Integrity(Refereeing)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Integrity(Refereeing)

Postby gillie » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:16 pm

After seeing Simpson stop a goal bound shot with the aid of his arm whilst actually just 6 yards from the goal and no pen given I asked myself how in the hell Sterling got a pen awarded against him in the Spurs game when the ball hit him in the back and just rebounded onto the top of his arm.It called into question the referees integrity on both incidents Clattenburg's for imo blatantly wanting to give Spurs an edge in our game and Oliver for wanting to help out Leicester. I will be honest after the Sterling incident I thought long and hard about jacking watching football in I was that incensed about it. Simpson yesterday was clearly more of a handball but yet he got away with it I wonder why?
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Re: Integrity(Refereeing)

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:49 pm

Neither were penalties for me.

I felt the same after the Sterling incident Gillie, we actually played well that day for a change and were fucking robbed.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:54 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Neither were penalties for me.

I felt the same after the Sterling incident Gillie, we actually played well that day for a change and were fucking robbed.

Corerect. The Sterling was totally laughable and wrong but I wouldn't have given a pen against Simpson. No deliberate hand movement towards the ball and it would have hit his body anyway.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:03 pm

The decisions against us by that twat who should not be named as he loves the SEO boosting his ego. The Spurs one he cheated, forget the guessed it cop out. But I would have like to have seen the players around him giving him hell for as long as it took for him to think I have a gone to far with this piss take on City now, funny have we had him since. Chelsea away ! for one last pop at us.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:07 pm

If the ball hits the players hand, intentionally or not , which in turn stops the ball from advancing towards a goal scoring chance then it should be a fuckign penalty - yesterday the ball would have hit his face or body so correctly given as a non penalty.

This fuckign subject needs sorting out by the powers that be as most refs fuck up.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Bear60 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:22 pm

I agree Michael was watching the Leicester game in the pub and everyone in there was in agreement that it was a stone wall penalty how on Earth can these refs justify their decisions makes me feel the same as you mate
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby branny » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:35 pm

Michael Oliver not giving penalties is a recurring theme. The only one I can ever recall him awarding was for a ridiculous handball at Palace when the Rags were visiting surprisingly. Since then I've seen him turn down some absolute stinewallers. Our visit to Palace the very same season saw one of their defenders playing basketball and nowt given, then there's the last two home Derby's and the Capital One cup final. I just don't think he has the bottle to give them in the big games.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Return to The Maine Football forum