pass as a cake!

So hats off to them
Last edited by bigblue on Tue May 03, 2016 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue May 03, 2016 11:39 am

bigblue wrote:
City64 wrote:

+1

Agree. Most of what Leicester did this season is the bare minimum that should be expected of professionals - they gave their all everytime, ran around, chased people, chased lost causes, blocked shots.

If we'd put in the same level of effort, with the better players, we'd be 15 points clear of them. The lack of effort from the majority of teams in the league has been shown up.

And before anyone blames the CL, how many who started on Sunday will play tomorrow? Were Kolarov and Delph saving themselves? No, we're just a bunch of lazy, arrogant twats who got our arses handed to us by average footballers who cared enough to try.

Football always evolves and tika taka was doomed once Chelsea and Inter suffocated Barca, Bayern took them apart, then Spain were made to look like old men at the world cup by younger, more energetic teams. This season, we've been at least 3 years behind the times and deserved what we got. It'll be interesting to see if Pep can cope with Atletico tonight, as he's going to get that week in week out next season.

Well done, Leicester. Raised the bar again and now it's time for others to respond.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum