ched evans

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ched evans

Postby getdressedmctavish » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:49 pm

so many in the UK couldn't wait to screech against him, I will love it if it is all proven to be bollacks. Suspect the prosecution will be withdrawn.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby nottsblue » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:06 pm

Presume if it goes to a retrial they either find him guilty or not? And if it's guilty, can he get a longer sentence than the one originally imposed and as such have to go back to jail?

And if it's not guilty one assumes he can try to find another club to resurrect his career. Who does he then sue, or is it a case of tough shit?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby ruralblue » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:36 pm

nottsblue wrote:Presume if it goes to a retrial they either find him guilty or not? And if it's guilty, can he get a longer sentence than the one originally imposed and as such have to go back to jail?

And if it's not guilty one assumes he can try to find another club to resurrect his career. Who does he then sue, or is it a case of tough shit?

No if hes found guilty a second time hes still a free man unless the prosecution came up with other stuff of more severity. It's a retrial to get the case of rape off his name and totally clear him. Opens up a right can of worms though if found not guilty.

With regards to sueing for loss of potential earnings etc it will be a difficult one. Any prisoner who serves time and then eventually found not guitly gets a standard £130 per day they were inside.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:57 pm

When he's found not guilty they should make her serve as long as he's been inside for.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dimples » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:23 pm

ruralblue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Presume if it goes to a retrial they either find him guilty or not? And if it's guilty, can he get a longer sentence than the one originally imposed and as such have to go back to jail?

No if hes found guilty a second time hes still a free man unless the prosecution came up with other stuff of more severity. It's a retrial to get the case of rape off his name and totally clear him. Opens up a right can of worms though if found not guilty.

With regards to sueing for loss of potential earnings etc it will be a difficult one. Any prisoner who serves time and then eventually found not guitly gets a standard £130 per day they were inside.

Wow. That would be very hard to take if you are proven innocent.
2.5 years in jail, ostracised, lose your job and just to rub salt in the wound - massively out of pocket.
British justice?
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby ruralblue » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:49 pm

Dimples wrote:
ruralblue wrote:

Wow. That would be very hard to take if you are proven innocent.
2.5 years in jail, ostracised, lose your job and just to rub salt in the wound - massively out of pocket.
British justice?

Probably be a different situation due to his status. However prosecution would argue they presented all available evidence...... which as I know from sitting through the pantomime of a massive trial, does not happen due to bargains and political argument.

Feel for the bloke if evidence has come to light to proclaim his innocence and like Nige said she should get the same time and her identity made public.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Crossie » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:18 pm

I find it hard to believe it took so long to appeal and overturn it. He shouldn't have gone to prison in the first place. The evidence was extremely flakey.

I wonder if he's still any good?
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Mase » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:55 pm

Crossie wrote:I find it hard to believe it took so long to appeal and overturn it. He shouldn't have gone to prison in the first place. The evidence was extremely flakey.

I wonder if he's still any good?

My mate is a prison officer and was based in the prison Ched was in. He said most days he'd get to have a kick about and even managed to brake one of the lads arms that went in goal as his shot was that powerful haha.

Nothing to do with whether he's still good or not but he said Joe Hart used to go and see him a fair few times.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny99 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:47 am

Sister of fu wrote:I know from reading the case his legal team had been trying to find evidence of a text message or FB post from the victim that made it clear she was lying and trying to get money out of him as he was a footballer, it was supposed to be very daming of her, so maybe they have got it.

If found not guilty can he sue for loss of earnings and deformation of character? I know I would.

Unless she has loads of money what would be the point he could sue her for 50 grand but if she is on benefits or low paid he wouldn't get it
johnny99
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:56 am

johnny99 wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:I know from reading the case his legal team had been trying to find evidence of a text message or FB post from the victim that made it clear she was lying and trying to get money out of him as he was a footballer, it was supposed to be very daming of her, so maybe they have got it.

If found not guilty can he sue for loss of earnings and deformation of character? I know I would.

Unless she has loads of money what would be the point he could sue her for 50 grand but if she is on benefits or low paid he wouldn't get it

But then he'd also make sure she never made a penny for the rest of her life!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny99 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:46 am

Mase wrote:
johnny99 wrote:

But then he'd also make sure she never made a penny for the rest of her life!

I know what mean but the law in this country is she would still have to have enough money to live on before she had to pay any money basically it's only ever worth sueing if the person your sueing has a bit of wealth
johnny99
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Dameerto » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:05 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:Does this mean he's deemed not guilty until a verdict has been reached in the new trial, or that he's still guilty pending a retrial, does anyone know?

Innocent until proven guilty. He's back to being a suspect.

As an aside, are you not guilty or innocent if a prosecutor fails to prove your guilt in the UK?

What I quoted is a principle of English law, it's a black or white thing, one or the other.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Cocacolajojo » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:38 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:Does this mean he's deemed not guilty until a verdict has been reached in the new trial, or that he's still guilty pending a retrial, does anyone know?

As an aside, are you not guilty or innocent if a prosecutor fails to prove your guilt in the UK?

In English and Welsh law, there is just 'guilty' and 'not guilty'. In Scotland, there's something called 'not proven', too (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Not_proven).

Cheers, you learn something new every day.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby Cocacolajojo » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:44 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

What I quoted is a principle of English law, it's a black or white thing, one or the other.

According to English law, if BiB is not pulling my leg, you're not guilty until proven guilty. Hence me asking. It's not important though, just curious. In Sweden the terms are often confused. As in, if you're not proven guilty you're innocent. Which you're not. It's not the court's duty to secure anyone's innocence.

As another aside, I've been told that in certain cases in old Roman law, you had to prove your innocence. Don't know if that's true though. I do know that you if you could muster a certain number of propertied men to swear that you were innocent, you'd get off get acquitted of a lot of things in medieval and early modern Sweden.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:51 am

Good to see him back and playing for Chesterfield.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36876515
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Mase » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:03 am

Dubaimancityfan wrote:Good to see him back and playing for Chesterfield.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36876515

Absolutely buzzin for him. Really hope he kicks on now and makes his way back up the leagues.
He'd have been playing for Wales this summer instead of that Robson-Kanu 100% had all this not happened.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:13 am

johnny99 wrote:

Could he sue the state?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:17 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
johnny99 wrote:

Could he sue the state?
yes he can claim for Compensation for a Miscarriage of Justice

But I think it's capped to a certain amount which would be less than he was earning at time of arrest. But I guess it would make him feel better, it would me just on principal.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Slim » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:56 am

As far as I was aware, she was drunk and/or passed out and he had sex with her.

She doesn't deny this, he doesn't deny this.

His defence in the first trial was he debated the definition of what constitutes rape. You know you're on a winner when your entire defence is the wording of the law.

I guarantee that without his money and high profile, the review commission doesn't spend 10 months on an investigation to quash a conviction when the time has already been served. And without the decision being overturned, he doesn't play another minute as a footballer. Funny how Chesterfield were in for him the second the verdict was changed.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:00 am

Slim wrote:As far as I was aware, she was drunk and/or passed out and he had sex with her.

She doesn't deny this, he doesn't deny this.

His defence in the first trial was he debated the definition of what constitutes rape. You know you're on a winner when your entire defence is the wording of the law.

I guarantee that without his money and high profile, the review commission doesn't spend 10 months on an investigation to quash a conviction when the time has already been served. And without the decision being overturned, he doesn't play another minute as a footballer. Funny how Chesterfield were in for him the second the verdict was changed.

And Clayton as well don't forget. But Clayton got let off....
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum