We've now lost more games that the RAgs :(

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

We've now lost more games that the RAgs :(

Postby PaulieIrish » Sun May 01, 2016 8:04 pm

10 league losses out of 36 this season. Fucking incredible for a team with the players we have.
Last edited by PaulieIrish on Sun May 01, 2016 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PaulieIrish
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Re: We've now lost more games that the RAgs :(

Postby Ray78 » Sun May 01, 2016 8:06 pm

And yet we are in the Semi Finals of the Champions League and have won a trophy. Very strange.
Ray78
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Erm.......

Postby PaulieIrish » Sun May 01, 2016 8:09 pm

Oh, and if I see another article about "The best is yet to come" or "We are hungry for success" or some other shit like that from a player before a game, I think I'll fucking explode...
PaulieIrish
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Ray78 » Sun May 01, 2016 8:12 pm

Next season will be better.
Ray78

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun May 01, 2016 8:15 pm

10 out of 36, but yes very disappointing. The squad we have is not nearly as good as it should be though. You only lose that many games if you are not good enough to do better. Bony, Sterling, Delph, otter, MDM just not good enough. I suspect that 20 mins into the game in Madrid we will realise the stupidity of today. We will need to beat Arsenal next week, but given we haven't beaten any of the top 6 this season then that is unlikely. We lost the top 4 place for me today but we don't deserve it. The one positive is that Leicester and Spurs weren't in that this season but finished in the top two. 3 games to go and I can't wait for it to finish.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby nottsblue » Sun May 01, 2016 8:18 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if in the next three years under Pep we only lose eleven or twelve. If that. Puts this season into perspective if that's the case. We shall see
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby phips » Sun May 01, 2016 8:38 pm

whats the record vs. the current top 10? still less than 9 points from 18 matches?
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby sheblue » Sun May 01, 2016 8:41 pm

I didn't realise we lost more than jam rag scum. That is utterly disgusting. Shocking stuff, we must weed out the cancer in the squad.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun May 01, 2016 8:42 pm

A team of complete wankers.

And fuck off Phips you cunt.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Michigan Blue » Sun May 01, 2016 8:44 pm

More sickening is the nature of the losses - we've been absolutely blown away several times this season. Inexcusable.
"Certainly our programme is a full one, but as a player and as a manager I've always felt that there is only one way to go into a season...and that's to try to win every game.... While we are in four major competitions we shall try to win four major competitions." - Joe Mercer
Michigan Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun May 01, 2016 8:49 pm

We have lost 4 more games than West Ham. Roll on next season.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun May 01, 2016 8:52 pm

6 out of them 10 defeats have come in games either preceding or following CL games.

We've dropped a bollock putting too much focus on CL this year in my opinion.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Ray78 » Sun May 01, 2016 9:01 pm

Pellegrini hasn't got the best out of the squad player but a few of those defeats the officials had played a huge part and we were missing key players in those games.
Ray78

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun May 01, 2016 9:30 pm

Ray78 wrote:Pellegrini hasn't got the best out of the squad player but a few of those defeats the officials had played a huge part and we were missing key players in those games.

Spurs got a disgraceful decision (as bad as Aguero against Newcastle) but we mentally fell apart because of it. That's happened many times this season. The team play with all the urgency and desire of that bloke who sits next to Pellegrini. August can't come soon enough
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun May 01, 2016 9:33 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
Ray78 wrote:Pellegrini hasn't got the best out of the squad player but a few of those defeats the officials had played a huge part and we were missing key players in those games.

Spurs got a disgraceful decision (as bad as Aguero against Newcastle) but we mentally fell apart because of it. That's happened many times this season. The team play with all the urgency and desire of that bloke who sits next to Pellegrini. August can't come soon enough

Yeah, that Spurs game came to mind reading Ray's post but you're spot on, we shat ourselves that day, I recall being very concerned at how we fell apart that day.

Edit: just to add, there were two disgraceful offside decisions that day but point remains.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ray78 » Sun May 01, 2016 9:47 pm

That points to the loss of a key player in Kompany who is the captain and the one who keeps it all together when they cross the white line. Yaya is incapable of that role and we do lack a few players who can do that job. Against Leicester we could of salvaged something if we had been given the penalty in the first half (the foul on Zaba which was in the box not outside). West Ham second goal wasn't a corner (although we didn't deal with) and because of that we were up against it. The home game against Spurs they were gifted a penalty.
Ray78

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun May 01, 2016 9:53 pm

I guess it does Ray but that in itself is a worry, the one player that holds us together can't hold his calves together.

It's not something that can be remedied quickly either unless the dynamic in the dressing room changes completely when Guardiola comes in.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun May 01, 2016 10:16 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:

Yeah, that Spurs game came to mind reading Ray's post but you're spot on, we shat ourselves that day, I recall being very concerned at how we fell apart that day.

Edit: just to add, there were two disgraceful offside decisions that day but point remains.

Think there were 3 that were offside (first one, Kane from freekick and another) but we didn't get someone sent off for nutting the linesman, we didn't surround the ref, we didn't snap Kane in two for the sheer hell of it, we just sulked and let them take the piss. Sums up the last two fucking seasons
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ray78 » Sun May 01, 2016 10:17 pm

True Finbd but it is easily solved if any of our new signings are natural leaders.
Ray78

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun May 01, 2016 10:21 pm

Ray78 wrote:That points to the loss of a key player in Kompany who is the captain and the one who keeps it all together when they cross the white line. Yaya is incapable of that role and we do lack a few players who can do that job. Against Leicester we could of salvaged something if we had been given the penalty in the first half (the foul on Zaba which was in the box not outside). West Ham second goal wasn't a corner (although we didn't deal with) and because of that we were up against it. The home game against Spurs they were gifted a penalty.

If, if, if. One of the papers published the meaningless table where they review all the dodgy decisions and assume all penalties will be scored, that a goal just changes the result rather than how the two teams play the rest of the game etc and we ended up about 7th.

Good teams get annoyed about bad decisions and do something about it. We behave like a teenage girl who's just been dumped
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum