Time For Our Players To Show True Bottle

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Time For Our Players To Show True Bottle

Postby ruralblue » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:47 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
ruralblue wrote:Cannot fault them for effort today at all.

So why??? What was so different between today and last week?

All I can think of his....... the Captain. However that then makes you question why in Komps absence do the lads not give the same level of effort for Yaya?

Are they fucked off with him playing and starting every game?, are they fucked with him due to cake gate? Does he not have it in him to lead.a team?. Personally I think the first and last reason.

So why does he have the Captains armband when Komps is injured?

Because they can see he's a workshy fart-arse?

We all see it players must do so why is it carrying on? If it's contractual then shouldn't make any difference as he's a goner next season.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:48 pm

ruralblue wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
ruralblue wrote:Cannot fault them for effort today at all.

So why??? What was so different between today and last week?

All I can think of his....... the Captain. However that then makes you question why in Komps absence do the lads not give the same level of effort for Yaya?

Are they fucked off with him playing and starting every game?, are they fucked with him due to cake gate? Does he not have it in him to lead.a team?. Personally I think the first and last reason.

So why does he have the Captains armband when Komps is injured?

Because they can see he's a workshy fart-arse?

We all see it players must do so why is it carrying on? If it's contractual then shouldn't make any difference as he's a goner next season.

I wish I had an answer for you, mate. I know what I'd do if I were the manager.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby 30yeargloryhunter » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:54 pm

If it is contractual I hope we never do it again
Hopefully we are now if a suitable size where no players think they are doing us a favour by coming to us
30yeargloryhunter
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:55 pm

Playing the proper fan card AGAIN are we? Not interested in that mate.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby City64 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:05 pm

Can't fault our players today except for the fact we are carrying Yaya . Brown envelopes and corruption robbed us today in the pure light of day !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:09 pm

Yaya was much better today. Played decent. And the effort was upped a few levels. Shame clattenburg had a better game
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby nottsblue » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:25 pm

Bottle is something very different to effort. Effort, for me, is a bare minimum requirement. Each and every player should give their all to win a game. Some games will require more effort than others to attain the win. Those away from home or against stubborn sides for example. Every player can produce effort.

Bottle however is a different matter. This is what sorts out the men from the boys, the wheat from the chaff etc. it is what determines those who win and fuck the prom queen and those who lose and clap the winners. You can't buy it, you either have in you or you don't. At the moment not enough of our players are showing that they have it. Two huge games at home and two defeats. Not the mark of champions. The previous game at Sunderland on another day might have resulted in a draw or defeat. In short we are playing poorly and for a number of reasons we can't seem to lift ourselves. If we had bottle throughout the team, then we would have risen to the challenge.

The next three games will largely determine our season. We either win or lose a cup final, progress in the cup or go out and what happens in Kiev, though not crucial, will have a large bearing on whether we progress in the CL. I hope Kompany returning will galvanise our players in finding out whether they have it or not.
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby dick dastardley » Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:18 am

Injuries are killing our season add to the mix shite signings dodgy decisions and shite buys (bony, mangala fenando etc) and you can see why were struggling, also add to that our fucking manager is pretty clueless no plan b and persists on playing toure when he should have gone last season.
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:56 pm

For me the reason why we were better yesterday is down to 3 things:

First we were beaten badly by Leicester the week before and were never going to be done so easily again a week later.
Second as a result of the Leicester game Pellers got the team shape right but putting two proper midfielders in and leaving Yaya with a freer role.
Vinnie was back and i think it showed.

If Clutzenberg hadn't changed the game it might have been nil nil or we might have nicked it but I don't think Spurs would have won. Equally I don't think Pellers would have changed the shape either.I had Fernando as one of our better players and for me Kelechi should have come on for someone else, Silva even, but with the 2 Ferns doing their jobs I don't think Spurs were really getting to us. Once Fernando left the field they got straight through the middle 2 or 3 times and when Yaya lost the ball trying the impossible I feared the worst.

Also I think Clichy might have been better positioned that Aleks to stop Erikson but who knows.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:24 pm

Clichy and Fernando were daft changes, ok Fernando no goal threat, but we were solid, plus again we carried players Sterling and Kun had mares.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Nick » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:25 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:For me the reason why we were better yesterday is down to 3 things:

First we were beaten badly by Leicester the week before and were never going to be done so easily again a week later.
Second as a result of the Leicester game Pellers got the team shape right but putting two proper midfielders in and leaving Yaya with a freer role.

If Clutzenberg hadn't changed the game it might have been nil nil or we might have nicked it but I don't think Spurs would have won. Equally I don't think Pellers would have changed the shape either.I had Fernando as one of our better players and for me Kelechi should have come on for someone else, Silva even, but with the 2 Ferns doing their jobs I don't think Spurs were really getting to us. Once Fernando left the field they got straight through the middle 2 or 3 times and when Yaya lost the ball trying the impossible I feared the worst.

Also I think Clichy might have been better positioned that Aleks to stop Erikson but who knows.

very small point re: kolorov, sky showed aload of pics from our big defeats and kolorov was in shot of all of the conceded goals, hands on hips, and he had the armband a few times.

For me we need to play nacho with aguero and give kun a partner. Maybe komps will help things, hes not the leader and be all that the media make out, but anybody is a better leader than yaya.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:52 pm

Nick wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:For me the reason why we were better yesterday is down to 3 things:

very small point re: kolorov, sky showed aload of pics from our big defeats and kolorov was in shot of all of the conceded goals, hands on hips, and he had the armband a few times.

For me we need to play nacho with aguero and give kun a partner. Maybe komps will help things, hes not the leader and be all that the media make out, but anybody is a better leader than yaya.

Agree with both posters.
Not on a Yaya witch hunt. That's been done to death and there isn't much more to say on the matter. But, I was saying to my son at half time either Yaya or Silva off for Kelechi. I don't think Fernando is a footballer that will suit Pep, (some would argue he's not a footballer) but he was doing a destroyer role yesterday, that was semi effective.
Personally, I would have taken Yaya off, but if it had been Silva I'd have understood.
Kolorov for me, has been another weak link this year. A bit like Yaya. What he offers going forward (this year) has not been good enough for his defensive inadequacies. Clichy was playing well. We had got on top. Why change for change's sake.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby nottsblue » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:12 am

Bottle?

Sunday showed we still have it. After dominating the game where we should have won in normal time, to go to penalties and come back from missing the first one, showed immense bottle. As I mentioned in a previous post, bottle is something winners have. We won.
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:14 am

I think we'll start grinding out league wins now and we'll see who really has bottle. (Obviously, we can already rule out Arsenal.)
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby City64 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:00 pm

Fuck all bottle shown from our lot tonight ??? Absolute pussies !!!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sheblue » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:18 pm

Hot water bottle?
sheblue
Donated to the site