Champions league week games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Champions league week games

Postby zuricity » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:40 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Is thatv8 yellows for atletico so far including the 2 for torres

Indeed the ref has been very lenient with Barca , could easily have been eleven yellows for Barca alone.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:42 pm

Wouldve loved to have seen 11v11. Atletico prob couldve won or at least scored another
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:42 pm

PeterParker wrote:Barcelona are really turning into the most hated team in the world.

I don't know if I ever saw a team that dives and cheats more than they do.
surprisingly atletico were worse tonight IMO

If city ever get like that im done
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:56 pm

In other news, rangers are now promoted to the spl. I wonder if the CEO will tell them to fuck off and demand to stay in the championship like he said he would.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:57 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Barcelona are really turning into the most hated team in the world.

Only because they had to due to Barca's constant piss taking.

You're right though, if we ever got like this I'd sack the lot. Luckily, we play with integrity, a real inspiration to those who love the beautiful game.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:58 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

You're right though, if we ever got like this I'd sack the lot. Luckily, we play with integrity, a real inspiration to those who love the beautiful game.

Pep arrives and we have a world class diving team? If that happens I promise to to fuck it off.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:58 pm

Wonderwall wrote:In other news, rangers are now promoted to the spl. I wonder if the CEO will tell them to fuck off and demand to stay in the championship like he said he would.

Just like them keeping the rights to the league, even though they weren't in it.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:02 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

Pep arrives and we have a world class diving team? If that happens I promise to to fuck it off.

To be fair, I actually liked Barca around that time and it didn't seem a problem, even the El Cuntico was watchable back then.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:46 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

To be fair, I actually liked Barca around that time and it didn't seem a problem, even the El Cuntico was watchable back then.

I think all was different back then. They were nice to watch and were great.

They had Puyol who was a role mode, same as Abidal, young Iniesta and Xavi at his prime, David Villa, plus Messi.

Now you have Messi who turned into some arrogant cunt, more than Tranny, if you believe that. You have Suarez who is a racist-bitting-diving prick and Neymar, world diving champion and tax criminal. Plus you add to that lot Mascherano who has the same problems as those two and Pique who talks on an on about how good he is, how good his club is and how amazing was to work with Baconface.

One convicted criminal and two that are investigated. You cannot make this things up.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Dimples » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:05 am

Hate Barca.
Just like the Rags. Refs help them along.
Tonight was typical.
Suaraz not sent off, Torres sent of, yellows all night long for Ath Mad, yellows not given again'st Barca......
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby phips » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:51 am

Dimples wrote:Hate Barca.
Tonight was typical.
Suaraz not sent off, Torres sent of, yellows all night long for Ath Mad, yellows not given again'st Barca......

im not buying into conspiracy theories and all that but i will say that ive seen this Felix chap a few times doing Dortmund matches and i dont think I've ever seen that many yellows. but then again, Atletico are a very physical team.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby gillie » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:23 am

phips wrote:
Tonight was typical.

im not buying into conspiracy theories and all that but i will say that ive seen this Felix chap a few times doing Dortmund matches and i dont think I've ever seen that many yellows. but then again, Atletico are a very physical team.

Did you watch the game Phips?
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby branny » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:41 am

I didn't realise it was on Freeview so only saw a few minutes. I saw Lukas head the ball and then do a Rivaldo (grab his face and play rollover). If the rest of it was similar I'd have turned off. Barca players fall over in a stiff breeze and always get the free kick. It's not a level playing field.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Cocacolajojo » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:53 am

Does anyone know if there'll be any repercussions for Suarez for that nasty kick?
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:01 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:Does anyone know if there'll be any repercussions for Suarez for that nasty kick?

There should be. But no, this I barca not city.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:15 am

Has anything changed at Uefa, Busquetes 6 fouls one on the half way line a yellow any day of any week, nothing done. Suarez wtf can you say the officials are one of two things. Bent or blind.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:15 am

Hazy2 wrote:Has anything changed at Uefa, Busquetes 6 fouls one on the half way line a yellow any day of any week, nothing done. Suarez wtf can you say the officials are one of two things. Bent or blind.

Just read Felipe Luis' comments regarding the game and he's put down on record what we've all been saying, that the powers that be basically fix the game.

"We have to play against everyone and everything."

"You can tell that there is fear that Barca will be eliminated."

Just 2 of the lines he came out with.

So, not just us but even the players know the game is weighted towards certain clubs. It's a fucking piss-take and leaves a real sour taste in the mouth. If the seeding system and match scheduling doesn't get you then UEFA and their minions will.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:25 am

phips wrote:
Tonight was typical.

Dortmund, you say?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:58 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Has anything changed at Uefa, Busquetes 6 fouls one on the half way line a yellow any day of any week, nothing done. Suarez wtf can you say the officials are one of two things. Bent or blind.

Just read Felipe Luis' comments regarding the game and he's put down on record what we've all been saying, that the powers that be basically fix the game.

So, not just us but even the players know the game is weighted towards certain clubs. It's a fucking piss-take and leaves a real sour taste in the mouth. If the seeding system and match scheduling doesn't get you then UEFA and their minions will.

Juanfran could have seen taht loon banned for weeks if he had made more of it, he did not and the reward is..... Luis is right Barca, have some hold on some fucker cos that incident was ignored. That twat McPointy made so little of it alongside the other twat Fletch they should be ashamed.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:07 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Juanfran could have seen taht loon banned for weeks if he had made more of it, he did not and the reward is..... Luis is right Barca, have some hold on some fucker cos that incident was ignored. That twat McPointy made so little of it alongside the other twat Fletch they should be ashamed.

I think what really gets my goat is that we'd got them twice before with no realistic way of winning, even if we were the better team.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum