Are a chunk of our players bellends? (Off pitch)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Are a chunk of our players bellends? (Off pitch)

Postby Michael Brookes » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:59 am

Zaba is one of the nicest guys you can meet, sadly I think he's more the exception than the rule. I think it's fairly easy to tell who the nobs are likely to be, simply based on their pitch/media persona
Michael Brookes
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:32 pm

Mase wrote:Michael Brown was in the crowd in Paris wasn't he? Picture in the paper of him sat with the away fans. Anyone see him that went?

Apparently though a few people have said back in the day when he was young at City and they saw him out he was a bit of a bellend.

I think Browny would be the 1st to say he was a rum cunt, Always in the oak in Didsbury after the games back in t day but he was down to earth and always said hi mate how are ya. Seen him before the Juve game this season in town and he is as happy as larry stopped to say hello. Ok not everyone's cupa tea but a blue all be it imported. You'd love him, That would be some crew you, Browny and Gareth Hock add Bingo RIP, it would be fooooooking mahem..
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:42 pm

John Stapleton is a proper nice guy. Obviously not a footballer, bit I've seen him often at Piccadilly (and again in Paris) and he always is happy to say hello and discuss the football.

I mention it only to note that it's not hard to be polite, even if you would rather just go about your business.

Oh and I ran across Niall a few times and he was always decent. Part of the reason I hate hearing Blues call him now.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby patrickblue » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:34 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:John Stapleton is a proper nice guy. Obviously not a footballer, bit I've seen him often at Piccadilly (and again in Paris) and he always is happy to say hello and discuss the football.

I mention it only to note that it's not hard to be polite, even if you would rather just go about your business.

Oh and I ran across Niall a few times and he was always decent. Part of the reason I hate hearing Blues call him now.

For some odd reason I always used to come across John Stapleton away at Palace. Two or three different games. Never seen him anywhere else apart from on the telly.
As you say, genuine nice bloke.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby patrickblue » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:35 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Bloody foreigners laughting in people's faces.

And coming over here, taking our women and jobs.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:12 pm

Mase wrote:Michael Brown was in the crowd in Paris wasn't he? Picture in the paper of him sat with the away fans. Anyone see him that went?

Apparently though a few people have said back in the day when he was young at City and they saw him out he was a bit of a bellend.

Yeah remember bumping into him in town when he played for sheff United, he was an utter Cunt to my mate who tried to strike up a conversation whilst they were both stood waiting at the bar.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Cocacolajojo » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:21 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:

Yeah remember bumping into him in town when he played for sheff United, he was an utter Cunt to my mate who tried to strike up a conversation whilst they were both stood waiting at the bar.

That's the thing. Having a day of or being shy or not in the mood for interacting with fans is one thing. Being an idiot is another. Large distinction.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:27 pm

Hazy2 wrote:

I think Browny would be the 1st to say he was a rum cunt, Always in the oak in Didsbury after the games back in t day but he was down to earth and always said hi mate how are ya. Seen him before the Juve game this season in town and he is as happy as larry stopped to say hello. Ok not everyone's cupa tea but a blue all be it imported. You'd love him, That would be some crew you, Browny and Gareth Hock add Bingo RIP, it would be fooooooking mahem..

My money would be on Hock being the last one out!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:45 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

That's the thing. Having a day of or being shy or not in the mood for interacting with fans is one thing. Being an idiot is another. Large distinction.

I'm only relaying my personal experience. I know of several other similar incidents, all with the same story, the guy was a right cunt when out in town, so he must have had a lot of off days
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Sister of fu » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:03 pm

Met Yaya and Paddy V backstage at the City Live thing a coupe of years ago and both were very nice. Also met the Goat a couple of times and he's a decent fella. Met Steven Reid at a BBC radio thing I did and he was very down to earth and we stood chatting for ages about football and stuff. He actually approached me and instigated a conversation.

I have heard some stories though from people I know within the club about our players which I will not mention on here, but they are complete planks, rude, selfish and spoilt. If I told you the names you would not be one bit surprised.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Crossie » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:13 pm

You have to put you self in someone's situation to understand why they are like they are. I image they get fed up of having to be nice and smile at everyone.

Overreaction I think, if they win trophies every year they can all be pricks for all I care.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby gmercer1 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:22 pm

I was good mates with Matt Etherington once of Spurs, West Ham and Stoke.
Met him on honeymoon just as he'd made his full league debut for Spurs against The Scum. (Actual match was on the day of my stag do I watched it but can't remember any of it)
I watched him go from a real nice young lad to a gambler who lost his wife and kids due to his addiction.
Now I'm.not saying he was a saint but has to be said the clubs do not help kids coming through one little bit.
Teddy Sheringhan was a proper l cunt and would take anything up to £30k off the youngsters playing cards on the coach to an away game.
Even his own dad ripped him off!
Met a few players over the years and as mentioned some were real nice genuine people......others were first class jumped up pricks!
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Cocacolajojo » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:34 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

I'm only relaying my personal experience. I know of several other similar incidents, all with the same story, the guy was a right cunt when out in town, so he must have had a lot of off days

Oh no, I agree with you. I think that saying someone is a cunt when he's having an off day is not called for. When someone acts like an idiot, talks like an idiot, sounds like an idiot though, he's probably an idiot. Like the above person in question seems to be.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:59 pm

A friend of a friend works with the players. He speaks highly of the Argentinians but not so highly of the captain.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Dwaring » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:36 pm

I have a close friend who's an American footballer over here in the states. i could completely understand a professional athlete being a bit of dick. He is always super nice to people but he's also not a huge star i.e. recognized everywhere. We have people come up and interrupt dinner when we're out. There's also so odd people out there that are try to get a bit to close and friendly. We'll be out having a drink and some jackass comes up to tell him he's no that good or some shit. I don't even deal with it everyday and it wears on me. A city player has to recognized everytime they walk out of the door. It has to be a bit much and like many have mentioned, everyone has a day when they just aren't feeling up to it.
Dwaring
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Yaya toure

Postby JamieMCFC » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:38 pm

Dwaring wrote:I have a close friend who's an American footballer over here in the states. i could completely understand a professional athlete being a bit of dick. He is always super nice to people but he's also not a huge star i.e. recognized everywhere. We have people come up and interrupt dinner when we're out. There's also so odd people out there that are try to get a bit to close and friendly. We'll be out having a drink and some jackass comes up to tell him he's no that good or some shit. I don't even deal with it everyday and it wears on me.

I have a couple of friends and a cousin that played in the NFL. Had similar experiences when out to dinner or out for a drink. One of my friends was a high profile player if you believe the media the guy was a complete dick. But in reality he is one of the nicest guys I ever met.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:58 pm

odd thread
most of the nouveau riche 20 something's i've come across have been really grounded
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:04 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

Honestly, I reckon if I was a footballer I'd be a Michael Brown. I'm a horrible wanker when I'm pissed sometimes. Just to everyone. I'm a nice guy when I'm sober though
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum