ched evans

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ched evans

Postby Cocacolajojo » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:57 pm

PeterParker wrote:What about the ”victim”?

Any charges towards that?

Also seems to be some ado about evans' fiancee offering people money to provide evidence of Evans innocence. Don't know whay to make of that though.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby Mase » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:57 pm

Absolutely buzzing for the lad. Hopefully Jessic Ennis breaks her leg and can't compete again. Tramp.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Mase » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:12 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:I think he's gulity as sin and he's only getting this mistrial because he's thrown money at it.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:16 pm

kinsey wrote:
But I have more sympathy for the girl involved. Again, she has a lot of questions to ask of herself, but the way this case has spiralled and gone on and on, I just feel that in many ways, she has paid a bigger price for this than anyone.

Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:39 pm

It's the system and all these social justice warriors to blame for what was just a sleazy episode that should never have gone any further resulting in the whole sorry saga.
I'm sure the alleged victim was pressured to bring it to court, an innocent man has had his life ruined, and I'm sure the girl in question is now shitting herself.
Last edited by patrickblue on Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Mase » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:52 pm

patrickblue wrote:It's the system and all these social justice warriors to blame for what was just a sleezy episode that should never have gone any further resulting in the whole sorry saga.
I'm sure the alleged victim was pressured to bring it to court, an innocent man has had his life ruined, and I'm sure the girl in question is now shitting herself.

From the rumours she wasn't pressured at all. Her social media messages prove that.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:53 pm

The lawyers, of course, are rubbing their hands at the thought of even more (lengthy and extremely costly) legal action.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby patrickblue » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:59 pm

Mase wrote:Absolutely buzzing for the lad. Hopefully Jessic Ennis breaks her leg and can't compete again. Tramp.

Bit late, she retired yesterday.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mase » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:17 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Mase wrote:Absolutely buzzing for the lad. Hopefully Jessic Ennis breaks her leg and can't compete again. Tramp.

Bit late, she retired yesterday.

Excellent. Hopefully I never have to see her angin face on my TV again.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:22 pm

Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:It's the system and all these social justice warriors to blame for what was just a sleezy episode that should never have gone any further resulting in the whole sorry saga.

From the rumours she wasn't pressured at all. Her social media messages prove that.

The message I saw was along the lines of "getting herself a footballer and scoring".
Sounds like a wannabe to me, and a bit thick with it. It gave me the impression she was after money and her 15 minutes of fame.
I may be wrong, but I get the impression she was led into claiming rape and quickly found herself out of her depth.
I'm not defending her actions, but I don't believe she accused him of rape for personal gain.
We''ll probably never know TBH.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mase » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:24 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

The message I saw was along the lines of "getting herself a footballer and scoring".
Sounds like a wannabe to me, and a bit thick with it. It gave me the impression she was after money and her 15 minutes of fame.
I may be wrong, but I get the impression she was led into claiming rape and quickly found herself out of her depth.
I'm not defending her actions, but I don't believe she accused him of rape for personal gain.

Led by who mate?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:43 pm

I don't believe i have commented on this particular thread before.

What worries me is the way the media conveniently use words to make headlines. Look at the BBC website today. They post a picture of Ched from today , but the headline refers to rape of a teenager.

They don't write 22 year old footy player at the time was accused of raping a 19 year old "teenager" ,

at 19 and 22 , many people are a little wet behind the ears .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby mr_nool » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:02 pm

She should be sentenced for being a binge-drinking skank who uses alcohol to act out. From what I gather it's not the first time she gets totally hammered and has sex with strangers.

He should be sentenced for being an opportunistic perv / predator who comes running when his friend calls him and tells him he's landed a drunk girl.

I don't think he "raped"her, but he clearly has issues in regards to sexuality. If you're a semi famous, wealthy footballer, how fucking hard can it be to pick up girls and get actual consent? I've always managed, and I'm Alvin from Alvin and the fucking Chipmunks (according to Carl). Going after the half-comatose that your mate score for you is just dodgy.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby kinsey » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:32 pm

Mase wrote:
kinsey wrote:
But I have more sympathy for the girl involved. Again, she has a lot of questions to ask of herself, but the way this case has spiralled and gone on and on, I just feel that in many ways, she has paid a bigger price for this than anyone.

Mase?

I presume this is some kind of attempt at an "I told you so!"?

Have a look through my previous comments in this thread... one of my earliest ones suggests that the reason why Ched was convicted and Clayton didn't was because of some failings in Evans' legal team.

I have also said consistently that both parties in this case appear to have fault. One, however, has a public profile from which he can reclaim some face... how long before we have the magazine spread where he gets to share his anguish and vent his spleen?

So yes, i still have some sympathy for this woman!

And as I have previously said, sometimes there are no "winners" in this kind of case , only losers - apart from the lawyers!
kinsey
Robinho's Step Over

Postby patrickblue » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:19 pm

Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

Led by who mate?

The CPS and the police, following instructions from their masters. That's what I meant when I said the system. The politicians dare not risk looking un-pc.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby patrickblue » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:24 pm

mr_nool wrote:I don't think he "raped"her, but he clearly has issues in regards to sexuality. If you're a semi famous, wealthy footballer, how fucking hard can it be to pick up girls and get actual consent? I've always managed, and I'm Alvin from Alvin and the fucking Chipmunks (according to Carl). Going after the half-comatose that your mate score for you is just dodgy.

He could have kept it in the family, like Gigsy.
And Alvin is a celebrity you know!

Actually, I agree with you, apart from the fact no-one should have been charged.
If she wants to be a football groupie, and he wants to be a sleazy twat, that's up to them.
Last edited by patrickblue on Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby mr_nool » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:27 pm

patrickblue wrote:
mr_nool wrote:I don't think he "raped"her, but he clearly has issues in regards to sexuality. If you're a semi famous, wealthy footballer, how fucking hard can it be to pick up girls and get actual consent? I've always managed, and I'm Alvin from Alvin and the fucking Chipmunks (according to Carl). Going after the half-comatose that your mate score for you is just dodgy.

Not where I come from, but I have a big dong.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby patrickblue » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:31 pm

mr_nool wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

Always a winner.

Anyway, if you think about it, he's Welsh, and used to sheep.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:37 pm

mr_nool wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

Are you saying you're from Vietnam and you have a lot of money ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Mase » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:51 pm

mr_nool wrote:She should be sentenced for being a binge-drinking skank who uses alcohol to act out.

Eh Nool pal you're alright you! Up the Swedes!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum