Weekend games 9th/10th April

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Weekend games 9th/10th April

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:07 pm

blues2win wrote:Rags have Villa at home next and we have Chelsea away after a big CL midweek match. Let's not get carried away. They do have West Ham away and Norwich away which will not be easy though. We really need third to avoid a CL qualifying round which means beating the Arsenal at home among other things. It'll be a real grind for the last few games.

Spoilsport! You are right though. Arsenal have a great run in ( Palace, Brom, Norwich etc). Ours is much tougher. I can't see us getting third with our fixtures. We have Chelsea and Newcastle away in the space of s few days. If we can get through those games then I think we will clinch fourth. It's still a weekend of results to celebrate though
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Blue In Bolton » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:32 pm

Very happy with that and as somebody said earlier in the thread; How the fuck did we lose to both of these?
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David White

Postby Dimples » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:53 pm

Yes indeed - a great set of results for us this w/e in the race for CL spots.
Gives us a small buffer that we are probably going to need.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:20 pm

mr_nool wrote:Bloody hell, I have Alderwield and Alli on the bench in my fantasy team this week.

Whoops, you were expecting the Rags to do 'em.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby PrezIke » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:35 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I noted this week that the Rag media tried to link Pottechino with the Rags.

Seems like that would a poor move for him. Better to stay where he is for another season, unless too many key players are poached this summer (I'm sure Utd probably want all of their young players so they can claim to be the most "real" English club), or if he is bold enough to take over at Real Madrid (a club I'd think might want him as well).
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:45 pm

blues2win wrote:Rags have Villa at home next and we have Chelsea away after a big CL midweek match. Let's not get carried away. They do have West Ham away and Norwich away which will not be easy though. We really need third to avoid a CL qualifying round which means beating the Arsenal at home among other things. It'll be a real grind for the last few games.

Exactly why I wrote that we needed them to drop all 3 points today, and not just draw.

We could easily lose at Chelsea next week and be back where we were going into this weekend. We do have a significant goal difference over them that they will not be making up, but we also have Southampton away in a few weeks, Newcastle fighting for their lives at their ground next week, Stoke who are dangerous and beat us earlier this season at home, and Swansea away to finish the season, which is the most difficult fixture facing of the three of us on the last day (Arsenal have Villa at home, Utd against Bournemouth at home).

Yes, if we win all of our games, as Nasri did mention at the end of this last game, we would take 3rd by the minimum of a point.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum