Summer Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Summer Transfer rumours

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat May 07, 2016 2:53 am

Saul Goodman wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:Linked to a young Russian and a young Croatian fullback. Interesting

Where? And by whom? You couldn't possibly provide a link to where you found these snippets, could you, mate?

Sorry pal. Doing this on the mobile and copy-pasting links between the URL code thing on here is quite tough (for me at least)

No problem, mate. Just that there wasn't even enough info to google it. ;-)
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat May 07, 2016 5:04 am

Yeah. And those guys' names are impossible to spell
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby CTID Hants » Sat May 07, 2016 11:24 am

Saul Goodman wrote:Yeah. And those guys' names are impossible to spell

Could it be this Ukrainian lad?

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/05/07/re ... nchenko-d/
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby CTID Hants » Sat May 07, 2016 11:26 am

Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat May 07, 2016 11:54 am

no players from the fucking balkans!!!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby CTID Hants » Sat May 07, 2016 12:45 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:

Don't shoot messenger NT.... ;-)
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat May 07, 2016 12:57 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

Don't shoot messenger NT.... ;-)

waiting for a nonsensical tirade of abuse from cit.revenge....
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat May 07, 2016 1:24 pm

Those are them indeed
Saul Goodman

Postby phips » Sat May 07, 2016 2:25 pm

CTID Hants wrote:If we haven't already ended all interest in Ilkay Gundogan then surely we will now..........

Ilkay Gundogan suffers serious knee injury to rule him out of Euro 2016 and potentially scupper Manchester City move

Ilkay Gundogan's summer transfer to Manchester City is in doubt, after the Borussia Dortmund midfielder picked up another serious injury.

The German international is out of Euro 2016 this summer, after dislocating a knee in training on Wednesday.

He missed training yesterday and Dortmund have today confirmed their fear that the 25-year-old had suffered another injury setback.

Gundogan has been strongly linked with a summer move to the Etihad, with Pep Guardiola having made him one of his primary targets this summer.

Representatives for the midfielder were pictured meeting City's director of football Txiki Begiristain in Amsterdam in March.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ee-7911221?

done it playing basketball. if true, thats a shocking thing to have as part of training.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat May 07, 2016 2:57 pm

phips wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:If we haven't already ended all interest in Ilkay Gundogan then surely we will now..........

Ilkay Gundogan suffers serious knee injury to rule him out of Euro 2016 and potentially scupper Manchester City move

Ilkay Gundogan's summer transfer to Manchester City is in doubt, after the Borussia Dortmund midfielder picked up another serious injury.

The German international is out of Euro 2016 this summer, after dislocating a knee in training on Wednesday.

He missed training yesterday and Dortmund have today confirmed their fear that the 25-year-old had suffered another injury setback.

Gundogan has been strongly linked with a summer move to the Etihad, with Pep Guardiola having made him one of his primary targets this summer.

Representatives for the midfielder were pictured meeting City's director of football Txiki Begiristain in Amsterdam in March.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ee-7911221?

done it playing basketball. if true, thats a shocking thing to have as part of training.

really? please explain.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby sheblue » Sun May 08, 2016 6:57 pm

If, probably when, we end up in the Europa league that's going to have an interesting affect on our summer transfers.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Cocacolajojo » Sun May 08, 2016 7:17 pm

sheblue wrote:If, probably when, we end up in the Europa league that's going to have an interesting affect on our summer transfers.

Don't think it will have any effect at all. People know this is a blip in large respects caused by the fact that Pellegrini has mereley been a glorified baby sitter over the last two seasons.

Europa League is a great tournament. If the finance's aren't an issue, I'm not bothered if we miss CL. It's a shit tournament anyway.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby sheblue » Sun May 08, 2016 8:11 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:
sheblue wrote:If, probably when, we end up in the Europa league that's going to have an interesting affect on our summer transfers.

Don't think it will have any effect at all. People know this is a blip in large respects caused by the fact that Pellegrini has mereley been a glorified baby sitter over the last two seasons.

Europa League is a great tournament. If the finance's aren't an issue, I'm not bothered if we miss CL. It's a shit tournament anyway.

Glorified baby sitter!!. Tut tut don't say that, don't point out the blatantly obsious. He won two rumbelows cups you know.
Making a bollocks of the league and not qualifying for the CL, it will have some impact on our transfers.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun May 08, 2016 8:37 pm

sheblue wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:

Glorified baby sitter!!. Tut tut don't say that, don't point out the blatantly obsious. He won two rumbelows cups you know.
Making a bollocks of the league and not qualifying for the CL, it will have some impact on our transfers.

How much effect would it have?

Are prospective targets really going to pass up the chance to work with Guardiola because they will miss out on Champions League football for a year?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun May 08, 2016 9:23 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
sheblue wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:

Are prospective targets really going to pass up the chance to work with Guardiola because they will miss out on Champions League football for a year?

Issue will be impact on finance from loss of CL money and potential change in sponsorship deals. Wouldn't appear in books for another year, but we need to comply with FFP, so depends how tight things are when buying and how the selling goes.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Saul Goodman » Sun May 08, 2016 9:53 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
sheblue wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:

Thursday football to the middle east and/or Russia will be the worst part
Saul Goodman

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun May 08, 2016 10:08 pm

Well done to our appalling manager and spineless team. If I ever see one of you degenerate cunts again I'll vomit.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby phips » Sun May 08, 2016 11:11 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
phips wrote:done it playing basketball. if true, thats a shocking thing to have as part of training.

really? please explain.

call me crazy but i would've thought that you wouldn't want your players partaking in any sort of activity that comes with risk of injury...such a basketball.
i know here in the states many professional athlete contracts prohibit the players from riding motorcycles, going skydiving, playing basketball, etc. during the season out of fear of injury. obviously you can get injured just getting out of your car or in training but why increase the risk by participating in activities that increase said risk? makes no sense to me....especially when the club voluntarily adds it to part of their training regimen.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun May 08, 2016 11:46 pm

phips wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
phips wrote:done it playing basketball. if true, thats a shocking thing to have as part of training.

really? please explain.

call me crazy but i would've thought that you wouldn't want your players partaking in any sort of activity that comes with risk of injury...such a basketball.
i know here in the states many professional athlete contracts prohibit the players from riding motorcycles, going skydiving, playing basketball, etc. during the season out of fear of injury. obviously you can get injured just getting out of your car or in training but why increase the risk by participating in activities that increase said risk? makes no sense to me....especially when the club voluntarily adds it to part of their training regimen.

The things you've mentioned are individual risks with zero fitness benefits.

Playing a different sport is a great way break up the monotony of training ince in a while and loads of clubs do it. It's no less risky to play basketball than to train in game situations and we'd flip out if they didn't train. The other obvious benefit is certain sports lend themselves to aspects of other sports. So can be having fun, working out and working on specific aspects of the game without even realizing it.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby johnny crossan » Mon May 09, 2016 9:20 am

here's my current list
Last edited by johnny crossan on Mon May 09, 2016 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum