How much? PSG RIP.OFF

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: How much? PSG RIP.OFF

Postby nottsblue » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:56 am

Wonderwall wrote:
barryconlonsbaldspot wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Just watched England v France in the 6 nations and the parc de Princes looks huge but it's only 49k capacity. Looks massive in comparison to the Etihad. Felt weird

It looked huge because it was the Stade De France and has a capacity of 81,000!

Well there you go. Every day is a school day

I honestly thought psg played at the national stadium.

Oops cheers for the education

Probably likely PSG will outgrow the Parc de Princes soon and move to the national stadium. Maybe you are just ahead of your time WW
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:15 pm

You moaning gets. My seat is in the South Stand and is cheaper than a cat A league game.
It looks the same as Barca last season more or less, and I'll bet the away leg will be more.
It's the Chumps League Qf ffs!
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby TomS » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:21 pm

Borussia Dortmund - Liverpool: they put on +20% on their normal Price. Range is 40-70€.
Thomas
Bert Trautmann Town, Germany
TomS
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC,Werder Bremen
My favourite player is: Sergio

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:07 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:
HailNerdQueen wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:
phips wrote:thats not that bad for a CL last 8 match against a strong club

Why's it not that bad? Because £45-£60 is what we should be paying or because it's what you'd expect a football club to charge? If the latter, that's everything that's wrong.

While I inherently don't like the idea of defending phips here... However, he pricing must be seriously different across the board between our countries. To see the upcoming USA vs Guatemala Cup Qualifier you'll pay at minimum of $57.95 for the cheap seats up to $195 per ticket, unless I'm reading it wrong. Our sports game prices are ludicrous, so £45-£60 doesn't seem too steep.
http://www.stubhub.com/us-mens-national-team-tickets-9521575/event/9521575/?qty=1

What the fuck do any ticket prices at ANY event in america got to do with ticket prices in Manchester?

Serious question.

EDIT: IMHO those are in no way imaginable anyhow comparable.

If some cunts people somewhere in the world pay big money for xx why does it mean we should?
...when you actually think about it you realise it doesn't actually make any sense.

If you think it is right imo you are just the kind of whore big companies hope their clients are.

I think it's relevant as many on here don't live in Manc and see sporting events around the world. In terms of entertainment value and experience people will pay what they feel it's worth. That's not a big corporate whoring attitude it's just how fans of sports teams think: can I afford it and how much enjoyment and soulful satisfaction am I getting from it?

My point about American ticket prices for sports is relevant. We're talking about huge global sports leagues followed by literally billions of fans. What else can you compare them to? A fucking night out in Mancheater? Or Pittsburgh? Or whatever provincial story might make it seem crazy expensive?

Cheers

Of course the highlighted part is what drives the prices and I'm not debating that.

My point is.. I don't have any stats but surely the purchase power of average citizen in America is higher than in Manchester and hence makes any price comparison from completely different countries irrelevant?
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby willhall05 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:09 pm

Silly prices and very expensive once we get there, hotels meals all in will cost a bomb. I was there yesterday for rugby and cost me a fortune.
willhall05
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: Southampton
My favourite player is: Jose Fonte

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:05 pm

MEN has picked up on the ticket pricing. Tickets go on sale tomorrow, so there is no going back on the price. City will seriously regret this after yesterdays debacle. I reckon they will shit a brick when they see very little take up immediately.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... r-11068635

I can see one of those mysterious Capacity crowds with more blue seats than fans!

I thought this part of the Article was interesting

It's worth noting City were on of seven clubs to oppose the recent £30 cap on away tickets.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Moonchesteri » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:58 pm

Wonderwall wrote:I thought this part of the Article was interesting

It's worth noting City were on of seven clubs to oppose the recent £30 cap on away tickets.

Interesting. But I am not necessarily surprised.

In a way I also get the club's view that "We believe the ticket prices are a fair reflection of the profile of the game.” as they charged Cityzens members £53 for a single ticket to the rags game.
But they did forget ST holders are not used to paying this kind of silly money. Hate to say it but I don't think the owners give a shit about the fans as long as they get the $$ from someone

Obviously I'm not even a ST holder but I do hope they do the right thing and at least freeze prices for upcoming seasons
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:25 pm

Wonderwall wrote:MEN has picked up on the ticket pricing. Tickets go on sale tomorrow, so there is no going back on the price. City will seriously regret this after yesterdays debacle. I reckon they will shit a brick when they see very little take up immediately.

I can see one of those mysterious Capacity crowds with more blue seats than fans!

That last bit is seriously fucking embarrassing.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:42 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:MEN has picked up on the ticket pricing. Tickets go on sale tomorrow, so there is no going back on the price. City will seriously regret this after yesterdays debacle. I reckon they will shit a brick when they see very little take up immediately.

That last bit is seriously fucking embarrassing.

#fuckingsellout
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Dameerto » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:38 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:I thought this part of the Article was interesting

Interesting. But I am not necessarily surprised.

In a way I also get the club's view that "We believe the ticket prices are a fair reflection of the profile of the game.” as they charged Cityzens members £53 for a single ticket to the rags game.
But they did forget ST holders are not used to paying this kind of silly money. Hate to say it but I don't think the owners give a shit about the fans as long as they get the $$ from someone

Obviously I'm not even a ST holder but I do hope they do the right thing and at least freeze prices for upcoming seasons

The owner delegates - so it's whoever is in charge of pricing that doesn't give a shit about the fans - the fans need to make some noise so the owner becomes aware of things.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Sister of fu » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:41 pm

I don't care if people think the ticket price is fair for the type of game it is, the fact of the matter is we have persistant empty seats and and a shite atmosphere. The way to combat that for one of the biggest games in our history is to make it affordable to the real fans.

Surly the powers that be would much prefer a Hamburg style atmosphere rather than the utter dross it is 90% of the time. IMO it's a huge own goal and I won't be going. They can fuck off particular as they don't seem to give a shit at present.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby zuricity » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:48 pm

Sister of fu wrote:I don't care if people think the ticket price is fair for the type of game it is, the fact of the matter is we have persistant empty seats and and a shite atmosphere. The way to combat that for one of the biggest games in our history is to make it affordable to the real fans.

Surly the powers that be would much prefer a Hamburg style atmosphere rather than the utter dross it is 90% of the time. IMO it's a huge own goal and I won't be going. They can fuck off particular as they don't seem to give a shit at present.

tch ! Call yourself a fan !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Sister of fu » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:52 pm

zuricity wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:I don't care if people think the ticket price is fair for the type of game it is, the fact of the matter is we have persistant empty seats and and a shite atmosphere. The way to combat that for one of the biggest games in our history is to make it affordable to the real fans.

Haha. I can afford a ticket but it's about principle.
Sister of fu

Postby zuricity » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:28 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
zuricity wrote:

Haha. I can afford a ticket but it's about principle.

Yes you are taking the Holistic approach i see.
Or is it the (Burning a ) hole in your pocket approach?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:34 pm

Spot on. The club are clueless
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:59 am

People want something for nothing. We brought the prices down for domestic and Euro games so far but this is a big big game. It's the Quarter Final of the European Cup!
I'm told to expect tickets in Paris to be 75 snots.
I paid 74 and 76 in Barcelona and 60 in Munich.
My seat is £40 for this game. Less than I've paid to watch City at fucking Hull!
It's not an unreasonable price
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Sister of fu » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:13 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:People want something for nothing. We brought the prices down for domestic and Euro games so far but this is a big big game. It's the Quarter Final of the European Cup!
My seat is £40 for this game. Less than I've paid to watch City at fucking Hull!

People really don't want something for nothing, what people want is common sense. We don't sell out champions league games and can't generate an atmosphere so what do they do, charge between £45-£60 for a ticket. Do the people that run the club not see this? The Etihad on that night should be a cauldron of noise but you, me and everyone else know exactly what it will be like.
Sister of fu

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:30 am

If the 1st leg goes pear shaped and it could be all over, we might see buy 1 get 3 free. CL empty seats is the ammo used by our haters, I do not get why we are not enjoying it as fans, are we rich but small time at heart.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:34 am

If the 1st leg goes pear shaped and it could be all over, we might see buy 1 get 3 free. CL empty seats is the ammo used by our haters, I do not get why we are not enjoying it as fans, are we rich but small time at heart, Say like Monaco, not a serious player when all said and done.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby JamieMCFC » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:13 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:People want something for nothing. We brought the prices down for domestic and Euro games so far but this is a big big game. It's the Quarter Final of the European Cup!

People really don't want something for nothing, what people want is common sense. We don't sell out champions league games and can't generate an atmosphere so what do they do, charge between £45-£60 for a ticket. Do the people that run the club not see this? The Etihad on that night should be a cauldron of noise but you, me and everyone else know exactly what it will be like.

It might be that the people running the club are looking at the bottom line and not the noise a sold out stadium would generate. If they raise the ticket prices £10-20 and don't sellout that could still generate more money for the club than lowering the ticket prices and selling out.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum