Ter Stegen

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ter Stegen

Postby Cocacolajojo » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:53 pm

bigblue wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:The audition was this season, the Derby shank will have convinced Pep, not ever gonna be able to build from the back with his shit feet.

I'm sorry but thats bullshit. In Pep's system, a big part is the players pulling wide and showing for the ball. Hart if bad at long passes, but how hard is it to play the ball 20 yard to the closest defender?

Plus, I'd rather have a keeper who makes incredible saves than a keeper who is known for being great with the ball at their feet. Like signing a striker who is known for defending well.

Joe consistently makes incredible saves. As in "how the hell did he just do that" saves. And it's not like he's known to mess up. He's only made one gaffe in recent memory. he can play in Pep's team no problem.

Signing another big name keeper is completely pointless

Depends. If we have to prioritize, a new keeper is far down the list. If we don't have to, go for it. Hart will prevail, he always does, but he could do with competition. Better competition than willy.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby bigblue » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:58 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:Depends. If we have to prioritize, a new keeper is far down the list. If we don't have to, go for it. Hart will prevail, he always does, but he could do with competition. Better competition than willy.

I'm not disagreeing with that at all. A promising and hungry youth prospect can provide plenty of competition for Joe.

I'm simply saying that signing another top class keeper (and a foreign one at that) is a massive waste.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Cocacolajojo » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:00 pm

bigblue wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:Depends. If we have to prioritize, a new keeper is far down the list. If we don't have to, go for it. Hart will prevail, he always does, but he could do with competition. Better competition than willy.

I'm not disagreeing with that at all. A promising and hungry youth prospect can provide plenty of competition for Joe.

I'm simply saying that signing another top class keeper (and a foreign one at that) is a massive waste.

Fair enough!

I think this summer will prove once and for all if the Spafia are all they're cracked up to be. I've heard stories about them. Stories you wouldn't believe.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:06 pm

bigblue wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:The audition was this season, the Derby shank will have convinced Pep, not ever gonna be able to build from the back with his shit feet.

I'm sorry but thats bullshit. In Pep's system, a big part is the players pulling wide and showing for the ball. Hart is bad at long passes, but how hard is it to play the ball 20 yard to the closest defender?

Plus, I'd rather have a keeper who makes incredible saves than a keeper who is known for being great with the ball at their feet. Like signing a striker who is known for defending well.

Joe consistently makes incredible saves. As in "how the hell did he just do that" saves. And it's not like he's known to mess up. He's only made one gaffe in recent memory. he can play in Pep's team no problem.

Signing another big name keeper is completely pointless

Tear Stegen is not a big name he is an extra player as well as a very decent keeper, Pep is happy to go backwards to keep the ball. Joe is average at best on the ball, not gonna cut it with the new guy.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PrezIke » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:20 pm

Watch on youtube.com

I skipped all of the passing and distribution parts, except the last which segue's well to the saves portion, as they were mostly in the video I posted in the "Transfer rumours" thread. He is not necessarily that much worse of a shot stopper than Joe, and is only 23. He had some huge saves against Pep's Bayern in the CL Semis last season that helped them advance.

In fairness, he was criticised whilst fighting for his place against Bravo earlier this season, and I gather why he lost it and wants to leave:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2571 ... lmas-clash

Barcelona have struggled during the first month-and-a-half of the season, and even though he is not the only one responsible, Ter Stegen's performances have been littered with mistakes and hesitations. Since August, the German has played seven games and has conceded 16 goals, the same amount he let in after 21 games of last term. In the 2014/15 campaign Ter Stegen kept 10 clean sheets but has conceded on each of his appearances this season.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/claudio-bravo- ... ma-1521550

Ter Stegen has displayed an apparent weakness when facing shots from distance during this run in the team...

In fairness to him, I believe he has a good reputation with long shots.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby bigblue » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:46 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Joe is average at best on the ball, not gonna cut it with the new guy.

You're saying Pep won't work with one of the best keepers in the world (and the longest serving senior player at City) because he's average at best on the ball....

Watch on youtube.com
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:27 pm

bigblue wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Joe is average at best on the ball, not gonna cut it with the new guy.

You're saying Pep won't work with one of the best keepers in the world (and the longest serving senior player at City) because he's average at best on the ball....

Watch on youtube.com

I'm saying we are seeing pep bringing in his type of keeper. Extra footballer at the back. He'd has to be fair developed Nuer, but he has sweet feet, Joe has dirty feet mate, all rushed . The Derby injury you saw it closed down Shank.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Dameerto » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:48 pm

The Derby injury was because Joe had to cover Demichelis's mistake.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby zuricity » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:56 pm

Dameerto wrote:The Derby injury was because Joe had to cover Demichelis's mistake.

No it wasn't it was his own mistake for giving the ball to mdm and immediately hurrying back to the goal line , nobody knows why !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Dameerto » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:03 pm

My mistake - I thought Demi's eyes worked.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby bigblue » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:09 pm

zuricity wrote:
Dameerto wrote:The Derby injury was because Joe had to cover Demichelis's mistake.

No it wasn't it was his own mistake for giving the ball to mdm and immediately hurrying back to the goal line , nobody knows why !

demi played him an under-hit hospital pass
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:25 pm

bigblue wrote:
zuricity wrote:

demi played him an under-hit hospital pass

Get rid of both.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:30 pm

I wouldn't believe a fucking thing BallBag says. The wrinkled scrotum even said Pep prefers the Rags over us! How did that work out fucker?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:22 pm

PeterParker wrote:Balague suggested we offered him a big contract to move. Wtf are we doing? What is the point of this transfer?

Sure we are not selling Joe, no?

Balague also said we were signing Falcao the night before he signed for Utd. I think this keeper is staying put but he may get a better contract now Balague has been involved. Not a chance that we will sign a new number one.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC

Postby aaron bond » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:39 am

If Balague said it, it's bullshit.

How that guy earns a living as an 'expert' astounds me.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Michael Brookes » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:14 pm

we need 2 full backs, 2 midfielders, a replacement for bony and potentially another CB before we should start looking at a Keeper!!!!!
Michael Brookes
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby PeterParker » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:17 pm

So, if we listen to the media, we are selling: Hart, Willy, Kompany, Nasri, Clichy/Kolarov, Bony.

Can we get 100 mil for all of them? No way.

Plus, everyone will try to milk us. I think Joe is the second best keeper of the league, after De Gea. Pointless transfer, however, there might be some truth behind all of this.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:28 pm

Watch the first 10 mins of the weekend match back and you'll know why Pep might be interested in the German kid.

We are so fucking good in so many parts of the pitch but taking the ball from goalie to whomever is horrifically shit and Willy was just the same as Joe on Saturday.

Imagine this team with someone who can build from the back and actually start some controlled possession instead of giving the ball away 50% of the time?

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Slim » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:47 am

DoomMerchant wrote:Watch the first 10 mins of the weekend match back and you'll know why Pep might be interested in the German kid.

We are so fucking good in so many parts of the pitch but taking the ball from goalie to whomever is horrifically shit and Willy was just the same as Joe on Saturday.

Imagine this team with someone who can build from the back and actually start some controlled possession instead of giving the ball away 50% of the time?

Cheers

That seems generous.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:10 am

DoomMerchant wrote:Watch the first 10 mins of the weekend match back and you'll know why Pep might be interested in the German kid.

Cheers

I have no idea what ter Stegen is like over a season. You rarely see a howler from Joe. Is ter Stegen good with his feet but shit at crosses? does he come off his line? Does he communicate well with his defence? Lots more to a keeper than quick feet and good distribution. I think you will see we conceded 0 at the weekend.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum