Leicester PL champions

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Leicester PL champions

Postby Fidel Castro » Tue May 03, 2016 11:39 am

Putting a tenner on them being relegated next season.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue May 03, 2016 11:40 am

bigblue wrote:Just because a team plays unattractive football doesn't make it "anti football". It's not a negation of the sport or somehow attacking the spirit of the game. It's a different style that they've perfected.

For me one of the beautiful things about football is that there are so many different ways a team can approach the game. None of them are inherently bad unless you resort to diving, cheating... things against the rules.

And apart from Huth (who we could have used a few players like this year instead of fake hard men like Otter), Leicester weren't a dirty team, they just played incredible counter attacking football. They executed the type of counter attacks that we expected from our team. So hats off to them

I never used the word "anti-football".

You may like the way Leicester play, that's up to you. I don't. I am not saying it is not successsful (because they have just won the league) or that they should not do it. Just that I have seen it before and I don't like watching it.

By the way, Leicester's top scorer is currently suspended for diving and aggressive behaviour towards the referee.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Crossie » Tue May 03, 2016 11:45 am

Well done, clap clap, now fuck off back to mid table/relegation when you have to totally change mentality next season. Teams will set up differently against them, expectations will be high, Champions League will suck them dry or desire to fight for every ball.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby bigblue » Tue May 03, 2016 11:47 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
bigblue wrote:Just because a team plays unattractive football doesn't make it "anti football". It's not a negation of the sport or somehow attacking the spirit of the game. It's a different style that they've perfected.

For me one of the beautiful things about football is that there are so many different ways a team can approach the game. None of them are inherently bad unless you resort to diving, cheating... things against the rules.

And apart from Huth (who we could have used a few players like this year instead of fake hard men like Otter), Leicester weren't a dirty team, they just played incredible counter attacking football. They executed the type of counter attacks that we expected from our team. So hats off to them

You may like the way Leicester play, that's up to you. I don't. I am not saying it is not successsful (because they have just won the league) or that they should not do it. Just that I have seen it before and I don't like watching it.

By the way, Leicester's top scorer is currently suspended for diving and aggressive behaviour towards the referee.

You missed my whole point of you claim that I like how they play (which I've never said). Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's bad, and I have massive, massive respect for what they've accomplished.

Get the lemon from out your mouth, you're sounding way too bitter towards a huge underdog story and incredible achievement
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby ShimmyShaker » Tue May 03, 2016 11:48 am

I've been living and working in Leicester for 14 years and obviously have a lot of good friends who are Leicester City fans, they are celebrating like we did the first time we won the premier league, a mixture of disbelief and euphoria. They were all pleased when we won it and I'll be going in to work tomorrow with a smile on my face and enjoying the atmosphere. I can tell you not one of them gives a solitary fuck about the style of play, they never thought this day would come, they wouldn't be celebrating now if they tried to play attractive football all season.
ShimmyShaker
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: KDB

Postby bigblue » Tue May 03, 2016 11:49 am

Crossie wrote:Well done, clap clap, now fuck off back to mid table/relegation when you have to totally change mentality next season. Teams will set up differently against them, expectations will be high, Champions League will suck them dry or desire to fight for every ball.

What a miserable bastard you are. You sound like a scouse/rag/arse fan if City had won the league 10 years ago.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Wonderwall » Tue May 03, 2016 11:58 am

Leicester may well have put in the effort and fought for each other. But it's the manager that gave them licence too. You won't see vardy back at a corner, he likes to leave him where he can hurt teams. It seems common sense and something pellers does not possess. Sergio, sterling and navas brought back for every corner even when we need a goal. Woeful.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue May 03, 2016 12:40 pm

bigblue wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

You missed my whole point of you claim that I like how they play (which I've never said). Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's bad, and I have massive, massive respect for what they've accomplished.

Get the lemon from out your mouth, you're sounding way too bitter towards a huge underdog story and incredible achievement

There is no lemon in my mouth. There is no room, what with all the words you are putting in there that I haven't actually said.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Cocacolajojo » Tue May 03, 2016 1:10 pm

bigblue wrote:What a miserable bastard you are. You sound like a scouse/rag/arse fan if City had won the league 10 years ago.

I don't know about the miserable bastard part but I agree with the rest.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby phips » Tue May 03, 2016 1:26 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
phips wrote:City, Chelsea, and Arsenal should be embarrassed.

fair play to Leicester. they did what they needed to do by any means necessary.

but the 3 aforementioned clubs shouldve battling it out. think of all the money spent and you get back jack shit.

Where's the rags in your post you fuckin sad sack?or Spurs or Liverpool for that matter?

what's this, you want me to give United credit and call them a good team that shouldve been battling it out for the title?
if i had included United in the list i'd be called a rag. i leave them out and im an idiot. i see.

Liverpool are shit. they had zero chance of winning the title. i left Spurs off because they shouldn't be embarrassed. they are finishing 2nd and above Arsenal for the first time in a long time--thats a good season.

than you for demonstrating in the clearest way possible that you (and everyone else) didn't read my actual post but just saw my username and decided to insult me. i insult United and im criticized for it...didnt think id see the day.
Last edited by phips on Tue May 03, 2016 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Original Dub » Tue May 03, 2016 1:33 pm

You said "Think of the money spent".

If the rags don't fall into that criticism I don't know who does.
You absolute cunt
Original Dub

Postby phips » Tue May 03, 2016 1:44 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:

but the 3 aforementioned clubs shouldve battling it out. think of all the money spent and you get back jack shit.

A lot more teams than that - Liverpool, Everton, Newcastle, Sunderland, Villa, Stoke. All bigger clubs with a bigger budget.

And the obvious one you missed where there was a great stat last night - the rags have spent more in the last two seasons than Leicester has in their entire 132 year history.

all true. and in the grand scheme of things youre absolutely right.

but as i was specifically talking about the clubs who, before the season, were thought of as the select few with a legitimate chance to be battling it out for the title. thus, none of those made the brief list i mentioned.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue May 03, 2016 2:03 pm

phips wrote:

Where's the rags in your post you fuckin sad sack?or Spurs or Liverpool for that matter?

what's this, you want me to give United credit and call them a good team that shouldve been battling it out for the title?
if i had included United in the list i'd be called a rag. i leave them out and im an idiot. i see.

Liverpool are shit. they had zero chance of winning the title. i left Spurs off because they shouldn't be embarrassed. they are finishing 2nd and above Arsenal for the first time in a long time--thats a good season.

than you for demonstrating in the clearest way possible that you (and everyone else) didn't read my actual post but just saw my username and decided to insult me. i insult United and im criticized for it...didnt think id see the day.

Yes they should be challenging for the title you moron.

Just because the rag propaganda machine suggested that finishing third this year would be considered a good season doesn't mean that's true.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue May 03, 2016 2:27 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:Putting a tenner on them being relegated next season.

I wonder which will be better odds for them - defending the title, or getting relegated?
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue May 03, 2016 3:42 pm

phips wrote:

Bullshit argument asbusual Phips.
If you are going to mention the money spent thenvyes you should have mentioned United and Liverpool.
You're a WUM. I'm finally fully convinced.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby City64 » Tue May 03, 2016 4:42 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
phips wrote:

Bullshit argument asbusual Phips.
If you are going to mention the money spent thenvyes you should have mentioned United and Liverpool.
You're a WUM. I'm finally fully convinced.

How many times do I have tell everyone on this site he is a cyber crank ??? I am also convinced several different rags use this user name / account ....... no two posts are ever the same if you have time to read them back . WW needs to fuck these cranks right off can't believe they are still posting , seriously fucked up stalker type cunts !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sheblue » Tue May 03, 2016 5:40 pm

Well done leceister. don't begrudge them.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby nottsblue » Tue May 03, 2016 7:17 pm

If any females in your family or at work ask you what the fuss about Leicester winning the PL is just explain it's the equivalent of Adele winning the London marathon
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby freshie » Tue May 03, 2016 7:31 pm

Same here. What odds did you get? The best i've found is 50/1
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zuricity » Tue May 03, 2016 7:47 pm

i am putting 20 on . Deffo.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum