Summer Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Summer Transfer rumours

Postby Slim » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:50 am

PrezIke wrote:The back and forth between us and United and Real Madrid with Juve over Bonucci and Pogba, is really quite amusing. You could also argue Arsenal and Napoli also playing games with Juve too.

- We want Bonucci. Juve sets £50m price tag. We offer less which gets turn down because don't want to pay that fee.
- United and probably Real Madrid want Pogba, he wants £13m a season and Juve want £100m, rumour comes out United ready to pay both and meet with Pogba's agent but sounds like he doesn't want to go to United anyway.
- All quiet on Bonucci for a week, Pogba possibly to United is a constant #1 transfer story in the media (of course)
- Juve allegedly ready to pay £79m release fee to Napoli for Higuain, Arsenal try to offer Giroud + £50, which Juve turns down
- We are then supposedly offered Bonucci
- Zidane says he likes Pogba, but blah blah blah...papers report his words means they want him or they don't depending on which one you read
- Rumour comes out United set terms with Pogba and offer under £100, but with incentives to cover some of it. Pogba's agent says the initial story is bollocks that they agreed to join Utd, Juve allegedly want only the exact fee and no incentives to help.
- Italian media claims Juve says Bonucci is not being sold
- Hours later English media reports we met the asking price for Bonucci and are awaiting an answer

Keeping up?

Exhausted just reading all that.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:48 pm

Slim wrote:
PrezIke wrote:The back and forth between us and United and Real Madrid with Juve over Bonucci and Pogba, is really quite amusing. You could also argue Arsenal and Napoli also playing games with Juve too.

- We want Bonucci. Juve sets £50m price tag. We offer less which gets turn down because don't want to pay that fee.
- United and probably Real Madrid want Pogba, he wants £13m a season and Juve want £100m, rumour comes out United ready to pay both and meet with Pogba's agent but sounds like he doesn't want to go to United anyway.
- All quiet on Bonucci for a week, Pogba possibly to United is a constant #1 transfer story in the media (of course)
- Juve allegedly ready to pay £79m release fee to Napoli for Higuain, Arsenal try to offer Giroud + £50, which Juve turns down
- Zidane says he likes Pogba, but blah blah blah...papers report his words means they want him or they don't depending on which one you read
- Rumour comes out United set terms with Pogba and offer under £100, but with incentives to cover some of it. Pogba's agent says the initial story is bollocks that they agreed to join Utd, Juve allegedly want only the exact fee and no incentives to help.
- Hours later English media reports we met the asking price for Bonucci and are awaiting an answer

Keeping up?

Don't be straining your eyes like that. You should be looking after them.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby sheblue » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:06 pm

It gets more bizarre by the day, pogba posts a picture of himself dressed all in all white casual clothes and some journalists reckon this means he is going to Madrid.....
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby PeterParker » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:17 pm

sheblue wrote:It gets more bizarre by the day, pogba posts a picture of himself dressed all in all white casual clothes and some journalists reckon this means he is going to Madrid.....

Actually, the media is Spain is talking about that as being the reason Real did not take Andre Gomes and let him go to Barcelona.

Piss funny if true.

(Also opens the Kross deal for us too).
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby blues2win » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:53 pm

Juve have spent so much money you have to assume the sale of Pogba to the scum is pretty well nailed on. Latest the huge sum for Higuain.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:25 pm

blues2win wrote:Juve have spent so much money you have to assume the sale of Pogba to the scum is pretty well nailed on. Latest the huge sum for Higuain.

Hope its to Real though.
They dont seem to want Morata or James. Those 2 sales would more than cover a Pogba purchase.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby PrezIke » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:41 pm

Is looking like Pogba to Utd, but could be the Kroos talk is escalating in part due to Real Madrid swooping in at the last moment.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:42 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
blues2win wrote:Juve have spent so much money you have to assume the sale of Pogba to the scum is pretty well nailed on. Latest the huge sum for Higuain.

Hope its to Real though.
They dont seem to want Morata or James. Those 2 sales would more than cover a Pogba purchase.

Or Kroos, but James to Utd could help them with landing Pogba. Problem is James doesn't want to go there nor leave Madrid, I hear.

We have a better shot at convincing Kroos to come.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:40 pm

PrezIke wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

Hope its to Real though.

Or Kroos, but James to Utd could help them with landing Pogba. Problem is James doesn't want to go there nor leave Madrid, I hear.

At half the price for Kroos alone, I'd rather him and then add a couple fullbacks than spunking 100m on Pogba tbh.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:56 pm

PrezIke wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

Hope its to Real though.

The Rags don't want James. They want Pogba....,James is s completely different type. Juve won't turn down £100m so it looks like the Rags will get him, though they have paid a massive price for letting him go in the first place.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:51 am

South Stand Balti wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

Hope its to Real though.

The Rags don't want James. They want Pogba....,James is s completely different type. Juve won't turn down £100m so it looks like the Rags will get him, though they have paid a massive price for letting him go in the first place.

The rumors are 110m so if we could sort or City-size the story and just call it a quarter billion by including wages and media images and other shite without mentioning it's included that would do me just fine.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:38 am

Pogba is an awesome signing for them if it happens. He is brilliant and will strengthen them. I hope it doesnt happen, I don't care about the price tag.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:52 am

Wonderwall wrote:Pogba is an awesome signing for them if it happens. He is brilliant and will strengthen them. I hope it doesnt happen, I don't care about the price tag.

I completely agree.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby sheblue » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:52 am

Pogba has a long way to go to warrant such a price tag. He's not worth it.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:58 am

Bale, Pogba are worth the money, all day every day. Top players top dollar. Commercial departments dream to boot. The scum have got it right this window if they get him.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:25 am

The simple fact is Pogba will improve their midfield. The fee will become irrelevant, just like Robsons and Keanes and Rooneys and Ferdinands before him.

He is a great player perfectly suited to the PL. Football is played on the field and not the boardroom. The rags will be a much better outfit IF he is in it
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:39 am

IMO it's a bit similar situation as Hazards transfer to Prem even though prices are different.
We decided not to pay what it takes, Chelsea did and the rest is history. They improved and we got Sinclair instead. Who remembers the fee now?

Rags are paying huge amount of money for a mistake whiskey nose did but if they land him they will improve their squad a lot.

This is also a window where Wijnaldum goes for £25m and I doubt any of the big boys outside UK have even heard of him...
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:49 am

Can you imagine the squealing if we let a player go and then paid £100million for him a few years later.

The media would be insufferable but I reckon this place would go into complete meltdown with one or two potentially spontaneously combusting too.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby john@staustell » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:32 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Can you imagine the squealing if we let a player go and then paid £100million for him a few years later.

The media would be insufferable but I reckon this place would go into complete meltdown with one or two potentially spontaneously combusting too.

Very true
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Slim » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:02 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Slim wrote:

Keeping up?

Don't be straining your eyes like that. You should be looking after them.

I know you can't see, but I am glaring at your post right now...well, glaring in one eye, looking amazed in the other...cause it's stuck that way.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum