aleksandar kolarov

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: aleksandar kolarov

Postby Dunnylad » Mon May 02, 2016 8:29 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Dunnylad wrote:At least he was nearly there for their 4th, Hart beaten at his near post, Mangala oblivious to what was going on around him, none of that absolves Kolarov from a poor performance, but this witch-hunt against one player masks that there were far too many players having lamentable performances yesterday

Nearly there!!! Should have gone for that with his head in which case he would have got a foul for dangerous kicking. Might have woken him up too.

That not their 3rd? Too many goals too many could have been stopped by half decent defending
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby sheblue » Mon May 02, 2016 8:31 am

Is he gone to China yet?
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Sister of fu » Mon May 02, 2016 8:39 am

A witchhunt....did you see what did yesterday. There is trying and playing poorly and then there is not giving a fuck, yesterday was the latter.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby City64 » Mon May 02, 2016 8:46 am

Kolarov hasn't give a fuck all season , a stronger manager wouldn't let him anywhere near the first team squad . His pathetic attempt at turning up yesterday just about sums up our Premier League campaign this season . Not on his own yesterday with a shocking half arsed attitude and work rate but he was head and shoulders the biggest disgrace !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Mon May 02, 2016 9:07 am

Kolarov couldn't give a fuck yesterday. Neither could the manager. So if the manager couldn't give a fuck at the top, as he hasn't all season, shouldn't that be more of a worry?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Sister of fu » Mon May 02, 2016 9:17 am

Mase wrote:Kolarov couldn't give a fuck yesterday. Neither could the manager. So if the manager couldn't give a fuck at the top, as he hasn't all season, shouldn't that be more of a worry?

Two disastrous premier league campaigns where we have failed to compete. Losing 10 games in one season. Shocking. Potentially in the Europa league next season. He has been replaced for these reasons. If we hadn't got Pep we would have gone for someone else as Pellers hasn't been good enough at the bread and butter stuff like competing in the league.
Sister of fu

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Dunnylad » Mon May 02, 2016 9:54 am

Sister of fu wrote:A witchhunt....did you see what did yesterday. There is trying and playing poorly and then there is not giving a fuck, yesterday was the latter.

He's been consistently called out for many a season now - yesterday was not excusable, but it shouldn't blind people that there are others around him who are being masked by the complete focus on him. The excuse now being peddled that if we played Saturday it would have been different, just allows people to coast - why wouldn't you if you knew your boss would just continually cover your ass
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Mase » Mon May 02, 2016 10:06 am

The whole season has been handled terribly. People have said 'oh well Pellers won't be here next season so he probably doesn't give a fuck about getting top 4' the same could be said about a few of those players yesterday. It shouldn't be like that be this is the modern day footballer.

You've got players like Kolarov and Bony (not sure what Sterling's excuse was) that’s know full well they won't be here next season and that they 100% won't be playing against Real. So what's to stop them not giving a fuck? It shouldn't be like that but it is.

Like I say, the whole season has just been handled badly from top to bottom.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby getdressedmctavish » Mon May 02, 2016 10:22 am

I've defended Kolarov. He did well when Cliché was out and offered far more than Cliché in attack with not too bad defending. But the display yesterday and at Newcastle was a two fingers to the team and the fans purely because he knew he wasn't selected for RMadrid. As Big Blue says elsewhere, in a pub team (or if we were a team), he would have got a fat lip from one of those who cared. Unfortunately, apart from Nacho, there didn't appear to be anyone who did care, least of all the fucking manager. Kolarov will get it in the ear from the fans next week and rightly so. What a huge number of fucking mardy arsed ill disciplined bunch of wankers we have got for our fucking billions. There has got to be something wrong at board level to allow this kind of thing to happen so many times, probably starting with the leeway given to the manager who should have been out the door after the Liverpool at home debacle. Once that was allowed, every fucking cheat in the squad knew it was open house.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby City64 » Mon May 02, 2016 10:46 am

Also throw into the mix that Pellegrini gave the team selected an excuse not to perform with his lame blast at the FA in his Friday presser for not bringing the game forward 24 hours . Its as if MCFC as a club have given up on the Premier League since we won our group stage of the CL and these half arsed PL performances have become common place .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby nottsblue » Mon May 02, 2016 11:04 am

As has been said before, the team on the field is a reflection of the manager. If the players dont think the manager is giving 100% then that will filter down. Bacon was a cunt but he rarely had players not putting a shift in and they were soon fucked off in any case. Pep seems to be cut from the same mould so i for one am hoping we dont witness yesterday again. Not the defeat as they will happen, but the manner of it.

A number of our playing staff are going to get a very big rude awakening from July. Bring it on
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby City64 » Mon May 02, 2016 11:20 am

nottsblue wrote:As has been said before, the team on the field is a reflection of the manager. If the players dont think the manager is giving 100% then that will filter down. Bacon was a cunt but he rarely had players not putting a shift in and they were soon fucked off in any case. Pep seems to be cut from the same mould so i for one am hoping we dont witness yesterday again. Not the defeat as they will happen, but the manner of it.

A number of our playing staff are going to get a very big rude awakening from July. Bring it on

Here here !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon May 02, 2016 12:35 pm

nottsblue wrote:As has been said before, the team on the field is a reflection of the manager. If the players dont think the manager is giving 100% then that will filter down. Bacon was a cunt but he rarely had players not putting a shift in and they were soon fucked off in any case. Pep seems to be cut from the same mould so i for one am hoping we dont witness yesterday again. Not the defeat as they will happen, but the manner of it.

It's a malaise that has been present in our squad for years, even when at times in title winning years. That ruthlessness we are hoping for and I agree with you on that, is something that nobody should be exempt from.
We discuss on here the pros and cons of youth in the team or in the squad. For me, 4-5 youth team players who've progressed through the ranks, pushing those that haven't performed out of the match squad and starting team if necessary, would eliminate performances like we saw from SOME yesterday.
I'm hoping Pep overhauls a regime. Overhaul might be overstating it. I think all the basic ingredients are in place, the recipe just needs tweaking.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby branny » Mon May 02, 2016 1:13 pm

I hope I never see him in a City shirt again after that second goal. He can't be arsed doing what he is primarily in the team for which is defend. Joe Hart was laughing and shaking his head. He should have been giving him a bollocking for his lack of effort. His left foot is overrated as well. Sick of seeing him put it into row z from 30yds out.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby bigblue » Mon May 02, 2016 2:00 pm

Mase wrote:You've got players like Kolarov and Bony (not sure what Sterling's excuse was) that’s know full well they won't be here next season and that they 100% won't be playing against Real. So what's to stop them not giving a fuck? It shouldn't be like that but it is.

Many things should stop them from not giving a fuck:

1. Their personal pride
2. Respect for their teammates
3. Knowing that they get paid as much (or more) to run around a pitch for 90 mins each week as most fans do for a years worth of 9-5 work.
4. The chance to show millions of people why you should be starting vs Real and/or remind other clubs why they should offer you a fat contract in the summer

But what we got from Kolarov was inexcusable:

https://streamable.com/h0q2

Last game he showed that he has little to no personal pride, no respect for his teammates, no respect for the fans, and doesn't deserve a spot in our squad let alone second string. I saw that MEN gave him a 2 rating which is just about the worst I can ever remember. Sums it up really.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mase » Mon May 02, 2016 2:09 pm

bigblue wrote:
Mase wrote:You've got players like Kolarov and Bony (not sure what Sterling's excuse was) that’s know full well they won't be here next season and that they 100% won't be playing against Real. So what's to stop them not giving a fuck? It shouldn't be like that but it is.

Many things should stop them from not giving a fuck:

1. Their personal pride
2. Respect for their teammates
3. Knowing that they get paid as much (or more) to run around a pitch for 90 mins each week as most fans do for a years worth of 9-5 work.
4. The chance to show millions of people why you should be starting vs Real and/or remind other clubs why they should offer you a fat contract in the summer

But what we got from Kolarov was inexcusable:

https://streamable.com/h0q2

Last game he showed that he has little to no personal pride, no respect for his teammates, no respect for the fans, and doesn't deserve a spot in our squad let alone second string. I saw that MEN gave him a 2 rating which is just about the worst I can ever remember. Sums it up really.

I totally agree mate. I'm not defending it, just telling people why it's happening.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby freshie » Mon May 02, 2016 4:33 pm

Mase wrote:Kolarov couldn't give a fuck yesterday. Neither could the manager. So if the manager couldn't give a fuck at the top, as he hasn't all season, shouldn't that be more of a worry?

The manager's going at the end of the season. I can only hope that Kolarov follows him
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon May 02, 2016 6:28 pm

I detest Kolarov with a passion and his performance yesterday was another disgrace. But we know what we get from him. I was more annoyed with the performance of a number of the others, particularly Delph. The goal from the corner was from him giving the ball away in their half - anyone can do that, but he jogged back, just behind the ball with no attempt to get it back.

Kolarov has had his time and must know he's out, Delph has got a chance at last and should be having to be carried off the pitch each game
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Tony P » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:46 pm

As a centre-mid? LOVE IT!!!!!!!
Tony P
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Slim » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:49 pm

Maybe we should rename the thread, "What does Kolarov actually do?"