Pep vs. Moanio - anybody worried?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pep vs. Moanio - anybody worried?

Postby Swales4ever » Sat May 21, 2016 11:44 pm

we get the best - they got the clownest.
I'm fine.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby blues2win » Sat May 21, 2016 11:45 pm

Honestly bring it on.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Swales4ever » Sat May 21, 2016 11:58 pm

I miss Gollum, tho.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat May 21, 2016 11:58 pm

Forgot to mention, it's their obsession with us that has led them to this. They don't want this guy but they want the spotlight on them. Hopefully it turns out to be too high a price to pay, which I think it will. #Motherfuckers
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Michigan Blue » Sun May 22, 2016 12:05 am

Only reason Maureen worries me is that he's just one bad result from doing something mad like biting off Silva's ear, or catapulting a diseased cow carcass over the walls of the CFA.

He lost his fucking mind when he was in Madrid.
"Certainly our programme is a full one, but as a player and as a manager I've always felt that there is only one way to go into a season...and that's to try to win every game.... While we are in four major competitions we shall try to win four major competitions." - Joe Mercer
Michigan Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby freshie » Sun May 22, 2016 12:58 am

Worried? Haha
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby phips » Sun May 22, 2016 4:28 am

hope we get to see some manager clashes on the touchline ala Mancini vs. Fergie or Pep vs. Mourinho in the old Classico days. thats immensely entertaining and their storied rivalry will add some spice back into the Manchester derbies, as long as there's no diving.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby john@staustell » Sun May 22, 2016 6:34 am

It's the only desperate move they could make. There'll be the initial surge, leading to the inevitable train wreck.

He's a spent force and the Chelsea players wouldn't play for him anymore
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby nottsblue » Sun May 22, 2016 6:37 am

Must be just me then. He is a proven winner at every club. Yes, his methods are questionable and he is detestable but he is a massive upgrade on Moyes or LVG. This upcoming season is the most important one, not the one in three or four years and i think he wil have the rags as title challengers again. Not like this season.

Also remember we have to up our own game this season as well or they could well finish above us. Long term it will probably end in tears but lets worry about the next season first
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun May 22, 2016 6:48 am

nottsblue wrote:Must be just me then. He is a proven winner at every club. Yes, his methods are questionable and he is detestable but he is a massive upgrade on Moyes or LVG. This upcoming season is the most important one, not the one in three or four years and i think he wil have the rags as title challengers again. Not like this season.

Also remember we have to up our own game this season as well or they could well finish above us. Long term it will probably end in tears but lets worry about the next season first

I agree with this. They will probably hit the ground running next season and I think almost certainly will be a challenger as he knows how to grind out results with an inferior team. Mourinho will soon alienate the fans with his style of play though, particularly if he doesn't start like a train - and this is the thing that will be interesting considering they seem to dislike Van Ghoul because of his style of play. Essentially they have this coming season to get it right, and potentially the season after. By the 3rd season they will be in chaos, (if it hasn't happened sooner that is).

I just hope in 3 years time when Pep gets bored and moves on to Italy we don't swap managers.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Two's Kompany » Sun May 22, 2016 7:03 am

For me this is an appointment that smacks of panic.
It's almost irrational and has been made to counter our appointment of Pep.
This is not a considered move, more one made in the heat of the moment.
As said above 'it's all about the next season' not the ones in 2&3 years time. However Terry, Lampard and Drogba aint in place to tell everyone he's the best coach in the world.
He was treated with skepticism by the Madrid players who didn't buy into his draconian methods and while he was a hero at Inter, the Italians are quite happy to accept that style of leadership and play.
He also tries to make it personal, but Guardiola will be ready for that, unlike Wenger who falls for his tricks every time.
As someone on here used to have on their strapline on here: 'Fight the argument of the man rather than the man of the argument.'
Mourinho won't do that and hopefully that will be his downfall once again.
Two's Kompany
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Anyone in a City shirt!

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun May 22, 2016 7:32 am

If they'd got Simeone or Pocettino or Koeman, or had been able to get Klopp or Pep, I'd have been worried that a strategy was appearing. But Maureen! Ha fucking ha.

Rags I know didn't want him when he was leaving Madrid and don't like his football. After this season, they've been saying at least we'd win stuff but I'm not sure that is certain. Next season is going to be tough just to make the top 4, so how long will he get if it's not working and they're 6th? I don't see him lasting more than 18 months, but he could easily be another Moyes and gone by Easter
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Cocacolajojo » Sun May 22, 2016 7:49 am

Alioune DVToure wrote:Moanio: the dodgiest stab at a new nickname since 'Fanandildo'

Yes, indeed.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby freshie » Sun May 22, 2016 7:52 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Must be just me then. He is a proven winner at every club. Yes, his methods are questionable and he is detestable but he is a massive upgrade on Moyes or LVG. This upcoming season is the most important one, not the one in three or four years and i think he wil have the rags as title challengers again. Not like this season.

I agree with this. They will probably hit the ground running next season and I think almost certainly will be a challenger as he knows how to grind out results with an inferior team. Mourinho will soon alienate the fans with his style of play though, particularly if he doesn't start like a train - and this is the thing that will be interesting considering they seem to dislike Van Ghoul because of his style of play. Essentially they have this coming season to get it right, and potentially the season after. By the 3rd season they will be in chaos, (if it hasn't happened sooner that is).

I just hope in 3 years time when Pep gets bored and moves on to Italy we don't swap managers.

Really can't see us ever appointing moureen. He goes against everything our club stands for and his reluctanty to promote academy players would make our grand academy futile
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john@staustell » Sun May 22, 2016 7:55 am

Player wise they are light years behind us, the table lies! And we will surely sign some good uns, whilst they are stuck on Thursday nights
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun May 22, 2016 8:08 am

freshie wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

Really can't see us ever appointing moureen. He goes against everything our club stands for and his reluctanty to promote academy players would make our grand academy futile

Thankfully him going to the rags would make it that much more difficult for him to come here in the future.

But on the youth thing, our last two managers don't seem to have been all that interested in bringing talent through either. Fundamentally, if the talent is good enough, any manager would give the player a shot regardless of age. Nacho has made it through because he is a good player, he would have made it through under Mancini and Mourinho because he's in the squad on merit.

Regarding the others who may be on the periphery in our youth ranks, most if not all, are nowhere near PL standard yet.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Slim » Sun May 22, 2016 8:21 am

PrezIke wrote:Mata set to be sold by the same manager twice.

He and Yaya can create a support group.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sun May 22, 2016 8:26 am

Slim wrote:
PrezIke wrote:Mata set to be sold by the same manager twice.

He and Yaya can create a support group.

Would've been interesting to see whether Terry had followed Mourinho had he not signed his contract extension
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun May 22, 2016 8:57 am

Has he actually signed it?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mase » Sun May 22, 2016 9:15 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:Has he actually signed it?

Nope.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum