Who should play striker v Madrid?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Who should play striker v Madrid?

Postby nottsblue » Thu May 05, 2016 4:13 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:
bigblue wrote:Aguero hasn't had a single shot on target in the last 5 CL games. That's atrocious

shocking statistic. he has been incredibly ineffectual.

To be honest, this was one of the main reasons i posed the question
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri May 06, 2016 4:15 am

nottsblue wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:
bigblue wrote:Aguero hasn't had a single shot on target in the last 5 CL games. That's atrocious

But we have only lost one of those games. Does it really matter who has the shots on target?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby nottsblue » Fri May 06, 2016 5:59 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:

But we have only lost one of those games. Does it really matter who has the shots on target?

In the scheme of things no, but if my forward hasn't got a shot on target in five games i am concerned. Its not as if Aguero is Tevez like in his tenacity which helps the team.
nottsblue

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri May 06, 2016 7:07 am

nottsblue wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:

In the scheme of things no, but if my forward hasn't got a shot on target in five games i am concerned. Its not as if Aguero is Tevez like in his tenacity which helps the team.

It's a good thing Tevez was tenacious because in his 12 appearances in European competition for us he scored a grand total of zero goals.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri May 06, 2016 7:30 am

nottsblue wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:But we have only lost one of those games. Does it really matter who has the shots on target?

I agree with you in the main, mate, but it is only really a problem in the sense that for some reason the chances are not falling to the player we want them falling to. Why that would be is the can of worms I am not opening.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Wooders » Fri May 06, 2016 7:38 am

I dont know if it was pellegrinis choice or us his own but he was so far back on the pitch on weds night he was not close enough to the goal to get a shot on target
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby nottsblue » Fri May 06, 2016 6:36 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:

It's a good thing Tevez was tenacious because in his 12 appearances in European competition for us he scored a grand total of zero goals.

Would you rather have Tevez who may not have scored but put himself about or Aguero based on Wednesdays performance?
nottsblue

Postby freshie » Sat May 07, 2016 8:45 pm

Wooders wrote:I dont know if it was pellegrinis choice or us his own but he was so far back on the pitch on weds night he was not close enough to the goal to get a shot on target

I thought he was dropping deep due to the complete lack of service. It's as though he thought that was the only way he was going to see any of the ball - and he was probably right
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat May 07, 2016 11:09 pm

freshie wrote:
Wooders wrote:I dont know if it was pellegrinis choice or us his own but he was so far back on the pitch on weds night he was not close enough to the goal to get a shot on target

I thought he was dropping deep due to the complete lack of service. It's as though he thought that was the only way he was going to see any of the ball - and he was probably right

Sort of disagree with all this. He did drop back a few times but then what did he do? Absolutely nothing bar give it back to the person who gave it to him.I felt the problem was as much his lack of movement to create space or look to receive balls as it was the service being dire. And if and when a ball was played to him his desire to keep it or do something of value was completely missing. He didn't seem that interested to me.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Swales4ever » Sun May 08, 2016 12:08 am

at risk of being charged under the common law criminal offences of sedition ( lèse-majesté) I'd like to strees again the point that:
a) sergio has always been the kind of striker that hang on waiting for decent delivery in or on the edge of the box and strike, while a very top striker should create occasions for assistance as eloquentely explained by DH
b) this attitude seems to be aggravated this season, God only knows whether for some kind of fear or back consequences of recent enjuries, or if he just went pissed and feeling "saudade" as several southern americans tand to feel at a certain stage of career.

whatever truth stands, its certain that no team, be it managed by Pep or JC in person, can be effective with a lone stiker who does not create occasions for assistance.

I for one would go as far as to say that, if we had a daring management, we would sell him while still on almost top of his value. If ot was to me, Id go to PSG and propose a swap of Kun for Cavani and Silva. Fixing either attack and defence.
easy to say in a forum, but still...

free abuse allowed, giving the sensible argument.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby freshie » Sun May 08, 2016 12:16 am

Swales4ever wrote:at risk of being charged under the common law criminal offences of sedition ( lèse-majesté) I'd like to strees again the point that:
a) sergio has always been the kind of striker that hang on waiting for decent delivery in or on the edge of the box and strike, while a very top striker should create occasions for assistance as eloquentely explained by DH
b) this attitude seems to be aggravated this season, God only knows whether for some kind of fear or back consequences of recent enjuries, or if he just went pissed and feeling "saudade" as several southern americans tand to feel at a certain stage of career.

whatever truth stands, its certain that no team, be it managed by Pep or JC in person, can be effective with a lone stiker who does not create occasions for assistance.

I for one would go as far as to say that, if we had a daring management, we would sell him while still on almost top of his value. If ot was to me, Id go to PSG and propose a swap of Kun for Cavani and Silva. Fixing either attack and defence.

Cavani? Are you serious? He was anonymous against us and isn't a patch on Aguero
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Swales4ever » Sun May 08, 2016 1:06 am

freshie wrote:
Swales4ever wrote:at risk of being charged under the common law criminal offences of sedition ( lèse-majesté) I'd like to strees again the point that:

Cavani? Are you serious? He was anonymous against us and isn't a patch on Aguero

yes mate, Im very serious.
certainly not claiming that Cavani should be regarded as the very best, but certainly is a kind of striker which, while retaining a very decent cool in front of the goal, does provide a great deal of movement, hence width for the whole attacking line.
please refer to the games you could have seen during his staying at Napoli, before going to Paris.

as far as the anonymous against us is concerned, dont forget that this season he has been largely fringed for the very exact reason that the system PSG plays does not fit with 2 strikers, which is the way Blanc has set PSG vs us, probably upon pressure from the press.
A shrwed use by Pep of either him or the next-gen hero Nachoman, would enhance our attancking performance big time, also providing a natural growth and experience building for Kelechi, free of the much pressure he might face if he would be elected as first choice starter, maybe a little too early. Im convinced, though Im no fool not to envisage it as very difficult to come true.

this at least my half p.

2. "ACID QUEEN"

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby nottsblue » Sun May 08, 2016 8:06 am

Wouldn't disagree to much there. He could only be let go if a suitable replacement was procured. That would be tricky. But we are seeing this season what happens when players are kept on once they are past their prime. Yaya being the obvious example. Kompany to a degree another. Whether Aguero has reached that point of optimal value, I hope not, but the signs aren't good. He isn't as sharp around the edge of the box as he once was and he appears to have lost a little hunger. Give him the benefit of doubt as he has earned it as maybe he is fed up with the football and system under Pellegrini. Perhaps under Pep he will be invigorated and get back to his old self. But if in a year there is no marked improvement in attitude, then reluctantly look to sell
nottsblue

Postby freshie » Sun May 08, 2016 9:23 am

Swales4ever wrote:
freshie wrote:

yes mate, Im very serious.
certainly not claiming that Cavani should be regarded as the very best, but certainly is a kind of striker which, while retaining a very decent cool in front of the goal, does provide a great deal of movement, hence width for the whole attacking line.
please refer to the games you could have seen during his staying at Napoli, before going to Paris.

as far as the anonymous against us is concerned, dont forget that this season he has been largely fringed for the very exact reason that the system PSG plays does not fit with 2 strikers, which is the way Blanc has set PSG vs us, probably upon pressure from the press.
A shrwed use by Pep of either him or the next-gen hero Nachoman, would enhance our attancking performance big time, also providing a natural growth and experience building for Kelechi, free of the much pressure he might face if he would be elected as first choice starter, maybe a little too early. Im convinced, though Im no fool not to envisage it as very difficult to come true.

this at least my half p.

The thing is the Cavani we saw at Napoli is now a shadow of his former self. And you think Kun is past it! Priceless
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Swales4ever » Mon May 09, 2016 8:19 pm

freshie wrote:
The thing is the Cavani we saw at Napoli is now a shadow of his former self. And you think Kun is past it! Priceless

never said, nor even intended that.
granted that I started the post by outlining it was a borderline, slightly anticipated, offseason talk, I lay it down to my limited handling of Yr language and rest my case, which in his actual significance, btw, has been taken by several well respected poster all along the season.

2. "ACID QUEEN"

Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed May 11, 2016 10:45 am

7 goals in April have earned @MCFC's @aguerosergiokun the April Player of the Month Award #SpiritoftheGame
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Cocacolajojo » Wed May 11, 2016 11:04 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:7 goals in April have earned @MCFC's @aguerosergiokun the April Player of the Month Award #SpiritoftheGame

We need to crush Swansea with 6-0 and always make sure to give the ball to Sergio so he can score those six goals and win the golden boot.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum