Lawro and Degenerate predictions gameweek 26

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lawro and Degenerate predictions gameweek 26

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:34 pm

Both Lawro and Degenerate Crackhead mumble on today and kind of contradict themselves. I have never seen both of them be in a star alignment like this for their predictions though!!

Lawro's opponent for this weekend's Premier League games is actor Ed Skrein, star of Game of Thrones and new superhero movie Deadpool. Skrein is a Liverpool fan and told BBC Sport: "I should support Arsenal because I grew up in north London but my auntie and my cousins are to blame for me picking Liverpool instead in about 1987.

Lawro says

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35542725

I don't think the fact the Manchester City players knew Manuel Pellegrini is going to be replaced by Pep Guardiola had anything to do with their poor performance against Leicester last week.

City were outmuscled, out-thought and outpaced. They were second best in all areas and, apart from Sergio Aguero, their players were unbelievably ordinary. They cannot afford to be as bad again, because this is their biggest game of the season when it comes to the title race.

If Tottenham go to Etihad Stadium and roll them over, then City might not be able to recover.

It is going to be hard for City because, along with the attacking threat of Harry Kane and Dele Alli, Tottenham's success is based on a top-class goalkeeper in Hugo Lloris and a very good defence.

But I actually see a few goals in this game, and I think the points will be shared.

Lawro's prediction: 2-2

Ed's prediction: 2-1

Merson says

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... per-sunday

If I'm being honest, I don't see Spurs winning this game. They haven't got pace on the counter like Leicester have so I'm unsure how they'll hurt Man City. I don't see them losing the game though, they'll get a draw which is still a great result ahead of a favourable home game against Palace next week.

Spurs have conceded 10 goals in their last two trips to the Etihad but this Tottenham team is a completely different animal under Mauricio Pochettino, this is one of the best sides they've had in years. Man City will no doubt cause Spurs problems too but I don't see either side running away with a game which is relatively well matched.

PAUL PREDICTS: 1-1
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Lawro and Degenerate predictions gameweek 26

Postby dave watson's perm » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:38 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Both Lawro and Degenerate Crackhead mumble on today and kind of contradict themselves. I have never seen both of them be in a star alignment like this for their predictions though!!

Lawro's opponent for this weekend's Premier League games is actor Ed Skrein, star of Game of Thrones and new superhero movie Deadpool. Skrein is a Liverpool fan and told BBC Sport: "I should support Arsenal because I grew up in north London but my auntie and my cousins are to blame for me picking Liverpool instead in about 1987.

Lawro says

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35542725

I don't think the fact the Manchester City players knew Manuel Pellegrini is going to be replaced by Pep Guardiola had anything to do with their poor performance against Leicester last week.

City were outmuscled, out-thought and outpaced. They were second best in all areas and, apart from Sergio Aguero, their players were unbelievably ordinary. They cannot afford to be as bad again, because this is their biggest game of the season when it comes to the title race.

If Tottenham go to Etihad Stadium and roll them over, then City might not be able to recover.

It is going to be hard for City because, along with the attacking threat of Harry Kane and Dele Alli, Tottenham's success is based on a top-class goalkeeper in Hugo Lloris and a very good defence.

But I actually see a few goals in this game, and I think the points will be shared.

Lawro's prediction: 2-2

Ed's prediction: 2-1

Merson says

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... per-sunday

If I'm being honest, I don't see Spurs winning this game. They haven't got pace on the counter like Leicester have so I'm unsure how they'll hurt Man City. I don't see them losing the game though, they'll get a draw which is still a great result ahead of a favourable home game against Palace next week.

Spurs have conceded 10 goals in their last two trips to the Etihad but this Tottenham team is a completely different animal under Mauricio Pochettino, this is one of the best sides they've had in years. Man City will no doubt cause Spurs problems too but I don't see either side running away with a game which is relatively well matched.

PAUL PREDICTS: 1-1

I'd take a draw now
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:03 pm

They're wrong, we'll win.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:52 pm

Also take a draw. Don't want to fall further behind a rival. That said, any result is possible and I wouldn't be surprised with either outcome. Have to keep it tight for the first 15/20 minutes as we can't afford to go a goal behind again
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Return to The Maine Football forum