Summer Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Summer Transfer rumours

Postby PeterParker » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:57 pm

Can we make this a top Sticky, lads?

It would be easier to post here instead of making other thread everytime.

I was searching where to put these two:

1: According to reports from BILD, Manchester City, Manchester United and Juventus are targeting Borussia Monchengladbach midfielder Mahmoud Dahoud.

The 20-year-old made his first-team debut in a Europa League clash at the start of last season and has forged a recurring role in the Gladbach starting Xi this term, bagging two goals and four assists in 14 Bundesliga starts.

West Ham remain confident of keeping Dimitri Payet at the club amid reports an unnamed Chinese club are prepared to pay £38million to sign the Frenchman.

According to Sky Sports, an unnamed Chinese club have made an offer to Payet through his representatives and have proposed to pay the France international £7million-a-year in wages.

When you read this you really start to think if there actually was a transfer for Yaya under the radar this winter.
Last edited by PeterParker on Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:10 pm

PeterParker wrote:Can we make this a top Sticky, lads?

It would be easier to post here instead of making other thread everytime.

I was searching where to put these two:

1: According to reports from BILD, Manchester City, Manchester United and Juventus are targeting Borussia Monchengladbach midfielder Mahmoud Dahoud.

The 20-year-old made his first-team debut in a Europa League clash at the start of last season and has forged a recurring role in the Gladbach starting Xi this term, bagging two goals and four assists in 14 Bundesliga starts.

West Ham remain confident of keeping Dimitri Payet at the club amid reports an unnamed Chinese club are prepared to pay £38million to sign the Frenchman.

According to Sky Sports, an unnamed Chinese club have made an offer to Payet through his representatives and have proposed to pay the France international £7million-a-year in wages.

When you read this you really start to think if there actually was a transfer for Yaya under the radar this winter.

Hi PP I don't want another sticky. We have lots as it is and the amount of bollox spewed about us being in for every man and his dog. This thread will probably never leave the page anyway
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:31 pm

Agreed re not wanting another sticky. Not being able to see new threads at the top of my page on my browser has been one of the reasons I've been posting on the site less of late.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:39 pm

Agree too, I would put most of them stickies into their own sub-forum.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:47 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Agree too, I would put most of them stickies into their own sub-forum.

Thought about that and having a fantasy footy and predictions sure forum too.

Let me see. I will look to have a rejig later this week
Wonderwall

Postby JamieMCFC » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:54 pm

Pep Guardiola could tempt me to leave Barcelona - Sergio Busquets

Barcelona star Sergio Busquets has told ESPN Deportes that he could be tempted to leave the club by incoming Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola.

Busquets, 27, made the breakthrough into the Barcelona first-team during the 2008-09 season under Guardiola and has gone on to become one of the best defensive midfielders in the world.

And, with Guardiola announced as City's new manager for next summer, Busquets admitted that he would love the chance to work together again.

"I have always said there are just two people who could make me change my decision to stay at Barcelona," he told ESPN. "One of those two people is my wife. And she is happy here right now, so I don't think there will be any issues on a personal level.

"On a sporting level, that other person is Guardiola. It's clear that I owe Pep a lot and I would be honoured to work with him again."

The Spain midfielder has a contract until 2019, although he says he is happy at Barcelona currently and does not believe that Guardiola would ever ask him to leave.

"He knows that Barcelona are my club and it's his club as well," he added. "He knows it's best for the club and for me to stay here and I don't think he will ask me to leave Barcelona.

"I hope that when I end my career, I go down in history as a great team player, who won titles and excelled. I want to become one of the players with the most games for Barcelona."

http://www.espnfc.us/barcelona/story/28 ... eave-barca
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:55 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Agree too, I would put most of them stickies into their own sub-forum.

My personal opinion would be to unstick the 'all other matches' thread, too. I used to read the individual weekly threads when they were near the top of the page, but now I've got to guess at what page comments on this week's games start, which isn't worth the hassle.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:14 pm

thx but no thx sergio, you diving twunt. i seriously hope pep's plan for us doesn't amount to "getting the gang back together" at our owner's expense. i am pretty sure he's smarter than that, but if he's given unlimited funds to lure messi and the other pensioners away, who knows??

JamieMCFC wrote:Pep Guardiola could tempt me to leave Barcelona - Sergio Busquets

Barcelona star Sergio Busquets has told ESPN Deportes that he could be tempted to leave the club by incoming Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola.

Busquets, 27, made the breakthrough into the Barcelona first-team during the 2008-09 season under Guardiola and has gone on to become one of the best defensive midfielders in the world.

And, with Guardiola announced as City's new manager for next summer, Busquets admitted that he would love the chance to work together again.

"I have always said there are just two people who could make me change my decision to stay at Barcelona," he told ESPN. "One of those two people is my wife. And she is happy here right now, so I don't think there will be any issues on a personal level.

"On a sporting level, that other person is Guardiola. It's clear that I owe Pep a lot and I would be honoured to work with him again."

The Spain midfielder has a contract until 2019, although he says he is happy at Barcelona currently and does not believe that Guardiola would ever ask him to leave.

"He knows that Barcelona are my club and it's his club as well," he added. "He knows it's best for the club and for me to stay here and I don't think he will ask me to leave Barcelona.

"I hope that when I end my career, I go down in history as a great team player, who won titles and excelled. I want to become one of the players with the most games for Barcelona."

http://www.espnfc.us/barcelona/story/28 ... eave-barca
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:41 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

My personal opinion would be to unstick the 'all other matches' thread, too. I used to read the individual weekly threads when they were near the top of the page, but now I've got to guess at what page comments on this week's games start, which isn't worth the hassle.

I'm active on the other matches thread so the situation is not that bad for me but the old set-up of new thread every week was a million % better!

I don't like the idea of moving threads to subforums, that's gonna kill them for me. Either sticky or just let them disappear if no one is interested
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:43 pm

Oh and Busquets...if Pep is gonna turn us into diving cheats like that he can stay in Bavaria
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:53 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

I'm active on the other matches thread so the situation is not that bad for me but the old set-up of new thread every week was a million % better!

I don't like the idea of moving threads to subforums, that's gonna kill them for me. Either sticky or just let them disappear if no one is interested

Happy to get feedback fellas as long as the dates are put on the thread title
Wonderwall

Postby Mase » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:44 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:Oh and Busquets...if Pep is gonna turn us into diving cheats like that he can stay in Bavaria

I can't stand him either. Horrible horrible footballer.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:13 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Happy to get feedback fellas as long as the dates are put on the thread title

can we just limit the forum to a single thread where we bicker constantly and call each other cunts?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:29 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
can we just limit the forum to a single thread where we bicker constantly and call each other cunts?

Ah, that would be the Otamendi thread.
Down the corridor second door on the left.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:30 pm

Well, just read that we paid euro 100 million for Kev. And with the £16 mil a year, where do they get this shit from?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby nottsblue » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:41 pm

Payet to China for £38m? Honestly? Is this a real bid or just bullshit paper talk? After all, Martinez and Texiera went for over £32m each. Surely Yaya and his agent must be considering China as a very real option
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:01 pm

Wheres the stuff about Sane, Suarez, Neymar, Pogba, and Messi?
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:45 pm

nottsblue wrote:Payet to China for £38m? Honestly? Is this a real bid or just bullshit paper talk? After all, Martinez and Texiera went for over £32m each. Surely Yaya and his agent must be considering China as a very real option

Considering?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:47 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Payet to China for £38m? Honestly? Is this a real bid or just bullshit paper talk? After all, Martinez and Texiera went for over £32m each. Surely Yaya and his agent must be considering China as a very real option

Considering?

Don't want to get my hopes up too much
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:57 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Considering?

Don't want to get my hopes up too much

May not be China mate but he'll be looking elsewhere now.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum