How much? PSG RIP.OFF

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: How much? PSG RIP.OFF

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:09 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:£60 is about the same as city64 drops on estrella and tapas before a match....

Nah that's the city centre pre match Stella budget
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:55 pm

I'm not sure what price I will pay in South Stand level 3 but £45-£60 is not going to be well received. I will be there and am in the scheme but I've had a row to myself for the last two games.....I'm just not sure we fans are that interested in Europe anyway. That said, my season ticket was f380. It's cheap as fuck compared to some lower league teams so I will pay for the Chumps league.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:10 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:I'm not sure what price I will pay in South Stand level 3 but £45-£60 is not going to be well received. I will be there and am in the scheme but I've had a row to myself for the last two games.....I'm just not sure we fans are that interested in Europe anyway. That said, my season ticket was f380. It's cheap as fuck compared to some lower league teams so I will pay for the Chumps league.

Full prices are now on the site, says "All 2015/16 Seasoncard holders and Cityzens members will receive a £5 reduction in price over those advertised below."

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/tickets-and- ... 1458321292

Be interesting to see take up at this price.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby john@staustell » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:36 pm

The first Barcelona match sold out about 20 minutes after going on sale to what are now Cityzens.

This is the QF FFS, it will sell.

Edit - all those plane loads from China......
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:53 pm

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:I'm not sure what price I will pay in South Stand level 3 but £45-£60 is not going to be well received. I will be there and am in the scheme but I've had a row to myself for the last two games.....I'm just not sure we fans are that interested in Europe anyway. That said, my season ticket was f380. It's cheap as fuck compared to some lower league teams so I will pay for the Chumps league.

Full prices are now on the site, says "All 2015/16 Seasoncard holders and Cityzens members will receive a £5 reduction in price over those advertised below."

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/tickets-and- ... 1458321292

Be interesting to see take up at this price.

Thanks for that. So mine will be £50. It is too expensive but I will be there. I think financial fair play also has slot to answer for here....you can only spend your income etc.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC

Postby HailNerdQueen » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:25 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
phips wrote:thats not that bad for a CL last 8 match against a strong club

Why's it not that bad? Because £45-£60 is what we should be paying or because it's what you'd expect a football club to charge? If the latter, that's everything that's wrong.

While I inherently don't like the idea of defending phips here... However, he pricing must be seriously different across the board between our countries. To see the upcoming USA vs Guatemala Cup Qualifier you'll pay at minimum of $57.95 for the cheap seats up to $195 per ticket, unless I'm reading it wrong. Our sports game prices are ludicrous, so £45-£60 doesn't seem too steep.
http://www.stubhub.com/us-mens-national-team-tickets-9521575/event/9521575/?qty=1
HailNerdQueen
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Sergio Agüero

Postby bigblue » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:34 pm

HailNerdQueen wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:

Why's it not that bad? Because £45-£60 is what we should be paying or because it's what you'd expect a football club to charge? If the latter, that's everything that's wrong.

While I inherently don't like the idea of defending phips here... However, he pricing must be seriously different across the board between our countries. To see the upcoming USA vs Guatemala Cup Qualifier you'll pay at minimum of $57.95 for the cheap seats up to $195 per ticket, unless I'm reading it wrong. Our sports game prices are ludicrous, so £45-£60 doesn't seem too steep.
http://www.stubhub.com/us-mens-national-team-tickets-9521575/event/9521575/?qty=1

Come on, there's a huge difference between national team games and club games. You pay to see the national team play at most once a year, but you're paying every week to see your club play. This is pretty basic stuff.

Costs rack up and ticket prices should not go up mid-season and especially not mid-competition. Aftermarket prices are of course going to be higher, but the club shouldn't punish the fans (by raising prices game by game) for the team's success.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only

Postby HailNerdQueen » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:40 pm

bigblue wrote:
HailNerdQueen wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:

Come on, there's a huge difference between national team games and club games. You pay to see the national team play at most once a year, but you're paying every week to see your club play. This is pretty basic stuff.

Shit me, of course, you're absolutely right. it's early morning over here and I'm still waking up. Just checked last seasons ticket pricing at University of Oklahoma and we're looking at $8 per game with season passes going for $40, period. Inexperience with local sporting has shot me in the foot here. Never mind, phips is still wrong, I retract my defense! ;)
HailNerdQueen

Postby City64 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:45 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:£60 is about the same as city64 drops on estrella and tapas before a match....

Nah that's the city centre pre match Stella budget

Plus a chicken balti pie in the Etihad @ 4 quid !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby craigmcfc » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:02 pm

Didn't notice the bit about £5 off the price for season ticket holders which is at least something.

Still on the expensive side.
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby failsworthblue » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:06 pm

Everybody to their own.

I hate the Champions League, will not be going and that is my choice as a fan (CUSTOMER!)
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:11 pm

Just watched England v France in the 6 nations and the parc de Princes looks huge but it's only 49k capacity. Looks massive in comparison to the Etihad. Felt weird
Wonderwall

Postby barryconlonsbaldspot » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:19 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Just watched England v France in the 6 nations and the parc de Princes looks huge but it's only 49k capacity. Looks massive in comparison to the Etihad. Felt weird

It looked huge because it was the Stade De France and has a capacity of 81,000!
barryconlonsbaldspot
Sun Jihai's Vacant Smile

My favourite player is: Barry Conlon

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:34 pm

HailNerdQueen wrote:
bigblue wrote:
HailNerdQueen wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:

Shit me, of course, you're absolutely right. it's early morning over here and I'm still waking up. Just checked last seasons ticket pricing at University of Oklahoma and we're looking at $8 per game with season passes going for $40, period. Inexperience with local sporting has shot me in the foot here. Never mind, phips is still wrong, I retract my defense! ;)

You're not wrong that prices tho for US sports are way more expensive than sports in the UK. If I want to go see an Orlando Magic game, which i don't btw, then I'll spend 40-60 bucks for a completely shit seat at one of 41 home games during the season.

It seems steep but realistically you wouldn't expect it to be THAT much less would you? Maybe a tenner? Okay.

Anyway. I'm not going in protest. Ahem.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Moonchesteri » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:48 pm

HailNerdQueen wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:

What the fuck do any ticket prices at ANY event in america got to do with ticket prices in Manchester?

Serious question.

EDIT: IMHO those are in no way imaginable anyhow comparable.

If some cunts people somewhere in the world pay big money for xx why does it mean we should?
...when you actually think about it you realise it doesn't actually make any sense.

If you think it is right imo you are just the kind of whore big companies hope their clients are.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:33 am

HailNerdQueen wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:

My season ticket works out about £20 per game. Yes, that's £20 for Palace or Villa or West Bromwich, but it's also £20 for Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Leicester. Personally, I'd rather go and watch any of the PL games than a CL one, but that's beside the point - why should a CL game be over twice the price of a PL game? Same seat, same view, same queues for food and non-alcoholic drink, so why the jump?

The reason could be it's buying a one off ticket and certainly that's the case with individual PL games, but for those on the cup scheme, they effectively bought a CL season ticket, so why are they paying so much?

This pricing has just put the final nail in this competition for me and I suspect I'm not the only one - attendances are poor and a lot of fans don't care, but a rocking night beating PSG to get to the semi might have changed that. Still might, but not for those who don't bother to go.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:23 am

Moonchesteri wrote:
HailNerdQueen wrote:
Blue Since 76 wrote:

What the fuck do any ticket prices at ANY event in america got to do with ticket prices in Manchester?

Serious question.

If some cunts people somewhere in the world pay big money for xx why does it mean we should?
...when you actually think about it you realise it doesn't actually make any sense.

If you think it is right imo you are just the kind of whore big companies hope their clients are.

I think it's relevant as many on here don't live in Manc and see sporting events around the world. In terms of entertainment value and experience people will pay what they feel it's worth. That's not a big corporate whoring attitude it's just how fans of sports teams think: can I afford it and how much enjoyment and soulful satisfaction am I getting from it?

My point about American ticket prices for sports is relevant. We're talking about huge global sports leagues followed by literally billions of fans. What else can you compare them to? A fucking night out in Mancheater? Or Pittsburgh? Or whatever provincial story might make it seem crazy expensive?

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby HailNerdQueen » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:25 am

Moonchesteri wrote:What the fuck do any ticket prices at ANY event in america got to do with ticket prices in Manchester?

Serious question.

Phips and I both live in the U.S.A., I was just trying to explain why an American might not think it was that bad a ticket price by comparing it to sporting event prices over here (granted the match I chose was a bad comparison). Not at all saying it's right that they charge that much.
HailNerdQueen

Postby City64 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:31 am

HailNerdQueen wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:What the fuck do any ticket prices at ANY event in america got to do with ticket prices in Manchester?

Serious question.

Phips and I both live in the U.S.A., I was just trying to explain why an American might not think it was that bad a ticket price by comparing it to sporting event prices over here (granted the match I chose was a bad comparison). Not at all saying it's right that they charge that much.

Fuck off Phips lives on a long lost planet in cyber space !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:49 am

barryconlonsbaldspot wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Just watched England v France in the 6 nations and the parc de Princes looks huge but it's only 49k capacity. Looks massive in comparison to the Etihad. Felt weird

It looked huge because it was the Stade De France and has a capacity of 81,000!

Well there you go. Every day is a school day

I honestly thought psg played at the national stadium.

Oops cheers for the education
Wonderwall

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum