Summer Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Summer Transfer rumours

Postby PrezIke » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:37 pm

I also think Stones is coming too.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby gillie » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:51 pm

PeterParker wrote:Hmm, Matuidi supposed was in Manchester to negociate with filth.

Top player, if you ask me.

Wow the French National team Manager Deschamps must be a great guy allowing Matuidi time off from the Euro's to sign for the rags.He must have flown in on Saturday because he played in midfield last night against Iceland. Then again it could be all made up bollox.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Dimples » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:09 pm

blues2win wrote:Soriano says two more transfers very close and others at an advanced stage.

My guess is Stones and Kroos.
Both urgently needed.
Ball playing centre half and YaYa replacement.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:04 am

Dimples wrote:
blues2win wrote:Soriano says two more transfers very close and others at an advanced stage.

Both urgently needed.

I feel if Pogba goes to Madrid then Kroos is ours. It has to hinge on that tho. Doesn't it?

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby edge275 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:49 am

I think we should do all we can to sign Pogba, the guy is amazing. If it costs £110 million so be it.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:31 am

Gringo Twatburger wrote:
Dimples wrote:

Both urgently needed.

I feel if Pogba goes to Madrid then Kroos is ours. It has to hinge on that tho. Doesn't it?

Cheers

'we' need to reduce the quote we gave real to redevelop the bernabeau
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Suarez open to Man City move

Postby davidtaylor » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:53 am

Breaking News|Suarez open to Man City move|Read More!!!

The Mirror claim Pep Guardiola has been trying to sign the Barcelona striker for months in a deal that would cost £85m.....

Link:http://iammedia101.com/breaking-newssuarez-open-man-city-moveread/
davidtaylor
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C
My favourite player is: Raheem Sterling

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:36 pm

Manchester City consider £51m bid for Juventus defender Leonardo Bonucci

• City prepare next move after initial offer for centre-back rejected
• Pep Guardiola called Bonucci: ‘One of my favourite ever players

Manchester City are considering offering Juventus €60m (£51m) for Leonardo Bonucci – what would be a world record fee for a defender – after the Italian club rejected a €45m offer for the 29-year-old.

Juventus do not want to sell Bonucci and gave a flat rejection to City following the initial offer. However, a bid in the region of €60m may be difficult for the Serie A champions to reject.

Guardiola views the defender as an automatic first choice should he be signed. Bonucci impressed in Italy’s Euro 2016 campaign, and would bring technical ability and vast experience to City’s side.

Bonucci has 62 caps, has won five Serie A titles, two Coppa Italia medals, and is also a losing Champions League finalist, having played in the team that lost to Real Madrid in 2014. At Juventus he forms part of the so-called BBC – an admired trio of centre-backs alongside Andrea Barzagli and Giorgio Chiellini.

The position is one of the key weakness identified in the City squad by Guardiola. There is serious concern regarding Vincent Kompany, the captain, due to what appears a chronic calf problem and various other injury issues, and Guardiola is aware he may not be able to rely on him.

With Martin Demichelis having departed, the other options are Eliaquim Mangala, the 25-year-old who has disappointed since joining from Porto for £42m two years ago, Argentina’s Nicolas Otamendi, and the untested Jason Denayer. The 21-year-old has never played for City, and has spent the past two seasons on loan at Celtic and Galatasaray

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... do-bonucci?

Not sure why we would pay double his current market value? http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/leonardo ... eler/39983
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:41 pm

Gerónimo Rulli: I have spoken to Pep Guardiola about joining City…

Real Sociedad expected goalkeeper Gerónimo Rulli to join them for preseason training this Thursday, but with his future still in doubt, he will be missing when La Real begin preparations for the new season.

Rulli has been linked with a move to Manchester City since May, but despite the Blues having a stake in the investment fund that owns the player’s rights, recent reports have said he will join Real Sociedad permanently instead because of the guarantee of first-team football.

A permanent move from Deportivo Maldonado to Sociedad, where he spent last season on loan, seemed a formality, and the player himself had said he expected it to go through, but things are now more uncertain. Rulli has been speaking to the press in Argentina and Marca have printed some of his comments.

24-year-old Rulli said, “Where am I going to play? The truth is, that it is not yet known. I know something is close, but can’t say.”

Rulli hinted that he would like to continue at Sociedad, but then dropped a bomb by admitting he has been called by City boss Pep Guardiola, who asked him to join City. He also said that playing in the Olympics for Argentina is non-negotiable wherever he lands, with his heart set on that. Rulli is uncapped by Argentina at senior level, but a strong performance in Rio could lead to new opportunities.

According to Marca, there is a possibility that City could exercise their right to buy Rulli, then send him to Sociedad on loan or even permanently with the option to buy him back in future. Guardiola may also want him right away, because it seems he rates the shot-stopper quite highly. For Rulli, the question is whether he would get much game time at a club that employs Joe Hart, but the opportunity to work with Pep Guardiola is always tempting…

http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2016/07/06/ger ... ning-city/?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blues2win » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:52 pm

Di Marco says we had a 40 million euro bid for Bonucci knocked back by Juventus. Italian Press suggesting we may go back in with a much higher figure which might find favour. He's a very good player but if we go for Stones as well what does this say about the futures of Company and/or Mangala?
blues2win

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby blues2win » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:52 pm

Sorry auto correct Kompany!
blues2win

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby aaron bond » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:59 pm

blues2win wrote:Di Marco says we had a 40 million euro bid for Bonucci knocked back by Juventus. Italian Press suggesting we may go back in with a much higher figure which might find favour. He's a very good player but if we go for Stones as well what does this say about the futures of Company and/or Mangala?

A huge amount for a 29 year old!
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Green & Blue » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:09 pm

Bonucci would be some addition to the team but what kind of price are we willing to pay? Juventus won't want to part ways with him that's for sure.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dameerto » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:13 pm

blues2win wrote:Di Marco says we had a 40 million euro bid for Bonucci knocked back by Juventus. Italian Press suggesting we may go back in with a much higher figure which might find favour. He's a very good player but if we go for Stones as well what does this say about the futures of Company and/or Mangala?

Are Di Marco using the Guardian piece as a source by any chance? It was written by that wanker Jamie Jackson and is a speculative work of fiction based on Pep praising the player after Bayern played Juventus last season (unless Jackson is a genuine mind reader and able to tell us exactly what Pep thinks).
I will eat my own turds if we pay the kind of money Jamie Jackson is suggesting for a 29 year old defender.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:23 pm

Dameerto wrote:

Are Di Marco using the Guardian piece as a source by any chance? It was written by that wanker Jamie Jackson and is a speculative work of fiction based on Pep praising the player after Bayern played Juventus last season (unless Jackson is a genuine mind reader and able to tell us exactly what Pep thinks).
I will eat my own turds if we pay the kind of money Jamie Jackson is suggesting for a 29 year old defender.

More than likely the other way around id wager.

Jamie the rag is probably using DiMarzio as his source, the latter works for Sky Italia and is generally fairly reliable.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:41 pm

aaron bond wrote:

A huge amount for a 29 year old!

Maybe. But IMO by far wiser spending that money on real quality than spending £50mil on shite potential
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Dameerto » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:43 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

More than likely the other way around id wager.

Jamie the rag is probably using DiMarzio as his source, the latter works for Sky Italia and is generally fairly reliable.

That's not how it looks, everything appearing on newsnow traces back to the Guardian. Which indicates slow news day for lazy wanker Jackson.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:17 pm

GERONIMOOOOOOOOO

I wonder what we can sing or chant for this fella?
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby sheblue » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:02 pm

Can't see what stones has ever done to warrant such a fee. Bonucci, lets pretend its true for a second. Bonucci would be a great signing but at that money!!!!
Its gone mad.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Renato_CTID » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:18 pm

I live in Torino and I'm sure Juve will never leave one of their best players! Bonucci himself is to happy to stay here and too lazy, as every typical Italian footballer, to prove himself he could become a better player with Guardiola!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum